PDA

View Full Version : Kennel Club Lazy

proudzagparent
01-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Long, long time season ticket holder here. Have not posted on this Board in several years -- though I still read it every day. Hondo, Roncalli, CDC84, and of course BobZag are my lifeline for sanity when it comes to GU hoops. Unlike the old days on this Board, the rest (with occassional exception) is just so much noise.

Anyhow, now posting because the Utah State videos, elsewhere posted on this Board, really got my blood pumping. "That is supposed to be the GU Kennel Club!" I cried to my monitor.

I do hope the current KC leadership (oxymoron) reads this Board, and is not just out studying for graduate school exams leading to hopeful big bucks careers. Or texting during games. (DON'T miss this opportunity -- it comes only once, to make your mark, and a lifetime of memories).

Kennel Club now is a bunch of lazy, unimaginative, unorganized embarassers thinking that jumping around and wearing dumb hats and hoping to get a personal flash on the Heister/Ehlo broadcast is a goal to be achieved above any else. None of them were around when things were truly frenzied. Frauds as compared to the day (not too long ago, but again, the real ones have long since graduated.)

So too just as lazy, though, are we, the season ticket holders.

We have all gotten drab and boring. Success does this. Human nature I guess. So thanks to whoever posted the Utah State stuff. They have what we had six-ten years ago...

Should shake us into remembering that our GU program is continually shocking the nation on ESPN, etc.. AND SO SHOULD WE, FOR OUR PART, AS GONZAGA UNIVERSITY FANS. This is special. We, as fans, should be equally special.

Old Kennel, Season Ticket Holders: On our feet entire games. We actually challenged the Kennel Club to be imaginative and crazy. I remember one key game where we the ones who chanted to the Kennel Club, during a time out, "On Your Feet." Current Season Ticket Holders: On our hands until flashy Stephen Gray video and video board exhorts us to get on our feet and MAKE NOISE, which we meakly do. Absolutely embarassing.

No need (nor method) in Old Kennel for us to be "exhorted" to MAKE NOISE. It just happened naturally, and it was deafening -- from students as well as opposite side, equally. Ask Santangelo, Dickhau, Nielsen, even Morrison, etc. about that. But embarassing showing last few years from we season ticket holders' perspective, and getting worse. (Much of that due to monied bandwagoneers.)

Old Kennel: Kennel Club: Jumping and yelling (just like now) but imaginative and coordinated cheers that would make Utah State envious. Not just "You Can't Do That," "That Ref Sucks," "Airball," "Up By Twenty" stuff (the latter of which only comes, if at all, typically, from the KC when the Zags are up by 22). Pre-game research of key opposing players and creative, tailored, organized chants as to them. What was the hilarious KC chant at the Kennel against the Pepperdine kid whose Dad had assaulted someone in the Pepperdine library a few days before the game? Remind me, one of you old timers, please... EVERY GAME, there were two or three chants tailored to the opponents' personnel or coach. After a few seconds to make out what tee KC was chanting, on our side, there was laughter and then loud joinder from us. "NBA REJECT" rained on Paul Westphal the entire game at the Kennel when he was coaching Pepperdine. The KC "ZAGS" spell-out on the floor inspired more noise than any manufactured Chevron-sponsored animated video-screen car race...

Lest you think I am mean-spirited by my fond remembrance of the "poor" Pepperdine kid with the misguided father, I love the "I Believe, We Will Win," and the "Closing Score" chant from Utah State.

This showing up of the Kennel Club by the likes of Utah State is an utter embarassment...

There are two days left before the next home game, you lazy, fat, spoiled GU kids (my son is one of them, a senior). I better hear, "I Believe, We Will Win," complete with the hand gestures and all, befitting ESPN highlights, this Thursday, or there will be hell to pay.

What you are witnessing is special. And you MUST be up to the task and equally special, as student fans.

I will do my part in getting we lazy Season Ticket Holders involved. It may take a few games for we geezers to catch on, but can you imagine 6,000 crazies in the McCarthey Center cheering, "I Believe, We Will Win!!!"?

Get it together, dumbasses. This Thursday. And Saturday. And beyond.

Mantua
01-12-2011, 10:19 AM
I think that this board is a place to get a sense of the fan community, not to say that most aren't grateful for wonderful moderators.

Does the NCAA have any rules against bribing the Kennel Club?

cjm720
01-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Like it or not, a drunk KC is a good KC...always has been. Not sure what happened a few years back, but I recall emphasis from the University to clean up the perception of the KC.

I assume students still tie one on, but perphaps it's less so than in the past. Anyone know?

Go Zags!!!

Zag4Hire
01-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Spokesman Review, 1987; Response to Blanchette's 'Kennel Club Takes Rare Breed'

I feel these students should learn more discipline. They may pay to get into the games, but they do not have the right to shout rude and cruel things to anyone. Sure, it might be fun and amusing to them, but there are others who are being totally embarrassed. I feel this article (Jan. 31) was an eye opener and I commend Mr. Blanchette.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=nEQjAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ce8DAAAAIBAJ&pg=958,8187065&dq=gonzaga+kennel+club&hl=en

proudzagparent
01-12-2011, 10:34 AM
C''mon. Imbibement no excuse. We are talking about UTAH STATE (read LDS) embarassing the KC -- not WSU or Chico State.

Martin Centre Mad Man
01-12-2011, 10:41 AM
I have never been to a game in the new arena and can only evaluate what I see on t.v. However, I agree that the student section has looked very ordinary for the past couple of years. There is a pretty good home court advantage for the Zags, but a pretty good home court advantage is nothing like the home court advantage used to be. At one time, the inside of the Martin Centre felt like an overwhelming force of nature. The new MAC seemed to have that same feel when it opened. I haven't see that same intensity for the past year or so.

Pick it up. Bring such a rain of palpable hostility that opposing teams and coaches want to crawl under a rock and hide. If you haven't lost your voice by the end of the game, you need to give your tickets to somebody else who wants them more than you do.

Martin Centre Mad Man
01-12-2011, 10:45 AM
C''mon. Imbibement no excuse. We are talking about UTAH STATE (read LDS) embarassing the KC -- not WSU or Chico State.

