PDA

View Full Version : Problems

GU69
06-04-2007, 07:52 AM
Having a secret board and heavily deleting or editing posts is not healthy.

And Shawn, your behaviour does not appear to be admirable either.

Otherwise, I hope everyone is enjoying summer.

brasszag
06-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Summer is going well - getting to see Tears For Fears for free with all-access passes in July :-)

And I'll agree we're a little over-moderated at the nonce.

Did anyone else notice that the USF donscentral board was blaming GU for their forum crash the other day (my post was deleted)

lothar98zag
06-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Problems

My problem is my back.

I don't know why it started, but it's been bothering me on and off the past couple months. The worst of it being about 2 weeks ago when it flared up - for some unknown reason - and I actuall had to miss a day of work because I couldn't do anything else besides lay on the ground.

It's mostly better now, but it hurt like @#%&* for a day or two.

RenoZag
06-04-2007, 12:05 PM
http://www.garmentdistrict.com/store/popculture/montypython/more-cowbell-ring-z.jpg

For what ails ya. . .

ZagNative
06-04-2007, 02:52 PM
My problem is my back.

I don't know why it started, but it's been bothering me on and off the past couple months. The worst of it being about 2 weeks ago when it flared up - for some unknown reason - and I actuall had to miss a day of work because I couldn't do anything else besides lay on the ground.

It's mostly better now, but it hurt like @#%&* for a day or two.

God! I forgot how to laugh for a while there, Lothar! Thanks for reminding me how good it feels to burst out in an unexpected guffaw.

Lothar, have you checked your gut lately? A few years ago I solved my back problems when I lost weight and started a fitness program. If the following bears any similarity to your profile, you may want to cut back by at least one beer a day and embark on a fitness regimen.

http://www.scuba-equipment-usa.com/marine/NOV03/images/Hippocampus_bleekeri.jpg

bulldogshawn
06-04-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm going to start to keep count of how many threads talk about me in the original post. No less than 5 since Saturday. Of course, most of them are deleted. Hope that doesn't say I'm next to be deleted?

brasszag
06-04-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm going to start to keep count of how many threads talk about me in the original post. No less than 5 since Saturday. Of course, most of them are deleted. Hope that doesn't say I'm next to be deleted?

BDS - I have to ask since you're buddies with a student there.

Why does GU get a level of near-obsessive vitriol at donscentral that I don't see at at any of the other school boards?

Seriously, why do you think that is? I'm totally baffled.

RebornZag
06-04-2007, 05:08 PM
bulldogsean: I'm glad to see you get a little heat. Makes me feel less lonely. :D Believe me, as odd as it seems now, if it continues it'll make yoiu stornger and a better writer, imo. The more the merrier 'cause it builds character.

Remeber though, You are in charge of you. You don't have to post at all. You choose!!! And if you choose to continue to post, just be yourself and speak the truth as you see it, and let the chips fall. My God, Just don't become a whiner, Sean. And don't get paranoid. I my experience at the end of each day I let everything that went on that day go. Yesterday is gone. Today is a new day. Don't live in yesterday's.

Get into the new threads if you care to post. Share your ideas because you have a great mind. And don't let people drag you down to their level....Find joy in who God created you to be. And I mean that, Sean. Cause you DO bring joy to my life and to many others here on the Board....ok? Now just try to get over it.

bulldogshawn
06-04-2007, 05:50 PM
BDS - I have to ask since you're buddies with a student there.

Why does GU get a level of near-obsessive vitriol at donscentral that I don't see at at any of the other school boards?

Seriously, why do you think that is? I'm totally baffled.

I have no idea.

bulldogsean: I'm glad to see you get a little heat. Makes me feel less lonely. :D Believe me, as odd as it seems now, if it continues it'll make yoiu stornger and a better writer, imo. The more the merrier 'cause it builds character.

Remeber though, You are in charge of you. You don't have to post at all. You choose!!! And if you choose to continue to post, just be yourself and speak the truth as you see it, and let the chips fall. My God, Just don't become a whiner, Sean. And don't get paranoid. I my experience at the end of each day I let everything that went on that day go. Yesterday is gone. Today is a new day. Don't live in yesterday's.

Get into the new threads if you care to post. Share your ideas because you have a great mind. And don't let people drag you down to their level....Find joy in who God created you to be. And I mean that, Sean. Cause you DO bring joy to my life and to many others here on the Board....ok? Now just try to get over it.

thanks reborn, guess you and i have a lot of character?

NJZag
06-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Did anyone else notice that the USF donscentral board was blaming GU for their forum crash the other day (my post was deleted)

Our day-to-day technical expertise comes from the Spokesman-Review newspaper, which is not about to assign an employee to crash a Dons forum.

LIZF also put in hundreds of hours as a volunteer to work on ongoing technical improvements to make this forum a good place for its more than 1,600 registered members. No mod with that computer background and a responsible position with a university would jeopardize his livelihood as a computer professional by committing cyber-crimes on a conference rival's fan board.

No mods on a GU board that has numerous lawyers registered on it and associated with it would dream of committing acts of theft or destruction on "cyber-property" they neither own nor over which they have any lawfully given powers of control. That kind of activity carries both fines and jail time under Title 18 of the U.S. Code.

Maybe the kool-aid vendor has relocated from Spokane to the Bay area.

brasszag
06-04-2007, 08:29 PM
I just thought it was amusing that was the first reaction down there when all their posts went away. Their paranoia amuses me when times are slow at work.

I'm still curious about this "treehouse" that they make mention of though.

ZagNative
06-04-2007, 09:25 PM

BDS, when you get rich and famous, will you pm me your real name, so I can brag to my friends, "I knew Bulldogshawn when he he was a poster on the GU Board, and if it weren't for "disrespect," he wouldn't get no "respect" at all, and look at him now!"

Apologies to the original poster for contributing to Lothar's "hijacking" of your thread, but when I saw his post and busted out laughing, it really hit me that we've said about all there is to say on the subject - at least all there is to say that won't risk deletion.

And Brasszag, apparently, you are the last to know about the secret lives of the rich and famous. How's that feel?

Zag79
06-04-2007, 11:50 PM
i think its really amazing that so many people made up of that "zag material" are having it out like this. the accusations coming from people, the rumors, hell even the taking of sides on this when you dont know either person is all too much. the season cant start soon enough.

brasszag
06-05-2007, 05:39 AM
And Brasszag, apparently, you are the last to know about the secret lives of the rich and famous. How's that feel?

It makes me a sad monkey. Time to go drown my pain in boozes.

lothar98zag
06-05-2007, 08:18 AM
God! I forgot how to laugh for a while there, Lothar! Thanks for reminding me how good it feels to burst out in an unexpected guffaw.

well, I'm glad my pain brought joy to someone...

ZagNut08
06-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I feel your pain lothar, just tore a muscle in my lower back

former1dog
06-05-2007, 10:36 AM
I've got an enlarged cerebrum. Makes my head hurt sometimes.

GU69
06-05-2007, 12:42 PM
mmmmmmm

Actually, I am feeling like there have been enough problems. I was hoping for more positive things than backaches and headaches.

I'm leaving for Ireland for a vacation.

lothar98zag
06-05-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm leaving for Ireland for a vacation.
That is most definitely not a problem!

ZagNative
06-05-2007, 12:47 PM
I've got an enlarged cerebrum. Makes my head hurt sometimes.

I'd get that lanced if I were you.

:explode: