PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: Watch Sarbaugh on SWX tonight at 5:30 PM

ZagNative
01-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Chris Sarbaugh: Ferris (8-1) travels to Gonzaga Prep (8-2). Should be a dandy.

SWX is Chanel 115 on Comcast. From the SR (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/jan/13/saxons-set-for-g-prep/):
Saxons set for G-Prep

The Ferris boys basketball team can take a big step toward securing the Greater Spokane League title Friday.

The Saxons (9-1 overall, 8-0 league) visit defending league champ Gonzaga Prep (9-2, 8-1). Tipoff is at 5:30.

Ferris defeated the Bullpups 65-56 in late December thanks largely to a 25-13 start in the first quarter. The Bullpups can tighten the chase for the league title.

“Prep is physical. We’ve got to match that and bring a little more,” Ferris senior wing Riley Stockton said.

Ferris coach Don Van Lierop expects a test against the defending league champ.

“Matty (McIntyre, G-Prep coach) is doing an excellent job with those guys,” Van Lierop said. “They’re playing well. I’m sure both teams are looking forward to the game.”I believe I saw where Sarbaugh is averaging about ten points a game, but now I can't find the link.

Kevin Pangos: Also on deck today and not previously reported on guboards, Kevin Pangos and Denison at the 40th Annual Silver Fox Invitational in Toronto (http://www.silverfoxbasketball.ca/silver_fox001.htm).

Gary Bell: Kentridge plays at Jefferson tonight.

Ryan Spangler: Bridge Creek meets Crooked Oak, not sure whether home or away.

ZagNative
01-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Ferris leading 11-9 at the end of the first quarter, after a pretty block by Sarbaugh.

gamagin
01-14-2011, 06:18 PM
especially defensively.

Unfortunately the bullpups couldn't manage an offensive board the last 10 minutes or so and barely got any points in the last 5-10 minutes either (multiple one and dones) as Ferris scored about 13 unanswered points, half of them f.t.'s.

49-38 Ferris.

cggonzaga
01-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Prep has a tough time scoring against good competition this year. If Chris or Parker aren't hitting they're in for long nights. Luckily they play solid defense. I didn't think Chris had a very good game tonight. He needs to take the ball to the basket more.