You don't need to be drunk. You need to be loud. You need to be willing to ignore the chuckles and funny looks from people around you if you are way louder than they are.

bullzag23
01-12-2011, 10:52 AM
You don't need to be drunk. You need to be loud. You need to be willing to ignore the chuckles and funny looks from people around you if you are way louder than they are.

The chuckles and funny looks should be DIRECTED to those who aren't being loud, like it was a few years back. I was lucky enough to see the last 2 years of the Martin Centre and the first 2 years of the MAC. It's unfortunate that none of the students now have any idea what games in the Martin Centre were like.

-GU Alum '06

Johnzaga
01-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Thank you Proudzagparent! I have felt the same thing. And thank you for pointing out that the height of the kennel club was 6 to 10 years ago (My Time at GU)! These kids have it easy and don't know what it means to cheer. In the past 4 seasons I have been in awe of how quiet K2 can get. The old Kennel was never ever even close to quiet! And the MAC was built to be loud! If you can hear the person next to you without screaming then the kids have lost it!

I am certainly dissappointed in the current student fans. They need to understand that when the team is down, that's when they need to cheer the loudest! And that goes double for us! We, the fans, know better and need to push them as well. Where are the "Cheers?" I recall many more cheers led by the "Cheerleaders". Where are the GO GONZAGA chants? Where is the passion?

GO ZAGS!!!

hooter73
01-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Bumping a thread subject that Ive posted about before.

Is there anyone on here that represents the current KC? What do they have to say or how does this get to the current students?

GoZags
01-12-2011, 12:02 PM
The Pepperdine chant from the Kennel Club was "Beat your Teammate" as Glen McGowan shot free throws (or touched the ball). I believe the kid's dad was there, but the actual, physical beatdown was teammate on teammate.

Down the road, I actually began to like McGowan, who seemed to have learned from his transgression and became quite a good player in our league. In addition -- he later had some very significant health issues that he overcame.

But the chant was "Beat your Teammate"

ZagNut08
01-12-2011, 12:13 PM
6 years ago people were complaining about the KC and saying how great it was 6-10 years before that. Sometimes it seems that people pick out the one or two great games a year and as time goes on, they think the whole season was like that.

I vividly remember the UW game in 04/05 as being absolutely crazy, but I don't remember the lmu game, was it good, I don't know, but I know the UW game was nuts...so therefor, the kennel club was great then...remember all the "ear job jensen chants!?" we used to get in the players heads, etc etc.

Believe me, I wish the club was more proactive/organized and put effort into things like this...but they dont.

In 07/08 (maybe the year before) the school took over the KC (in wake of the kickert chant - which is a whole other debate about the KC being PC / to make money off it) and they cracked down on the "social fee" which used to go to pre/post game keggers for all. Now they have a bar tab at the bar after for those of age. It elminates a lot of the congregating/getting drunk/coming up with last minute chants. Also, in the "good old days" I heard you could walk in 10 minutes before the game and have a front row seat. Now, people are camped for days for big games...which is an exhausting process, leaving them perhaps too little energy once in the game to go nuts.

GoZAGsMang
01-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Agree with most.... but not copying the chant of our competition

We dont impersonate

We innovate

GoZAGsMang

zagfan07
01-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Oh, thank God! I was beginning to worry. It had been a whole 2 weeks since one of these threads was started...

:vomit-smiley-007:

gamagin
01-12-2011, 12:46 PM
6 years ago people were complaining about the KC and saying how great it was 6-10 years before that. Sometimes it seems that people pick out the one or two great games a year and as time goes on, they think the whole season was like that.

I vividly remember the UW game in 04/05 as being absolutely crazy, but I don't remember the lmu game, was it good, I don't know, but I know the UW game was nuts...so therefor, the kennel club was great then...remember all the "ear job jensen chants!?" we used to get in the players heads, etc etc.

Believe me, I wish the club was more proactive/organized and put effort into things like this...but they dont.

In 07/08 (maybe the year before) the school took over the KC (in wake of the kickert chant - which is a whole other debate about the KC being PC / to make money off it) and they cracked down on the "social fee" which used to go to pre/post game keggers for all. Now they have a bar tab at the bar after for those of age. It elminates a lot of the congregating/getting drunk/coming up with last minute chants. Also, in the "good old days" I heard you could walk in 10 minutes before the game and have a front row seat. Now, people are camped for days for big games...which is an exhausting process, leaving them perhaps too little energy once in the game to go nuts.

I've noticed the level of enthusiasm pretty well matches the excitement and flow and pretty well aligns with the importance of the game. So does the KC.

In all instances, the KC outshines the crowd when it is there.

I nominate the thread starter to stand up and scream the whole game vs. Pepperdine. Show those kids and season ticket holders what fer.

No matter what's going on in the game. No matter what the score is. Just keep screaming. Because that's the way it was done back in the day. Go for it. Every game from now on. See what happens.

I predict the KC and the crowd will rise and sit, cheer and jeer, pretty much in line with what is actually going on in the game. To me it's a sign we are all in the game, watching and living & dying with the action & the game as it unfolds, reacting like fans with every action or inaction or bad call we observe.

That's the way I've seen it over the years, even going back to the "good old days" when the games were played on Boone Ave., where the Russel (sp?) Theatre is now located.

Zagsker
01-12-2011, 12:50 PM
I predict the KC and the crowd will rise and sit, cheer and jeer, pretty much in line with what is actually going on in the game. To me it's a sign we are all in the game, watching and living & dying with the action & the game as it unfolds, reacting like fans with every action or inaction or bad call we observe.

That's the way I've seen it over the years, even going back to the "good old days" when the games were played on Boone Ave., where the Russel (sp?) Theatre is now located.

just from the games I see on TV....there are some student sections that just don't let up..regardless of the score...that should be the point of the student section, to have the opposition leaving the game thinking/saying "Christ, we were down by 25 and they were still talkin' bout my momma"

Zag4Hire
01-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Wasn't the UW game from a few years back absolutely out of control? Also I definitely remember some pre-game and during the game razzing of SMC players, specifically Samhan and O'Leary. There was also a thread about the razzing of Casto, debating whether razzing was out of bounds. I say give them a few WCC games first and see how the KC performs.

Trivia Question: Can anybody remember the phrase yelled at Robbie Cowgill during the 2006 game @ GU? It was VERY distinct on the FSN broadcast right after a play at the GU baseline. We must have rewinded and played that several times over and the room couldn't get enough.

