PDA

View Full Version : Pepperdine Stats?

bigblahla
01-14-2011, 06:58 AM
Good win but I was surprised when I looked at the stat line for this game. We won by 17 but the stats were close it was our shooting percentage and free throws that made the difference.

I was surprised to see the Waves points in the paint, rebounds, shooting percentages, etc...

Comments?

Go!! Zags!!!

FuManShoes
01-14-2011, 07:13 AM
I thought the defense relaxed in tbe second half. It was a pretty fast-paced game which meant lots of possessions, but the Zags seemed to revert to some bad habits on defending threes and giving up penetration. I think some of that was Sacre being on the bench and Sam getting more time. Also, props to Lorne Jackson, who made some nifty shots in traffic.

zag67
01-14-2011, 07:38 AM
I think that the answer could be 21, 25, 26, 28, and 32 (goodson) for starter minutes. Then 16 for Carter and Sam. 17 for KO. And 5, 6 , and 8 for the others. This shows me that he is trying to get Carter, Sam, and KO ready for later in the season.

I thought offensively they did well, but it is easy to see that they still need to keep working at the defensive end (the reason for 75 points). But I liked what I saw from the WHOLE team. Great win and good luck on Saturday.

Mantua
01-14-2011, 10:47 AM
The rebounding stats, 28, then 27,in the last two games are worrisome. Is there an explanation for the poor rebounding other than we tend to play down to the level of WCC games?

sittingon50
01-14-2011, 11:28 AM
One would be shooting over 62% from the floor.

Mantua
01-14-2011, 11:37 AM
One would be shooting over 62% from the floor.

Giving up too many good shots to opponents and not blocking out.

I would be more comfortable with our rebounding stats in the high 30s when we are shooting so well.

cjm720
01-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Many of his points were against Meech. So much for his vaunted D.

And Meech played the most minutes...maybe coach thought LJ would have scored more if Stock or Carter was on him, but yeah his D is lousy....:argh: