PDA

View Full Version : How long will it take Mark Emmert to bring down Gonzaga?

BobZag
01-12-2011, 10:42 AM
The former UW president will want to bring down the basketball program that has embarrassed his school's program, and proved that Romar and his buddy Dollar were exposed for cheating on the recruiting trail. As new prez of the NCAA, he's now in a position to do so.

How long for the elitist to hammer the Zags and exact revenge?

ZagNative
01-12-2011, 10:52 AM
What do you have in mind, BZ?

kyle dixon
01-12-2011, 10:53 AM
BZ those are some pretty harsh words. I would like to think never and that fairness is a key virtue here. All programs are equal, right? Anway, Beat Pepperdine!

MDABE80
01-12-2011, 10:57 AM
It would be a nice way to lose his cush job.
Emmert is a pretty self centered guy. I don't know if he has any further loyalty to UW and the lowly BBall program. Emmert's got what he wanted....a new job. He'd be tarnished if he went after GU.

On the other hand, he might try to clean up UW's image quietly. If they win 30 and get to the FF, it might be easier.

One thing though, BZ usually knows this stuff prior to posting. He's one smart BZ!!;) Say it ain't so!!

HillBillyZag
01-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Say , it " ain't so , Joe " ?

ZagsObserver
01-12-2011, 11:08 AM
uh-oh, not with the recruits we have tabbed for next year...

FlyZag
01-12-2011, 11:09 AM
The former UW president will want to bring down the basketball program that has embarrassed his school's program, and proved that Romar and his buddy Dollar were exposed for cheating on the recruiting trail. As new prez of the NCAA, he's now in a position to do so.

If the Zags have not committed any NCAA violations then they have nothing to worry about. What could he possibly do? If Few runs a clean program like we all believe he does.. then no sweat on my brow. The only thing I can think of that would affect GU would be player eligibility rulings or NCAA investigation of rule infractions. He (the Prez) will have nothing to do with the seeding or selection for the tournament as we know the committee does that.

gamagin
01-12-2011, 11:37 AM
The former UW president will want to bring down the basketball program that has embarrassed his school's program, and proved that Romar and his buddy Dollar were exposed for cheating on the recruiting trail. As new prez of the NCAA, he's now in a position to do so. How long for the elitist to hammer the Zags and exact revenge?

you don't like this guy.

tobizag
01-12-2011, 12:10 PM
If the Zags have not committed any NCAA violations then they have nothing to worry about. What could he possibly do? If Few runs a clean program like we all believe he does.. then no sweat on my brow.

i hope gonzaga never gets busted for ncaa violations. that being said, wouldn't surprise me in the least. as espn reported last year, everyone commits some kind of infraction every year, however minor. when you combine the sheer number of rules and potential violations with 18-22 yr old kids and the types/number of people who get access to those athletes along the way, nothing is 100% clean.

Mantua
01-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the alert. Now we can all birddog him.

dawgfather11
01-12-2011, 12:23 PM

did someone hack bobzags account? this is a rather silly post...

VinnyZag
01-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Zagsker
01-12-2011, 12:46 PM

.........how do you know Emmert isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Build a model airplane" he say's; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I've seen it a hundred times.

If anything, we should atleast be prepared to wear these: http://www.chrisshipton.com/uploaded_images/tinfoilhat-755294.jpg

BobZag
01-12-2011, 01:55 PM
I don't trust him or any other former or current UW administrator.
I don't like him as prez of the NCAA.
My view of human nature is that this guy will try to bring down GU.

I am not the only one who feels this way.

titopoet
01-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Yup, BZ, but just two words, Cam Newton. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/11/AR2011011103806_2.html) and again Cam Newton (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5876716). Emmett maybe too busy to get a personal vendetta.

Angelo Roncalli
01-12-2011, 02:08 PM
I don't trust him or any other former or current UW administrator.

Except Eddie Taylor.

cbbfanatic
01-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Get over yourself.

You can't honestly think a guy of his stature, in his post, is going to go off on some personal vendetta (pretty vain to even suggest this vendetta exists, btw) against a school that in the big picture of his current world, isn't overly significant

Zagdawg
01-12-2011, 08:47 PM
I would say he has enough damage control going on with the dub at this time.

Anyone know how tall the UW little point guard is?

hockeyzag
01-12-2011, 09:43 PM
http://www.oldpunks.com/1paranoid-guy.gif

scott257
01-13-2011, 05:11 AM
I don't think he is paranoid at all. I think the only thing that keeps this guy from seeking revenge on Gonzaga is that it doesn't do him anygood. While I think he would love to nail Gonzaga, he loves making himself look better even more and this wouldn't be an opportunity to advance his ego.

75Zag
01-13-2011, 07:48 AM
When I first read this I was reminded of the press releases (now Tweets) that D List Celebrities issue in the hope of returning themselves to the front page of "E" Magazine. I care less about Emmert than I do Kim Kardashian or John & Kate.