Zagpower
01-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Doesn't mean you have to.

Install an arena-wide ban on texting during a game. Catch someone texting, put them on the big screen and let us boo them until they stop.:D

I can always see 100+ people texting during the game at any one time from my seat and I face the student section. I bet it's just as bad on the oldster's side.

Put those things down, there's a game going on!!!!

This message was brought to you by an old fart that loves his electronics but isn't a slave to them.

ZagNut08
01-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Another thing about watching other schools on ESPN, is that those games shown on national TV are typically Top 25 matchups, big rivalries, etc etc. Thus, the crowds will be sellouts and the intensity will be ratcheted up.

I have never watched a full Michigan St. season to know if their "izzone" or whatever goes nuts for all the small games. But, if all we had on TV was Gonzaga vs UW/WSU/Wake, etc and those are the only games you saw, you may think the Kennel Club was the bar setter for college fans.

U Zig, I Zag
01-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Agree with most.... but not copying the chant of our competition

We dont impersonate

We innovate

GoZAGsMang

Hence the 4pt basket we are implementing next year in the Kennel!

U Zig, I Zag
01-12-2011, 01:18 PM

Install an arena-wide ban on texting during a game. Catch someone texting, put them on the big screen and let us boo them until they stop.:D

I can always see 100+ people texting during the game at any one time from my seat and I face the student section. I bet it's just as bad on the oldster's side.

This message was brought to you by an old fart that loves his electronics but isn't a slave to them.

That's an awesome idea, actually. A little shame goes a long way (ask my mother).

LynetteG
01-12-2011, 01:21 PM

You must be thinking BYU, which is majority LDS. USU is definitely not.

This doesn't happen at an LDS school:
"Along with Aggie Ice Cream, well-known traditions include the rite of passage of becoming a True Aggie, which requires a student to kiss someone who is already a True Aggie on top of the Block "A." Two students may also become True Aggies together on Homecoming night or on A-Day. At one point recently, USU held the title in the Guinness Book of World Records for the most couples kissing at the same place at the same time".

Angelo Roncalli
01-12-2011, 01:25 PM

That would mean doing away with the Arby's trivia texting contest. :(

I think a better option would be to text the KC cheers to the members on their cellphones. Maybe via Facebook updates?

JohnOGU
01-12-2011, 01:32 PM
The Kennel Club is a little too soft for me...I thought that even when i was there not too long ago.

They try to censor too much.

ZagnetitForce
01-12-2011, 02:02 PM
What has bugged me is not the KC - they have actually been pretty darn great if you ask me. No, it's not the same as it was 10 years ago but there has been an entire image change...good or bad.

As a season ticket holder and long time fan (used to go to the games by flashing my Costco card so I could sit/stand with the students, as the Costco card kind of looked like a student ID) I still don't get why the "crowd" doesn't get into it a bit more at times and when they do it is short-lived or mis-timed.

Example was at Portland game. Zags were getting beat as you all know in that second half. The crowd finally starting getting loud but it was during a Time Out...um that is great but then keep it up...they/we didn't. And when they did get loud during play it was when the Zags had the ball...OK we are encouraging them and cheering but when it is really needed is when Zags are on D! Get them pumped to defend. Don't let the opponent hear the play being called or the screens coming, etc!

Get loud, and at the right times...and then keep it going for more than a one possesion stretch. Much like like the before mentioned UW game from a few years back. As others have stated that was awesome crowd involvement.

gu03alum
01-12-2011, 02:51 PM
In my day....

I really dislike these threads. As it's already been stated, there are more restrictions on the Kennel Club then there was back in the day. Blame a previous generation for that with that unforgettable chant that made national headlines a few years ago. These kids are still hardcore and in no way lazy. They camp out for seats for days. How long did you camp out for your season ticket?

RenoZag
01-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Hark ! It's the annual "Bash the KC" thread. . .must be time for WCC play.

Birddog
01-12-2011, 03:29 PM
You must be thinking BYU, which is majority LDS. USU is definitely not.
Utah St student body is thought to be approx 64% LDS.
The state as a whole is 58% LDS. One could assume that USU student body reflects that number at a minimum.

kclubfounder
01-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Years of success breeds complacency. It is much easier to go crazy for an upstart program or a spectacular year. Check out Seahawk playoff crowds this year versus crowds in Indy, or New England, or Pittsburgh. If Seattle had a decade of success, and an 11-5 record, then the crowd would have been different on Saturday.

That being said, the crowd (particularly the KC) is a part of the Gonzaga identity. It is incumbent on current students to keep the tradition going. We should aspire to be as well known and respected as the Cameron Crazies. If DUKE can keep it going, we certainly should be able to.

Perhaps the KC is as strong as ever. I don't know because I don't go to the games. But it wouldn't surprise me if it has died down - particularly if pre-game parties aren't as much a part of the games as they used to be. Although it isn't absolutely necessary to be drunk, it is one of the only times in life where it certainly helps.

Pargo the Destroyer
01-12-2011, 05:11 PM
All I will add is that I will take a sober and less fired up KC over whats been there the last few weeks. I was in the building twice in that time frame and it was barely enthusiastic. When you can hear the sneakers squeaking then the crowd most likely sleepin. (sorry for that) :)

Once and Future Zag
01-12-2011, 06:17 PM
This can only end well.

kitzbuel
01-12-2011, 06:19 PM

I think a better option would be to text the KC cheers to the members on their cellphones. Maybe via Facebook updates?

Wow, flash chants. That would be something new.

While I was at the Lafayette game, my sister and Dad were sitting on the other side of the arena so I was texting her with info on the players as they came in and out, had her point out to my dad where John Stockton was sitting; all the stuff I would talk to them about if they were sitting next to me.

All the sudden the lady next to me elbowed me and told me to look up, my daughter (in the seat right next to me) was on the big screen dancing and cheering :o . Talk about sheepish.

IrishZag
01-12-2011, 06:51 PM

The Sports Guy, Bill Simmons started a twitter feed Called Celtic chants to help coordinate cheers at a pro basketball game. I imagine the KC could at least implement that to get the personal jeers started.

