PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology 1/10/11 - A Deadly 9 Seed

BobZag
01-10-2011, 10:05 AM
If we're going to drop, let's get a 10 or 11 seed!

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Zag4Hire
01-10-2011, 11:30 AM
That could probably be the worst pod imaginable. I would gladly swap with Memphis' #12 seed.

TacomaZAG
01-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks, Joe!!!!!! If we can't get a 1-6 seed (doubtful, at this point), I say let's drop all the way down to a 12 or 13. 8/9 is death.......

Go ZAGS

willandi
01-10-2011, 07:25 PM
I have thought, in the past, that Lunardi had a clue. Now I'm not so sure. I understand our dropping when we went from #12 and came out the gate 4-5. 7 consecutive wins, some over better competition, and/or on the road, and to drop in the seeds makes me question Lunardi's objectivity, and my conclusion is that he is just selling a product and, much like the polls at this time of the season, they (the bracketology) really...no REALLY doesn't matter.

Bogozags
01-11-2011, 10:25 AM
According to Joe...

We are the 33 team or the highest of the 9 seeds. We could move up to a 6 or 7 seed as long as we keep winning...only one conference loss* would be tolerated and we would have to beat Memphis.

At present, four of our losses came to teams ranked above us, with WSU being the loss to a team we are ranked higher.

OKST is our lone victory over a tourney team but believe Marquette will also be a tourney team.

A minimum of five of he following teams need to have multiple losses in order for us to move up:

WVU, St. Johns, AZ, Minn, UCF, Cincy, Temple, MSU, Louisville, KSU, UNLV and Vandy.

I see WVU, St. Johns, Minn, Lousiville, UNLV and Vandy are all candidates to take serious hits over the next dozen games.

It is possible for us to move up BUT we have to keep winning.

In order for us to drop to a 10 or 11 seed, we would need to lose a max of three more games...then it would be questionable if we would even make the tourney, unless we win the WCC Tourney.

I like our chances of moving up and am leery of us losing games as I see us not getting an at-large-bid.

ellenvega
01-11-2011, 05:42 PM
I see Minnesota dropping down for sure, they are definetly having some issues right now.

I'd say between 7-10 is the right range, hopefully not the deadly 8/9.