Although universally loved and hyped on this board, in reality the GU athletic program is, at best, a tiny pimple on the azz of the gigantic NCAA money-making machine. To suggest that anybody at the NCAA, especially the CEO of the NCAA, is spending his time thinking about devious ways to harm GU seems bizarre at best.

On the other hand, we all know that frequently the best defense is a good offense. I sure hope that Bob has no reliable information that the NCAA is coming after GU for rule violations of some sort, and that Bob's post is not his effort at aiming an "offensive attack" against the NCAA. Now that would be bad news.

Go Bulldogs!

Zagsker
01-13-2011, 07:57 AM
When I first read this I was reminded of the press releases (now Tweets) that D List Celebrities issue in the hope of returning themselves to the front page of "E" Magazine. I care less about Emmert than I do Kim Kardashian or John & Kate.

Although universally loved and hyped on this board, in reality the GU athletic program is, at best, a tiny pimple on the azz of the gigantic NCAA money-making machine. To suggest that anybody at the NCAA, especially the CEO of the NCAA, is spending his time thinking about devious ways to harm GU seems bizarre at best.

On the other hand, we all know that frequently the best defense is a good offense. I sure hope that Bob has no reliable information that the NCAA is coming after GU for rule violations of some sort, and that Bob's post is not his effort at aiming an "offensive attack" against the NCAA. Now that would be bad news.

Go Bulldogs!

bingo

Birddog
01-13-2011, 08:18 AM
He has bigger and more fish to fry.

gamagin
01-13-2011, 08:24 AM
I would say he has enough damage control going on with the dub at this time.

Anyone know how tall the UW little point guard is?

but I believe I've seen it written down recently . . . . somewhere . . . let me think . . .

ZagLawGrad
01-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Doomed again......

229SintoZag
01-13-2011, 08:59 AM

This is a disturbing post coming from you BZ.

On many levels.

For one, I cannot fathom that you just randomly posted this. There must be more afoot here.

Second, I am a UW law alum. I have met Emmert. When I did, I found him to be a total class act. The specter of him having it out for Gonzaga out of revenge is inconsistent with the Mark Emmert I met. Of course, it could be that he was a nice guy because he was trying to get me to give money, so perhaps I read the guy wrong.

Romar's program seems to be doing just fine notwithstanding the Heytvelt incident. It is not like Gonzaga destroyed UW basketball or gave it a death sentence.

I just don't see Emmert doing this. He's a football guy and his focus will be on bigger things than basketball. And it will almost certainly be on bigger things than the UW-Gonzaga tiff.

Birddog
01-13-2011, 09:54 AM
He's a football guy and his focus will be on bigger things than basketball. And it will almost certainly be on bigger things than the UW-Gonzaga tiff
Like the "Scam Newton" affair, Auburn's vacating the Nat'l Title and subsequent inheritance of same by TCU. Sorry toilet seat fans, you had your chance.

tucsonzag
01-13-2011, 09:57 AM
What disturbs me here is the ambiguity. BobZag, can you please answer the following question (posted above)?

Is this post just sheer speculation or have you actually heard something that should really concern GU fans? All you’ve said is that you’re not the only one who feels this way – is that all there is to this story?

75Zag
01-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Oh Oh! Now I remember- that after a few beers at the Fiesta Bowl the other night, I might have mentioned to Cam Newton's father that if he could get GU to pay me a million bucks I would be willing to re-enroll at GU and pursue a degree in Sports Management while using my remaining 4 years of eligibility to play starting point guard for the Bulldogs. I wonder if the NCAA may have gotten information on my offer and what I can only assume will be GU's affirmative reply to my proposal. I feel badly if I have caused all this.

Go Bulldogs!

UberZagFan
01-13-2011, 01:17 PM
It must have been a slow day for thread topics.

BobZag
01-13-2011, 02:19 PM
What disturbs me here is the ambiguity. BobZag, can you please answer the following question (posted above)?

Is this post just sheer speculation or have you actually heard something that should really concern GU fans? All you’ve said is that you’re not the only one who feels this way – is that all there is to this story?

That's right and I've slready stated my reasons. I stick to them. Don't care who has met him, who attended there, who kissed his arse or who polished his shoes, I simply do not trust the former UW prez. That is all. Thank you.

Zagsker
01-13-2011, 10:53 PM
That's right and I've slready stated my reasons. I stick to them. Don't care who has met him, who attended there, who kissed his arse or who polished his shoes, I simply do not trust the former UW prez. That is all. Thank you.

well...I don't trust my neighbor two houses down the street...but I don't think he is going to call the cops and tell them I am running a sweat shop using out of work oompa loompa's

cbbfanatic
01-14-2011, 06:28 AM

you dont personally trust the guy, and that is thread-worthy?

BobZag
01-14-2011, 09:11 AM
you dont personally trust the guy, and that is thread-worthy?

I am not the only one. I speak on behalf of many not on this board.