Going with the whole technology thing, could you get one half of the Kennel Club to call the other half on their cell phones during an Away free throw. Can you imagine 700 ringtones going off at the same time amidst dead silence. Pretty hilarious.

I'd encourage leadership to get creative and build something unique and try to leave a mark for years to come. And if you're too lazy to do that and don't want to look like your stealing from Utah State or some other college. Borrow some inspiration from European Soccer. Those guys are coordinated nuts and full of fun ideas.

Poland Example - Demonstrated at 12 year old soccer game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwVi8dSQWk

English Chants
http://fanchants.com/

MedZag
01-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Years of success breeds complacency. It is much easier to go crazy for an upstart program or a spectacular year. Check out Seahawk playoff crowds this year versus crowds in Indy, or New England, or Pittsburgh. If Seattle had a decade of success, and an 11-5 record, then the crowd would have been different on Saturday.

That being said, the crowd (particularly the KC) is a part of the Gonzaga identity. It is incumbent on current students to keep the tradition going. We should aspire to be as well known and respected as the Cameron Crazies. If DUKE can keep it going, we certainly should be able to.

Perhaps the KC is as strong as ever. I don't know because I don't go to the games. But it wouldn't surprise me if it has died down - particularly if pre-game parties aren't as much a part of the games as they used to be. Although it isn't absolutely necessary to be drunk, it is one of the only times in life where it certainly helps.

Completely agree. Unfortunately, the takeover and "legitimizing" of the KC by the University was the beginning of the end for the truly rowdy days (and no, I dont think the KC pre-parties and post-parties were only about 'getting drunk'. I think a great deal of camaraderie was built and 'indoctrination' occurred amongst KC members at those events which helped with tradition). That combined with a new bigger arena, more stringent ticket distribution and security, and years and years of success, I'm not surprised by what I have observed (albeit, only on TV) lately. I watched the transition over my 4 years at GU, and it was definitely a different beast when I graduated vs. when I was a freshman.

Zagdawg
01-12-2011, 07:47 PM
On of my alltime favorite chants ....."Beers on Jensen"---

Speaking of the little incident involving UW player Mike Jensen and the heist of some beer from a local not-so-convenient store.

Also the recent "Spokane hates you" chant for Omar Samhan in Vegas that resulted in him letting us know we are number 1 in his book.

I believe the introduction of the "Omar Sumo suit" was what Omar loved the most about Spokane.

Some schools actually do research on the opposing teams players to dig up dirt that the student section can razz them on during the pre-game warm-ups.--Once they get their attention with the "item" -- it is brought up again whenever they touched the ball (including when shooting a free throw).

Lot's of opportunities out there--just need to get a few "Wild and Crazy Guys" to take up the baton and get er done.

xStartTodayx
01-12-2011, 09:02 PM
These threads always pop up after the students are on break or we just played a few non conference games that were not competitive. Maybe we all forgot the 50 game home win streak, the UW/Pepperdine/St. Joseph/St. Marys games, or only 5 home losses in how many years???!!!

Thanks KC! You are one of the top student sections and create one of the best home court advantages in the nation!

MedZag
01-12-2011, 09:37 PM
On of my alltime favorite chants ....."Beers on Jensen"---

Was at that game :D That was the last time we played UW at home and the only time they played in the MAC. The place was louuuudddd that night.

EuroZag2010
01-13-2011, 12:08 AM
One of the worst chants was last year when WAZZU was at the kennel. The "Casto can't read" chant was brutal....but funny. Sorry if I offended anyone .. By saying that

Zagpower
01-13-2011, 04:40 AM
It appears the accused Husky player may take the floor at Stanford tonight.

Will the Stanford kids use this horrible situation in any of their chants or heckling tonight?

If so, they would be literally outing the player nationally.

tobizag
01-13-2011, 06:24 AM
In my day....

I really dislike these threads. As it's already been stated, there are more restrictions on the Kennel Club then there was back in the day. Blame a previous generation for that with that unforgettable chant that made national headlines a few years ago. These kids are still hardcore and in no way lazy. They camp out for seats for days. How long did you camp out for your season ticket?

+1

Shanachie
01-13-2011, 07:46 AM
We have all gotten drab and boring. Success does this. Human nature I guess. So thanks to whoever posted the Utah State stuff. They have what we had six-ten years ago...

Not sure it's easily solvable, but I think you nailed the issue with that statement. Part of what was happening 10 years ago was the feeling that we just couldn't believe what was going on, and it was new and exciting. That enthusiasm just can't be maintained forever. The other (related) issue is that until very recently (last year and this year), the non-conference home schedule in the MAC has been, to put it nicely, a little weak. Can you really expect the KC and oldsters to be up for games against IUPUI and EWU? As for the WCC, because of the Zags' past success, it's just hard to be up for the games against most of the teams in the conference. St. Mary's is the exception, but for the most part, it's hard not to go to a conference game with the expectation that the Zags are going to win easily. I know that on a given night, any team could potentially knock off the Zags, but it's hard to think that way against teams that they've beaten 29 out of the last 30 times.

I better hear, "I Believe, We Will Win," complete with the hand gestures and all, befitting ESPN highlights, this Thursday, or there will be hell to pay.
I will do my part in getting we lazy Season Ticket Holders involved. It may take a few games for we geezers to catch on, but can you imagine 6,000 crazies in the McCarthey Center cheering, "I Believe, We Will Win!!!"?

Please, please, please do not do this. Stealing a signature chant from someone else would be the pinnacle of lameness. You can't criticize the KC for being "unimaginative" and then tell them to copy someone else's cheer!

proudzagparent
01-13-2011, 08:38 AM
Okay, darnit. Some good points here, but most have been pathetic.

KC, you are admittedly (and appreciativelyh) very loud, enthusiastic, you camp out for tickets in freezing weather, etc, (and much better than we season ticket holders, who, good or ill, look to you for enthusiasm, and look to you to be special). Your Are a VERY good "student section."

But do you want to be a "very good" student section, or do you want to be special? SPECIAL? And not shown up by the likes of Utah State.

As suspected, KC leadership (oxymoron), guess not, at least from your apologists' responses to my original post.

Lack of booze is no excuse. Dumbasses to all who posted that one.

Neither is the "Administration has taken control and is handcuffing us!" Do you mean to tell me that the Administration would have objected if you had done the "We Believe, We Will Win" chant? Absolute dumbasses to all who asserted that defense of the KC.

