• Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

What do you hope to see tonight in the game

Harris lighting them up tonight.
    Lots of 3 pointers...Lets go for 7
    Playing with a burning fire inside...great defense and rebounding.

I hope to see a 15 point victory...and lots of smiling faces at the end of the game.

I would like to see their coach get a technical foul...hahahahaha
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • EuroZag2010
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2010

I hope the three musketeers have monster nights again!! With some good D!! And of course a couple high flying alley oops dunks by E !! I can't wait the kennel will be nuts =]

" WE WANT WENDY's . . . WE WANT WENDY's WE WANT WENDY's "
    "I'm really excited. I'm excited to wear GONZAGA on my chest.
    -Kevin Pangos-

"You play to win the game, HELLO!?!- I dont care if you have any wins! You play to win the game "-Herm Edwards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IMk5sMHj58I

Comment

• DZ
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2007

I would love to see the great shooters of LMU held below 65. I want to see GU turn LMU over more than 18 times leading to fast break points for Keita and Meech, if each of them score 8 that is a good sign.

Big game for Harris. Time for him to start asserting himself as a physical force, driving for dunks. Continued hot shooting by Gray, we almost take him for granted, he is so good.

Outrebound them by 8. Out hustle. And, win the first 4 minutes of each half.
      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
      Mark Twain.

Comment

• DCZag
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Aug 2009

Win the TO and total rebound battles - guard the 3 pt line. If we do, the result is another double digit win.

Comment

• HillBillyZag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

er.......hopefully a WIN!
          [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
          ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

• gamagin
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

I think we win but I worry

about our thinner Zags. This team is the one that crushed Manny last year between a couple of big oaks underneath, and left him injured.

It's a scrum underneath among tackles without helmets.
            Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
            Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
            Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• bballbeachbum
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2008

continued offensive efficiency and execution...go off

paint and glass domination; reestablish the boards are ours!

win the battle at the point

Just freakin' get after it from the opening tip--hard core intensity!

GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• ZagAddict
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Suffocating defense for two halves of basketball...

Comment

• Pargo the Destroyer
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2008

It's the conference schedule, Gonzaga still has that big bullseye on their chest.
                  Fight, get a W, listen to fans gripe about "something" and move to next conference battle. Rinse, wash, repeat.

Comment

• Reborn
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Pargo the Destroyer View Post
                    Fight, get a W, listen to fans gripe about "something" and move to next conference battle. Rinse, wash, repeat.
                    Rinse, wash, repeat....I like that........

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                      Zag for Life
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                      Rinse, wash, repeat....I like that........
                      This!

Comment

• Reborn
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2007

I got what I was looking for and more. 20 pt win after being tied at halftime is real nice. LMU may have been more tired than the Zags in the 2nd half. Gonzaga really looked good the 2nd half.

I did not get quite what I wanted from LMU's coach, but I did get a couple of good thrills watching him chew on his team during a couple time outs.

I thought Elias had a pretty good game, especially on the boards. He could have had his 20 if he had shot better, especially from the free-throw line.

Arop was not on his game.

A very good win.

Comment

• DZ
                          Zag for Life
                          • Sep 2007

I really liked the way we responded. Our first half was not good, though I will say that we had a really "off" shooting night, especially in the first half, had we shot decently we would have been up 6-10 - as we were most of the half.

So, when your shot is not there, the only thing to do is grind out defensively and that is what they did opening the second and then throughout. I thought Stockton really handled the offense well, got the ball deeper inside. Harris played really really well, his stat line doesn't necessarily show it b/c he was missing FTs and missed some that he normally is good for, but his aggression and going to the rim is back and needed. Keita played well - hell, the whole team played well in the second half, our depth showed as we wore them out.

I liked what I saw, but just like every year I wonder how we are going to beat these teams on the road. The games are just so much more intense, the intensity was way higher than the Oklahoma St. game - its amazing.
                          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                          Mark Twain.

Comment

• Reborn
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2007

The more I watch last night's game the more I see Gonzaga becoming a tough defensive team, and a well-oiled machine on offense. I think the team we dreamed about in September is beginning to take shape.

Comment

Working...
                            X