PDA

View Full Version : Free Throws

23dpg
01-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Gonzaga slumped a little with their FT shooting today, but over the last three games they had a streak of 19 straight before MM missed in the first half.

Just FYI

bballbeachbum
01-15-2011, 08:50 PM
..the bigs continue to draw a lot of dumb fouls. That will cost them dearly one of these games.

crept up a little bit last couple of games

on both fronts, FT shooting, and "bad" fouls by bigs (basically, away from the paint somehow)...re-tighten the screws

Nevtelen
01-15-2011, 10:05 PM
The problem tonight was who was shooting them. If Rob, Gray, Marquise, even Meech usually, shoot them, we hit a good %. When some of the other guys (Harris, Olynyk, even Moeninghoff IIRC) shoot most of them... well, you get tonight. Not to knock the kid unduly, but I think Olynyk should have to give up his 'coach's son' card if he continues to shoot from the line like that. Aren't coaches' kids supposed to make their FTs?

MDABE80
01-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Past several games we've been close to 80%. Tonight 54%...we got killed at the line. Over 10 pt difference. Yikes!

We do that against good teams who shoot FT's well, we'll lose by a lot more than 10. GAWD!!!! It's so simple! FREE!!! Rob's come SO far! Everyone should and could do that!

fedwayzag
01-15-2011, 10:54 PM
come on abe. Based on the season to date the sky is not falling regarding free throws. Now if we shoot free throws over the next few games like we did tonight it will be cause for concern. The past two games eveyone seemed concerned about defense. allowing teams to shoot over 50%. Tonight LMU shot just over 31% I believe. Now we need to keep up the effort on defense and I think we will be fine. Free throw % we be back up in my opinion.