Neither is the "we don't get any good games in the Kennel" excuse. Dumbasses and apologists. This team is doing stuff that just can't be explained in the NCAA world. And has been for a decade. I don't care if GU is playing North Central High School. All the more reason to be a SPECIAL student section.

The originality defense, in response to my cry that tonight you organize the "I Believe We Will Win" chant, has a point. But #######it, that is still a pathetic response. So come up with something, you dumbasses. Do you want to be SPECIAL, or just get that coveted flash on the Heister/Ehol broadcast. Look at the Utah State clips posted on this board, and feel humbled. Until you do something SPECIAL and SPECTACULAR.

This is the fricking Kennel Club, for cryin out loud. SPECIAL, just like what your team is doing, and has, for the last decade.

primal23
01-13-2011, 08:39 AM
What has bugged me is not the KC - they have actually been pretty darn great if you ask me. No, it's not the same as it was 10 years ago but there has been an entire image change...good or bad.

As a season ticket holder and long time fan (used to go to the games by flashing my Costco card so I could sit/stand with the students, as the Costco card kind of looked like a student ID) I still don't get why the "crowd" doesn't get into it a bit more at times and when they do it is short-lived or mis-timed.

Example was at Portland game. Zags were getting beat as you all know in that second half. The crowd finally starting getting loud but it was during a Time Out...um that is great but then keep it up...they/we didn't. And when they did get loud during play it was when the Zags had the ball...OK we are encouraging them and cheering but when it is really needed is when Zags are on D! Get them pumped to defend. Don't let the opponent hear the play being called or the screens coming, etc!

Get loud, and at the right times...and then keep it going for more than a one possesion stretch. Much like like the before mentioned UW game from a few years back. As others have stated that was awesome crowd involvement.

I was getting the stink eye from some of the "society folk" that were around me when I went to a game. K2 is loud, mostly because it is built to keep sound in, but the problem I saw, it has become more to be "seen" then to go to a basketball game and cheer the home team to a W.

I had little to no voice the next couple days after the game. Of course it was the SDSU game, so plenty to yell about

ZagLawGrad
01-13-2011, 08:43 AM
No real opinion on this issue. But do admire the ability of the students to jump up and down for most of a game. Ah, the ol' days...

Zag4Hire
01-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Okay, darnit. Some good points here, but most have been pathetic.

KC, you are admittedly (and appreciativelyh) very loud, enthusiastic, you camp out for tickets in freezing weather, etc, (and much better than we season ticket holders, who, good or ill, look to you for enthusiasm, and look to you to be special). Your Are a VERY good "student section."

But do you want to be a "very good" student section, or do you want to be special? SPECIAL? And not shown up by the likes of Utah State.

As suspected, KC leadership (oxymoron), guess not, at least from your apologists' responses to my original post.

Lack of booze is no excuse. Dumbasses to all who posted that one.

Neither is the "Administration has taken control and is handcuffing us!" Do you mean to tell me that the Administration would have objected if you had done the "We Believe, We Will Win" chant? Absolute dumbasses to all who asserted that defense of the KC.

Neither is the "we don't get any good games in the Kennel" excuse. Dumbasses and apologists. This team is doing stuff that just can't be explained in the NCAA world. And has been for a decade. I don't care if GU is playing North Central High School. All the more reason to be a SPECIAL student section.

The originality defense, in response to my cry that tonight you organize the "I Believe We Will Win" chant, has a point. But #######it, that is still a pathetic response. So come up with something, you dumbasses. Do you want to be SPECIAL, or just get that coveted flash on the Heister/Ehol broadcast. Look at the Utah State clips posted on this board, and feel humbled. Until you do something SPECIAL and SPECTACULAR.

This is the fricking Kennel Club, for cryin out loud. SPECIAL, just like what your team is doing, and has, for the last decade.

Worthy of a new thread? No. I think the Boards get it: The KC needs to be louder and more involved like the good ol' days.

gamagin
01-13-2011, 08:47 AM
club ? The DC could challenge the KC.

BroncoZAG615
01-13-2011, 09:11 AM
I love KC threads because it must mean the team is playing well enough that we all need to find something else to complain about. Big ups to the team.

As for the dumbass laced tirade...holy cow. It sounds like proudzagchild was not put on the kennel board and someone is now pissedoffzagparent.

Beer_Engineer
01-13-2011, 09:23 AM
The Kickert one will never be forgotten, but the "ITS A BOY" chant after Nate Robs illegit kid from that week was the best in my opinion. There was also a sit down ___ (rhymes with toe) after a players girlfriend started pointing to us in the crowd, that was probably the funniest for the fact that she was infuriated that the whole student section was chanting and pointing back at her.

Ahhhh the good ol' days....

Zagdawg
01-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Row.....go.......snow......brow.....help me out here...i can't quite figure it out.

:)

NewbyZag
01-13-2011, 11:40 AM
I am a young zag fan but have been attending games since the 95-96 season. We can all argue and piss and moan about the state of the kennel club all we want but it is not going to change the dynamic that exists in the new arena. If the arena were filled with die hard gu fans (like the ones who exist on this board), i'm sure the place would be loud, enthusiastic, and intimidating. Unfortunately, in an attempt to fill season tickets...they have rewarded those with the deepest pockets/those who donate directly to gu athletics. I'm not saying its a bad thing, its part of how the new building was built. However, i think the environment has suffered as a result. People now go to gu games not to cheer on their beloved bulldogs, but to be seen...its a status thing. People leave their seats five minutes before the half to go to the "bulldog room" and don't return until after the second half has started. These are the people who annoy me the most, the ones who obviously don't value the gift of having season tickets. I believe the kennel club has done a very good job of trying to get season ticket holders involved but they feel an obvious disconnect from the rest of the crowd. It doesn't help when people won't even stand when they are called out like they have been in recent games. For me, its just sad because i'm a heckler by nature and love to be loud and involved in the games. I now feel out of place when i yell or get into a game, i wish i could go down with the students and go crazy!! IMO its not the kennel club that's the problem, its the rest of the crowd that needs to wake up...just my two cents.

gamagin
01-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Row.....go.......snow......brow.....help me out here...i can't quite figure it out. :)

pro ?

