PDA

View Full Version : Osweiler?

J-Mac Zag Forever
06-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Scout has Osweiler as having committed to GU. Did I miss something?

ZagNut08
06-03-2007, 06:45 PM
yes, yes you did...about a year ago

Zagdawg
06-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Like June of 2006 -- I believe--

J-Mac Zag Forever
06-03-2007, 06:51 PM
I was probably napping at the time. How come no disscusions on him as to whats going on with his stats etc. There has to be something going on thats news worthy.

If Poling and Osweiler are our 09' recruits we have no scholorships left. Right? If true why are recruiting. I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Zagdawg
06-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Um-- Poling -- 08 and Osweiler 09--

Try the search option-- it will pull all the threads on Osweiler and get caught up--

MickMick
06-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I like the players that know what they want early (ie. Pendergraft). They are fans of the team as much as players for the team. The early verbal for Osweiler has me hoping he is like that.

Nevtelen
06-03-2007, 09:09 PM
It seems that's exactly what Osweiler is - he's been to several games and, at least as far as I've seen, has been pretty animated. He's gonna be a good one...

BTW, edit: We have Poling and one mroe scholly for 08 (we need a PG if you've been asleep for that debate, too) and we should have several spots for 09 (4 I think, as of now?). So far only Osweiler in 09.

ZagNut08
06-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Believe he is playing on the same aau team with gadey and bradley among others. He had to sit out a few recent games to get fully healthy. He played in spokane a few weeks back and averaged double doubles in all games played.

eastsideballer
06-03-2007, 09:20 PM
I have been watching Brock play since 2005 when my son who at the time was 6'0 had to guard him in an AAU game at the Warehouse. That was quite entertaining, as Brock was at his current height (well almost).
Brock has a lot of upside. He has great footwork, good courtsense, and from what I see a positive work ethic. He is young, time will tell how he fares in the Big's but I think he will contribute to the GU club.
I watched Brock play several weeks ago in Spokane and he looked solid. I would have liked to see him dominate a bit more but I understand where he is coming from considering it is a "spring" tournament.
I to agree that there is a special quality about a youth that has the conviction to commit early. There is no doubt that Brock would have been a top choice for most west coast teams, both in the WCC and Pac 10. The scary thing is that he purportedly is a better quarterback than a basketball player.
Good luck to Brock and all the 2009 players.

RebornZag
06-03-2007, 09:37 PM
BZ went to watch a DVD of him tonight. Maybe we'll get a report from him at some point. My son, living in Yakima, has seen him play I think once, and a few people he knows there have seen him play many times, and the word on him is that he will become one great Zag. Very good news about him. BZ sings his praises frequently...

steventreich
06-04-2007, 07:43 AM
Since J-Mac Zag has missed out on events, maybe we should make sure he heard about what happened with Josh and Theo and then discuss it all day.

BobZag
06-04-2007, 10:01 AM
I just watched the Flathead vs Big Sky game. (Flathead won easily) Brock scored 30+ points and had about 15 rebounds. It was one of his best games of last season, especially considering Big Sky beat Flathead later on at State when Brock had pneumonia without knowing it yet.

Everytime I watch Brock, I keep thinking Matthew Knight of LMU. Real nice post moves and strong finishes, combined with a decent 15-foot shot. And when he sets his mind to it, he can dominate the boards. He has altered or blocked far more shots this year than last, too. If he develops, oh, two more go-to post moves in the next 2+ years and polishes up that 15-foot jumper so it's near-automatic, we're going to really like what this kid brings in '09. He has decent handles for a PF as well.

I have not seen enough of Andy Poling to make any comment, but Rivals' Jerry Meyer liked him quite a bit. It was posted a month or so ago. Needs bulk and strength, though, before he can make that next big step.

mtzaga
06-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Brock is a good QB too. Pac-10 level IMHO.

BobZag
06-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Brock is a good QB too. Pac-10 level IMHO.

Shhhh, not so loud.

UberZagFan
06-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Shhhh, not so loud.

Yeah, shhhh...

We'll know more after his junior season in football. I would be surprised if some football schools did not go after him. Maybe not PAC-10 level, but atleast the Mountain West or WAC.

RebornZag
06-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks BZ! Mmm Mathew Knight hugh? Wow! Possibly will be taller? Knight's only 6'8" but 240. Knight was my favorite cener in the WCC. I think Loyola M. would have had a pretty darn good team if Worthy hadn't gotten hurt. My heart bled for them all year. That Worthy was awesome, man. They may have won the WCC if they had had Worthy.

I've always loved Kight's toughness, and his shooting. However, I always felt he was somewhat a liability at 6'8" on Defense. I hope Brock will be more 6'9" at the very least.

MickMick
06-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Matt Knight was one heck of a player.

Nevtelen
06-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Especially considering he was basically playing out of position, Knight was a great C for LMU. Think about how dangerous he would have been as a 4 with a good 5 backing him up. Especialy one that can block shots like, say Josh or (it sounds like) Theo. LMU just didn't have that and had to use Knight like a center. Man am I looking forward to seeing Brock in a uni.