PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game - LMU - 1.15.2011

RenoZag
01-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Zags rack up another WCC "W" in a game that was uncomfortably numb to watch in the first half.

Which Bulldog made your night, Zag fans ?

GAME BOX SCORE (http://www.gozags.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2010-2011/gonmb18.html#GAME.BOX)

billyberu
01-15-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm going with Stockton. The game was uncomfortably close early in the second half and even with LMU not having a good FG% up until that point I believe the refs would have let LMU win the game at the charity stripe. I don't know how the diminutive progeny does it and I still want Meech in there for the majority of the game, but he changes the flow of the game in a positive way. Way to go kid!

WallaWallaZag
01-15-2011, 07:07 PM
sacre for the solid game overall...18-7 and 5 blocks.

RenoZag
01-15-2011, 07:16 PM

And ZERO turnovers !

Hon. mention to Elias for the double-double.

LongIslandZagFan
01-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Bobby Sugar... just plain solid in the second half.

Bogozags
01-15-2011, 07:35 PM

...and I believe six second half rebounds!

His FG% is just going up...17 for 23 in last two games, with 8 blocks and 42 points...he is the most improved player so far imo.

maineblackbear
01-15-2011, 07:43 PM
kinda surprised to see the TV people pick Herr Harris--I thought he had a good game, mind you, but I thought Mr. Sacre deserved the nod for this accolade . . . mbb

Reborn
01-15-2011, 07:59 PM
I picked Gray because so few did. Come on, Gray's game is every bit as outstanding as Sacre's. His defense is simply awesome. And I felt it was Gray who really took over the game in the second half and began to score in a variety of ways. But the truth is that I didn't want to vote at all because really this is the game I was hoping for, where Sacre, Harris and Gray would really have a very good game together. Offensively, these 3 guys worked so well together tonight, and overall I saw very little selfishness. They played really well together.

I thought their chemistry was awesome. The 3 of them played in complete harmoney I felt. There is Sacre down low, being the dominating force he is. And then there is Gray with his very skilled and crafty outside game. Finally, Harris is the guy who plays through the middle. He is the penetrator, the slasher to the rim. He is the one who constantly attacks the opponents defense with the dribble. And I saw much more out of him tonight then at any other other time this year. I felt he played with fire and passion from the beginning to the end. And he came away with 10 boards against a very tough rebounding team.

Nevtelen
01-15-2011, 08:01 PM
kinda surprised to see the TV people pick Herr Harris--I thought he had a good game, mind you, but I thought Mr. Sacre deserved the nod for this accolade . . . mbb

Yeah, the broadcast team maybe didn't watch the same game we did? Their sub was waaaay off to - Sam was fine and all, but sub of the game? Seriously?

No question the GUnit for me was Big Rob - he even improved his rebound a LOT in the 2nd half (3 offensive boards were very welcome), had 5! blocks, 0 TOs against a very tough defensive team (and even 1 assist) pretty much abused the Lions out there. Like he has every team we've played for a while now.

Sub of the game as Stockton, not even a smidge of doubt. That kid has a killer instinct, works his butt off, really understands the game, and plays with a lot more maturity than the avg freshman. Even did well on D tonight. Goodson's gotten much much better, but I thought Stockton was night and day tonight.

former1dog
01-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Sacre is a beast and sets the tone for the rest of our team.

I think Rob will be back for his senior season and in that scenario everyone in the WCC is playing for second in the player of the year contests. Hell, he might get it this year if he keeps up this pace.

Baseline
01-15-2011, 08:56 PM
I think Sacre deserves the Gunit for his all around consistent play.
Steven and Harris were both close seconds, but I like Harris's hustle tonight. He didn't have his best shooting night, but his overall play I thought may be his best this year. He drove to the center of the lane and stopped and popped for good baskets, it looks like he has a new move in his bag of tricks.

bballbeachbum
01-15-2011, 08:56 PM
it's great when there are many good choices! could vote for them all

David played the trump cards I thought

E w/10 boards tonight tough to pass on tho

2wiceright
01-15-2011, 09:31 PM
G-unit to Elias Harris. He's been more and more consistent, quietly. Reason, tonights "double-double".
Hon. mention to big Rob, and Steven...

Another importand grind out win for the Zags!!!:D

fedwayzag
01-15-2011, 11:03 PM
I went with Harris as well. Hard to ignore a double double. He seemed very focused the last two games.

kitzbuel
01-16-2011, 04:30 AM
Elias has steadily become consistent and dependable every outing. He is becoming just a constant positive presence every game.

He may not be as dynamic as last year (to the chagrin of television audiences) but he is now delivering the same effectiveness and doing so in away that opposing teams are not game planning for.

FrosTbear
01-16-2011, 06:28 AM
The big Three did great in the second half but the difference was when David was sent in we were 4 points up and not playing team ball. LMU plays street ball and we were starting to go to their game. David lit the GU fuse with his tempo and sharp passing and the charge that he took made a statement. NOT IN OUR HOUSE! :clap:

NotoriousZ
01-16-2011, 06:49 AM
No Keita option? I know he didn't fill up the boxscore, but he was a game changer last night. We went on a nice little run in the first half when he was on the court, and he played most of the second half...:)

Our "Big Three" played great, most notably Rob, so he'll get my vote tomorrow if the pollster doesn't add Keita.

Defense and hustle...that's a GUnit right there!

LMUZAG
01-16-2011, 08:21 AM
No Keita option? I know he didn't fill up the boxscore, but he was a game changer last night. We went on a nice little run in the first half when he was on the court, and he played most of the second half...:)

Our "Big Three" played great, most notably Rob, so he'll get my vote tomorrow if the pollster doesn't add Keita.

Defense and hustle...that's a GUnit right there!

I also intended to vote for Keita. I know he may be fundamentally lacking as a couple posters have pointed out, but he does seem to will himself into the right place at the right time. No flashy stats yet, just disruptive energy that changed the game.

Scotto
01-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Rob has been the pulse of this win streak, and the season really. Would hate to see where this team would be without him.

gozagswoohoo
01-17-2011, 06:28 AM

THIS!

Sacre is going to continue to own the WCC.

ZagsGoZags
01-17-2011, 11:31 AM
I have to go with Harris,
3 assists this time