Zagdawg
01-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Newby --if you're the old obnoxious guy who sits in the row in front of me and yells at the refs all game long---teaching my son all kinds of new words.....you just need to sit down and be quiet.

Do you recall the time my son got sick on you last year......well it wasn't an accident.

Regardless of the old folks at the arena....the kennel club can cheer their hearts out the way we used to-- I wouldn't be blaming the old farts because I am not creative enough to think up a solid cheer.

BTW...I am kidding about the guy in the row in front of me.....and my son did not get sick on you on purpose........or did he......mwhaaaaaawwwwww.

:)

Go Zags

NewbyZag
01-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Nope zagdawg, that wouldn't be me...as i said, i'm a YOUNG, obnoxious gu fan....section 105 right behind the kennel club. I'm sorry your son has learned some new words at gu games, i try to keep it PG rated but when it's so quiet in the arena the kids are bound to hear things...even more incentive to cheer! And i'm not blaming the old farts...i'm blaming the relatively young farts who come to the gu games to be "seen" rather than cheer on the team.

zagmantis2001
01-13-2011, 02:43 PM
For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry.

Pargo the Destroyer
01-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Where's that dumbass dead horse..... I wanna punch it some more......

Oh there it is

:horse:

gamagin
01-13-2011, 07:23 PM
which did a nice job tonight, started cheering:

" WE WANT WENDY's . . . WE WANT WENDY's WE WANT WENDY's " just before SG answered with that final trey of the night.

It was the 10th trey, which means everyone holding a ticket gets a free wendy's hamburger.

While Pepp was working its way down court after the trey, the KC then chanted

"WE GOT WENDY's . . .WE GOT WENDY's . . .WE GOT WENDY's . . ."

good for a laugh on a fun night for the rest of us dumbasses.

ZaggyG
01-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi all, current KC-er here...

I forgot what I was originally planning to say, but anyways, there are still a LOT of us who do not go to games to be seen, but to cheer on our beloved Zags. For many (if not most) of us, it's all about the pride in what the team does, and taking advantage of the great opportunity to see them play. Rest assured, we will really BRING IT since everybody is back in the Spo now.

EuroZag2010
01-13-2011, 08:30 PM
You guys were awesome tonight zaggyG, the wendys chant was great and the klay chant also !! Good job kc!! Glad your back !!

Blitzing-Zag
01-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Current KCer and senior here as well as first post on GU boards. Tonight was much better then it has been previous home games (when the KC was full), though there could still be much improvement. Reasons why it seems less then full force at times is that the KC cannot create as many creative chants as they would like because of restrictions placed on it by the school because of previous events, like the broke back Kickhert (spelling) moment. I know personally know members of the current KC board and they would like to make more interesting and creative chants and such, but they must also make sure that whatever they try to create would not come across as offensive or too vulgar to the university. If the university ever gave the KC more leeway in terms of what it could do, you would see more creativeness as well as more constant energy from the student section. Hopes this helps and I am looking forward to posting on the forums more often.

ZagFan98
01-13-2011, 09:08 PM
I couldn't agree more with everyone. When the Zags were on everyone's radar the one thing that teams and fans thought about us was how loud the kennal was to play in. That was a calling card we had. I recently went to a Zags game against Oklahoma State, and granted it was break for the students but there was points throughout the game were you could have heard a needle drop from anywhere in the KC. I was honestly dissappointed. Just because the normal student body is there doesn't mean that we should be quite and polite. Stand up stomp your feet and get loud, your at a Gonzaga Basketball game. Come on season ticket holders, show the student section how it should be done, challenge them to who can be louder and restore the chaos that once was the KC!!!

Zagdawg
01-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Adding the "female dog" to the end of the "you you you" cheer when a foul is called should be left off also--it is pretty clear on televison and very much not worth the effort.

EuroZag2010
01-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Everyone was asking if that's what they were chanting ... Lol I thought it was " you you shame on you"

Zagsker
01-13-2011, 10:56 PM
kinda sad that Heister said the loudest the crowd was during the game is when they got Wendy's....of course Ehlo stated, "Moorninghoff (sp?) took 5 shots and hit all 3" so I am not inclined to take these guy's word on the going on's of GU basketball games

Birddog
01-14-2011, 03:32 AM
"Moorninghoff (sp?) took 5 shots and hit all 3" so I am not inclined to take these guy's word on the going on's of GU basketball games

What's wrong with that? He was three for three on the three he made, perfectly understandable.

Zagsker
01-14-2011, 09:00 AM
What's wrong with that? He was three for three on the three he made, perfectly understandable.

lol...I forgot, I need to think like an Ehlo:D

U Zig, I Zag
01-14-2011, 09:14 AM
which did a nice job tonight, started cheering:

" WE WANT WENDY's . . . WE WANT WENDY's WE WANT WENDY's " just before SG answered with that final trey of the night.

It was the 10th trey, which means everyone holding a ticket gets a free wendy's hamburger.

While Pepp was working its way down court after the trey, the KC then chanted

"WE GOT WENDY's . . .WE GOT WENDY's . . .WE GOT WENDY's . . ."

good for a laugh on a fun night for the rest of us dumbasses.

Not sure if you could see it on TV clearly, but Steven smiled as they were chanting the 'want' part, takes a three that he really didn't need to take, turns to the crowd and points at 'em. They went wild.

ZaggyG
01-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Us KCers (and college students in general) will do what we can for free food! Many thanks to Steven for that fabulous 'ask, and you shall receive!' 3 pointer.

ZagNut08
01-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Can students get free Wendy's even though they don't have a paper ticket?

I never bothered trying while I was there.

ZaggyG
01-14-2011, 11:01 AM
at ticket distribution, we get paper coupons that we can bring to Wendy's and use to get our free burger or whatever the giveaway is.

Saxon_zag
01-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Adding the "female dog" to the end of the "you you you" cheer when a foul is called should be left off also--it is pretty clear on televison and very much not worth the effort.

Yeah how offensive....:rolleyes:

To the kc members who posted what exactly would the school do if you do a cheer they don't like? What are they going to kick out the whole student section for a good brokeback mountain cheer?

