PDA

View Full Version : Where is Stockton?

kclubfounder
01-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Is he sick? Is he in the doghouse? We have one of the ugliest halves of the year and he is nowhere to be seen. I don't get it.

NEC26
01-15-2011, 05:38 PM
Well they put in Stockton with the zags +2 and now they are + 12 with the biggest lead of the game.

maynard g krebs
01-15-2011, 05:40 PM
15-6 Zags since DS came in. Fairly common occurrence the last few weeks.

Ezag
01-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Stockton is one cool, calm and collected player. Nothing rattles him and he can dish.

kclubfounder
01-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks Mr. Few, next time please don't take so long.

And those of you who are still so stubborn as to cling to your belief that David Stockton should not be playing will you please shut the hell up once and for all.

Radbooks
01-15-2011, 06:13 PM
He should have been their 'Sub of the Game', not Dower, but they often look only at points.

bballbeachbum
01-15-2011, 06:15 PM
changed the game

1973Zag
01-15-2011, 06:33 PM
+1 to all the above. Don't care why or how, but he can bring a dead Zag team back to life.

maynard g krebs
01-15-2011, 06:36 PM
The posters who have referred to David's stat line to argue that he isn't doing much are missing what is happening on the court. It's a subtle thing, but DS's timing of the initial pass often leads to layups a pass or 2 later, for which he gets no credit statistically. Two examples tonight: first, Kelly flashes to the right elbow, the pass from DS arrives with KO's defender trailing. KO passes to Gray on the wing, cuts for the basket past his defender, takes the return pass from SG for the uncontested layup.

Second: defense trying to pressure DS on top; he passes to an open Keita on the right wing, Keita goes to the basket and is picked up by Sacre's defender; he drops it to RS for the uncontested dunk.

22-13 Zags in DS's 8 min.

billyberu
01-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Thanks Mr. Few, next time please don't take so long.

And those of you who are still so stubborn as to cling to your belief that David Stockton should not be playing will you please shut the hell up once and for all.

Settle down, Francis. You don't have to beat everyone up with your "I'm right, neener,neener,neener" stick.

kclubfounder
01-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Settle down, Francis. You don't have to beat everyone up with your "I'm right, neener,neener,neener" stick.

Fair enough. But if there was ever a time to do it....

former1dog
01-15-2011, 08:17 PM
He should have been their 'Sub of the Game', not Dower, but they often look only at points.

I think DS played great, but the sub of the game award should have gone to Keita.

Nevtelen
01-15-2011, 10:01 PM
Second: defense trying to pressure DS on top; he passes to an open Keita on the right wing, Keita goes to the basket and is picked up by Sacre's defender; he drops it to RS for the uncontested dunk.

Especially in that last play (and a couple others) you almost get the impression that Stockton is a human sucker-punch. These athletic ball-hawkers leap out to pressure him (sometimes double-team him, even) and he holds onto his handle and makes a great pass that leaves the guy who was pressuring him flat-footed and the Zags playing 5 on 4 (generally resulting in a lay-in, like on that play, when the opposing D gets all messed up).

Knotsolucky
01-16-2011, 05:40 AM
Kudos to Stockton once again. Lets face it, how much has he improved in just half of his first college season? He didn't even play in several of those early games. I believe our offense changes for the better when he gets his minutes. I think his court vision must be in his blood and will only get better. It seems he manages to take at least one offensive charge in every game. David may never be a starter, but has the ability to get things started when he's on the floor. He's a big man for his size in IMHO. Obviously I love the kid....

ridgebackzag
01-16-2011, 07:05 AM
Even though DS and DG play the same position, they are really an apple and an orange. DG will never be that sneaky dishing point guard. He pushes the tempo, although it gets him in trouble sometimes, and that's what seems to be Few's goal. Few's teams thrive with speed. DS is a facilitator that will slow the game down when it gets sloppy. He stays in until the rhythm gets going again, then he sits.

Our success when either one is on the court can be argued.

It's pretty cut and dry. Our PGs are both role players.

bigblahla
01-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Even though DS and DG play the same position, they are really an apple and an orange. DG will never be that sneaky dishing point guard. He pushes the tempo, although it gets him in trouble sometimes, and that's what seems to be Few's goal. Few's teams thrive with speed. DS is a facilitator that will slow the game down when it gets sloppy. He stays in until the rhythm gets going again, then he sits.

Our success when either one is on the court can be argued.

It's pretty cut and dry. Our PGs are both role players.

Our TEAM is made up of role players. How they perform in their roles so goes the TEAM.

David is a baller and a gamer he gives it everything he's got when he's on the floor. Gotta love it when he takes a charge, what guts, he knows he's gonna get trampled but takes it for the TEAM.

Go!! Zags!!!