PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Pangos mixtape Vol. 1

BobZag
01-13-2011, 09:05 AM
http://www.flagrantfouls.com/2011/01/video-the-official-kevin-pangos-mixtape-vol-1/

Enjoy!

mdZag23
01-13-2011, 09:23 AM
reminds me alot of DD!

OZZY
01-13-2011, 07:23 PM
A poster on the HooptownGTA (Toronto Area High school basketball board) had the following thing to say about Kevin after watching him as the tournament mentioned.

"Speaking of Pangos, after playing every second of the game against Jarvis, he left with a weight skipped rope and weighted ball. He came back to the stands about 40 minutes later - that is dedication! He then took time to speak to some young "fans". He is a phenomenal athlete with great character. As far as I am concerned, he deserves all of the accolades he receives".

http://hooptowngtaforums.forumotion.com/t7507p120-st-michael-s-college-51st-annual-tournament

Not a bad recommendation.

bigparb
01-13-2011, 07:42 PM
The background score troubled my sensitive ears, but Pangos has game against competition that is a far cry from Rainier Beach and Garfield. My jury is still out.

perhaps....but it seems that Pangos has been "all-tournament" in every international tournament he's played in for Canada......maybe one of boards info guru's like ZN can confirm this........my point is that his talent level has translated on the international scene which is probably every bit as good, overall, as the likes of RB, Garfield, ect.....

ZagMan in Philly
01-13-2011, 07:54 PM
he is pretty smooth in the video, a young pistol pete.
i can't wait to see him as a Zag.

OZZY
01-13-2011, 08:32 PM
The background score troubled my sensitive ears, but Pangos has game against competition that is a far cry from Rainier Beach and Garfield. My jury is still out.

Because you missed his play against the Global Challenge American teams which has been linked to on ths board at least 10 times.

hockeyzag
01-13-2011, 08:48 PM

Pangos played in the Nike Global classic, against some of the best players in the world, and excelled. Go look up the box scores from that tournament, that should be enough to convince you.

007Zag
01-14-2011, 08:31 AM
I love the way he can finish with either his right or left hand, shoot from a set or on the move when he creates his own shot. Of active D1 players, I'd have to say his game most reminds me of Jimmer Fredette (who I'm glad will be gone by the time BYU joins our league), but I haven't seen either enough to really make a strong comparison.

If his defense is as good as his offense, look out. This kid's gonna be an all-time great.

Baldwinzag
01-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Reminds me of a slightly shorter version of Steve Blake -- their games are identical, imo.

For comparison sake: steve blake highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdAQT0TQOpU)

While at Maryland, Blake averaged 11.6 ppg, 7.9 apg, 3.7 rebs, & 41% from 3pt land.

NEC26
01-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Reminds me of a slightly shorter version of Steve Blake -- their games are identical, imo.

For comparison sake: steve blake highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdAQT0TQOpU)

While at Maryland, Blake averaged 11.6 ppg, 7.9 apg, 3.7 rebs, & 41% from 3pt land.

Except Blake was not a good shooter at all. Pretty good point guard but couldn't shoot worth a lick.

Baldwinzag
01-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Except Blake was not a good shooter at all. Pretty good point guard but couldn't shoot worth a lick.

He may not have been considered a "great" shooter in college, yet Blake was certainly good enough to be an early 2nd round pick, an 8-year NBA Vet(and counting), & currently receives 20 mins per game playing PG for the LA Lakers.

FWIW, he's a career 40% 3pt shooter in the NBA -- might not be All-Star caliber, yet wouldn't say he 'can't shoot a lick'.

I see a ton of similiarities b/w Blake & Pangos, which should be considered a compliment in every sense of the term.

gu03alum
01-14-2011, 04:15 PM
These videos get me so excited for the future.

NEC26
01-14-2011, 04:40 PM
He may not have been considered a "great" shooter in college, yet Blake was certainly good enough to be an early 2nd round pick, an 8-year NBA Vet(and counting), & currently receives 20 mins per game playing PG for the LA Lakers.

FWIW, he's a career 40% 3pt shooter in the NBA -- might not be All-Star caliber, yet wouldn't say he 'can't shoot a lick'.

I see a ton of similiarities b/w Blake & Pangos, which should be considered a compliment in every sense of the term.

In college he was a very poor shooter and did not take a lot of shots outside of layups. He was however an excellent distributer and made the offense at Maryland run very well. I haven't followed him since college but I'm sure he has improved his shot since then but its certainly not why he got his chance to play their. He has great size, is a good defender and has excellent court vision. I guess I just don't see the comparison to Blake as Kevin looks to be a very good shooter to go along with good court vision(not saying he will be a better player here). The comparison just doesn't hold up for me.

75Zag
01-14-2011, 05:57 PM
I have no idea who or what Pangos is, but if Bol Kong was the 2nd Coming, it seems that Pangos is the 3rd Coming.

Speaking of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Comings, did anyone else notice the article about the woman who created a version of the Last Supper with lint from her dryer? I believe Bol Kong is 2nd from the left, whereas Pangos is closer to the center. I assume that means he will be better?

http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog/archives/235774.asp?from=blog_last3

Go THIS YEAR'S Bulldogs!

CanadianZagFan
01-16-2011, 06:17 AM
New comments from this weekend

Kevin Pangos, Dr.Denison (6-1, PG, 2011)

What could he do in an encore from last weekend’s 48-point MVP performance? Up against another opponent with strong defensive guards (Oakwood), Kevin pushed the ball with great speed, finding ways to elude the constant double-teaming he was drawn into, and finished with a tournament-high 39 points (according to the stats I took). He also dropped 21 three-pointers in the one minute 3-point Challenge at halftime, giving him a second straight award, while setting a tournament-record 43 over two rounds.

kitzbuel
01-16-2011, 06:45 AM
I have no idea who or what Pangos is, but if Bol Kong was the 2nd Coming, it seems that Pangos is the 3rd Coming.

Speaking of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Comings, did anyone else notice the article about the woman who created a version of the Last Supper with lint from her dryer? I believe Bol Kong is 2nd from the left, whereas Pangos is closer to the center. I assume that means he will be better?

http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog/archives/235774.asp?from=blog_last3

Go THIS YEAR'S Bulldogs!
Eww, I'm not sure I want to know where she got the brown lint.

Nevtelen
01-16-2011, 08:36 AM
New comments from this weekend

Kevin Pangos, Dr.Denison (6-1, PG, 2011)

He also dropped 21 three-pointers in the one minute 3-point Challenge at halftime, giving him a second straight award, while setting a tournament-record 43 over two rounds.

Holy CRAP! I'm not sure a lot of guys could hit the rim 21 times in a minute on 3s. That's making one in less than every 3 seconds.