ZaggyG
01-14-2011, 12:20 PM
I wasn't here when they did the brokeback mountain cheer, but I don't really know what they would do if we did a cheer that they didn't like. They probably don't like the 'female dog' part, and they can't pinpoint the person who started it, so it seems to me like they would either punish all 1200 students who were in attendance (not fair) or do nothing about it. More offensive/profane cheers would probably bring further discipline than a figurative tap on the wrist though.

ZagNut08
01-14-2011, 01:06 PM
When I was there I was asked by security to tone it down or be removed. They can also request your student ID and assuming you provide it, take further action.

For the Brokeback, they were trying to find people who had the blown up photos, and removing them from the game. There were calls to expell students who participated (which thankfuly didn't happen.)

BroncoZAG615
01-14-2011, 01:21 PM
When I was there I was asked by security to tone it down or be removed. They can also request your student ID and assuming you provide it, take further action.

For the Brokeback, they were trying to find people who had the blown up photos, and removing them from the game. There were calls to expell students who participated (which thankfuly didn't happen.)

Yep. It was quite difficult to be creative the past few years.

A friend and I apprehended Spencer Hawes' and Quincy Pondexter's cell phone numbers when UW came here a few years ago. All we did is write their phone numbers on a poster board and plan to chant them (a very common way to razz opponents) but our posters were taken and we were told not to chant their numbers or we'd be tossed.

Of course, we were just a bunch of dumbasses, though.

Saxon_zag
01-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Yep. It was quite difficult to be creative the past few years.

A friend and I apprehended Spencer Hawes' and Quincy Pondexter's cell phone numbers when UW came here a few years ago. All we did is write their phone numbers on a poster board and plan to chant them (a very common way to razz opponents) but our posters were taken and we were told not to chant their numbers or we'd be tossed.

Of course, we were just a bunch of dumbasses, though.

See that's the type of stuff that was awesome and funny to hear about.

GoZags
01-14-2011, 03:50 PM
I wasn't here when they did the brokeback mountain cheer, but I don't really know what they would do if we did a cheer that they didn't like. They probably don't like the 'female dog' part, and they can't pinpoint the person who started it, so it seems to me like they would either punish all 1200 students who were in attendance (not fair) or do nothing about it. More offensive/profane cheers would probably bring further discipline than a figurative tap on the wrist though.

First of all, there never was a "Brokeback Mountain" chant. The chant was "Brokeback Kickert" and "Kissing Kickert" -- as a photo had surfaced of St. Mary's star Daniel Kickert liplocked with a teammate at a party a couple of days before the game. Kickert wasn't very popular around the league although he was a good player (one of the 1st Aussie stars to emerge at SMC). It so happened that the motion picture Brokeback Mountain was at the height of popularity, and a portion of the KC used the "play on words" on the chant -- which was squelched during the game (and wasn't thought of highly).

http://deadspin.com/154982/the-other-side-of-the-gonzaga-brokeback-story

asoc
01-14-2011, 08:55 PM
So, what happens if people form a new group that is not the Kennel Club?

Someone brought up "European Soccer" earlier.

First, I implore you to look all across the US as there are similar groups all across the US supporting professional Soccer.

In reality, there are similar groups supporting Soccer and other sports all over the world, not just Europe.

I am a member of such a group.

http://www.weareecs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDxMbhjSNkY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG3_qE7GAxA
And check out the ECS photo gallery from the US Open Cup final.
http://www.weareecs.com/nggallery/page-29/album-1/gallery-91/

There is a reason why these groups are independent.

It is because once you let the team/front office/school/whatever get their hooks in they screw with the whole dynamic of the group. They will have different priorities than you and they do not care to understand your point of view.

But the concept of these types of groups are very foreign to your average sports fan in the US.

The mindset that goes into such groups is that you are there to support your team and push them to victory.

The atmosphere you create at games directly effects the players on the court/field. That is why you do all you can to create the best atmosphere possible and also by getting into the heads of the opposing players.

So, is it possible for a new organization to form that is independent of the School but supports GU Men's basketball?

Could this group include non students? Could they start buying up season tickets in certain areas and participating in creating the atmosphere at games and razzing the opposing players?

Could they work on organizing trips to away games a few times each year to support the team on the road?

gu03alum
01-15-2011, 04:24 AM
asoc, I think that's the script for Old School.

http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/allposters/50/1808405250p.jpg

gamagin
01-15-2011, 09:01 AM
are you suggesting we overthrow Freedonia ?

asoc
01-15-2011, 10:21 AM
heh, do whatever you need to do:-p

But yes, I am suggestion that starting up a new "Kennel Club" that would stay independent is an option that might be worth exploring.

Don't limit it to just students. Get alumni in it as well. Have the focus be only on supporting GU Men's basketball in the style of a student section, or in a more similar style to what you see elsewhere. Like in Europe for Basketball etc.

For instance, check out this atmosphere from Aris BC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE7oMGFqVG4

In regards to coming up with new songs/chants etc.

Just rip off the tune of a song and add your own lyrics.

007Zag
01-15-2011, 04:35 PM
What is Kennel Club's deal?!? This chant sort of died out and has been back with a vengeance lately.

It's not classy. Not clever. Not anything. Just crass, and embarrassing to alumni.

Zagregious
01-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Embarrassing, grow up Kennel Club.

007Zag
01-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Not trying to beat a dead horse or come across as an old crotchety type (I'm only a couple years graduated after all), but I just don't like vulgarity...

U Zig, I Zag
01-15-2011, 04:57 PM
It's stupid and sounds infantile.

Blitzing-Zag
01-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Ok i am sitting in the kennal club as we speak and usually i try to defend as students but today was aweful......no one was on the same page. kc board wasn't even doind much. very disappointed so far hopefully we can get our act together after the half both in the stands and on the court.

IronLions
01-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Is the Kennel Club really chanting "FU LMU".
I remember when there was a thing called "Zag material".
Very classless.

U Zig, I Zag
01-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Is the Kennel Club really chanting "FU LMU".
I remember when there was a thing called "Zag material".
Very classless.

I am not hearing that... is it after a foul? They say something after an opponent fouls, never could make it out.

IronLions
01-15-2011, 06:13 PM
That is what I thought I heard. It worked we only shot 27% in the second :vomit-smiley-007:

webspinnre
01-15-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm going to just hope that you're going senile and have lost your hearing. :o

Zagdawg
01-15-2011, 08:08 PM
I greatly dislike it also--not much class.

Few had to ask that the crowd not throw things onto the court tonight also.....not so sure what is going on.

MickMick
01-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Students are a cross section of their age group in society.

A statement about the KC is a statement about youth in general.

That's ok. Back in my day it was the vulgar hippies. Nothing really changes, history repeats itself. I'm as mystified about our youth embracing "gangstas" as my folks were about my shoulder length hair. When this young generation is responsible for their own version of wayward offspring, they too, will be equally mystified by some wack cultural evolution.

Most people mature and grow out of it. Some never let go. Part of the solution comes from us older folks reminding them.

That is exactly what this thread is doing.

JohnOGU
01-15-2011, 08:44 PM
I love it. Granted this is a Jesuit institution, but it's not too outrageous in the national picture.

The509sfinest
01-15-2011, 10:06 PM
anyone wanna beleive me about the booing to meech at krazieness at the kennel now? Kennel Club has had better days...

zag69
01-15-2011, 10:20 PM
It's embarrassing to an alum, and I don't care about the national scene. This is supposed to be a special place. The school is represented by a reasonably good team, a classy coach, and drunken obnoxious students. Ho hum, Jesuit traditions.

The509sfinest
01-15-2011, 10:24 PM
and like some people have pointed out, kennel club has been a little lazy this year too, wheres the spirit?

whatazag
01-16-2011, 12:24 AM
I am not old, and I am not one that worries about the opposing teams feelings, but I have no idea what that chant even means. Can someone explain?

allbusiness_zag
01-16-2011, 03:59 AM
anyone wanna beleive me about the booing to meech at krazieness at the kennel now? Kennel Club has had better days...

Nope.

KC has seen better days though. :argh:

BroncoZAG615
01-16-2011, 06:14 AM
Good golly miss molly are they really saying the B word???

As a slight side note, I was at a Colorado Buffaloes basketball game yesterday. I sat in the non-student section and actually stood and cheered for a large part of the game. It was fascinating. When I was at GU, I remember having to chant AT the non-student fans to see a few people make the effort to stand up for four seconds.

It really was an eye opener. Granted, CU basketball is somewhat on the upswing so people are going to be especially enthusiastic. However, this BS that the Kennel Club is the only part of the MAC suffering from complacency is absurd.

The Utah State chants are really neat and fun but I'm not really going to a basketball game to hear creativity. 6,000 people being loud is much more fun.

ridgebackzag
01-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Until they start administering breathalysers to the students as they come in, this will always be the case. Drinking tends to give us all a loose lip or two.

ZagMania
01-16-2011, 07:19 AM
I am not old, and I am not one that worries about the opposing teams feelings, but I have no idea what that chant even means. Can someone explain?

This, I don't get the chant at all. Little help?

cjm720
01-16-2011, 07:37 AM
This, I don't get the chant at all. Little help?

Bump

NEC26
01-16-2011, 07:41 AM
I've heard the "you you you onnnnnnn you" chant before when an opposing player gets a foul. Not sure I have ever heard the other one.

webspinnre
01-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Yeah, its a chant when a player fouls someone, often when its a hard foul, or when the player is upset about it being called on him. The b*tch addition has not traditionally been a part of it though.

thickman1
01-16-2011, 10:30 AM
The non-student section of the GU crowd - namely those folks in the areas behind the team benchs - suck. Can you dig up a GU shirt? Oh, and get off your hands for more than the occasional dunk here and there. It's like social hour...

ID ZAGFAN
01-16-2011, 10:37 AM
I've heard the "you you you onnnnnnn you" chant before when an opposing player gets a foul. Not sure I have ever heard the other one.

It's not the entire KC that adds the unnecessary "B" word.

When I have been sitting close to the KC, I have not heard the "B" word, so it must be mainly the group right behind the broadcasting table that adds it.

ZaGranny

Bulldog
01-16-2011, 10:45 AM
The non-student section of the GU crowd - namely those folks in the areas behind the team benchs - suck. Can you dig up a GU shirt? Oh, and get off your hands for more than the occasional dunk here and there. It's like social hour...

Yes, it appears some folks are just enjoying a little entertainment in between visits to the Herak room, why not just watch the game in there?:fingergun:

sittingon50
01-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Both sides of the KC were having a real hard time staying together, but I thought the energy (even pre-game) was pretty decent.

cvzag79
01-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Hmm, so what your saying is that calling someone a b*tch is far more disrespectful than chanting "brokeback kicker?" come on guys their in college. I am pretty sure no one goes "wow how classless that alumni must be" this is a school with students who turn around and clap while they announce the opposing team.....there is far worse things to complain about than calling someone the B word.

kitzbuel
01-16-2011, 12:17 PM
I do think that there is the thought that a Gonzaga education should engender a little more creativity.

007Zag
01-16-2011, 12:27 PM
CV: I'm not sure if you were addressing me, but whether or not calling someone a b*%ch is more or less offensive than the brokeback chant is neither here nor there. In and of itself, it's not cool and as one of the most repeated chants (more so even than Go, Gonzaga, G-O-N-Z...) I thought it was worth pointing out. Just because there are some things that have been worse (which were immediately ended) doesn't mean we shouldn't point out "less" offensive chants.

As a side note, go Zags!

007Zag
01-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Oh, and to Kitz's points, at least be creative. A classic, slightly offensive but at least creative soccer chant goes something to the effect of (to the tune of "Oh My Darling Clementine"):

"Who's your father? Who's your father?
Who's your father, referee?
You don't know him, never met him,
You're a ba$!ard, referee."

See, clever. Adding curse words to chants we lifted off of Duke students? Not clever.

Pargo the Destroyer
01-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Be part of the solution then. If your at the game do something about it. I know you won't, lest the deep pockets wrinkle their nose at you. And since when is ####### not a bad word? Your point is null, due to the fact that you are saying they should come up a "clever" chant, yet all you did was add more words, with an offensive word at the end, kinda like what the KC does now. Weird.

Maybe someone should find out the KC boardmembers email addresses and the general public and alumni can email in the suggested chants they would like to hear. Only rules are nothing corny or dorky and no copying. Matter fact why don't you post it here as well. Would love to see what everyone comes up with.