PDA

View Full Version : Is Few's appearance at Ziglar unwise?

Zag 77
06-03-2007, 02:11 PM
For a couple of weeks, Mark Few has been featured in some full-page ads and radio spots as a featured speaker in Spokane with the title "How to build a winning team"

The appearance is part of an event sponored by some guy named Zig Ziglar about how to make some sorts of financial investments.

Few is free to do whatever he wants on his own time, and I am sure they will pay handsomely. However, my recollection is that this Ziglar guy is a "Get Rich Quick" huckster.

So, what do people know about Zig Ziglar? Honest or Shady?

former1dog
06-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Ziglar actually is not a get rich quick huckster. He is a very successful salesman that has taught other sales people successful sales technique's. He's been at it a long time.

Birddog
06-03-2007, 02:32 PM
my recollection is that this Ziglar guy is a "Get Rich Quick" huckster.
Sometimes Google is real helpful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zig_Ziglar

Birddog

RenoZag
06-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Yeah, he's a motivational speaker. . .like this guy:
http://www.garmentdistrict.com/store/popculture/montypython/lade_sm.jpg

:p

But I doubt Zig lives in a van down by the river.

J-Mac Zag Forever
06-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Hey! He is good. I have been there and he is worth every penney.
Coach Few should feel honered.

BobZag
06-03-2007, 04:49 PM
What station is the ad on? I listen to two stations and haven't heard a thing.

jbslicer
06-03-2007, 05:00 PM
There's a full page ad in the Spokesman.

gamagin
06-04-2007, 10:21 AM
has the creds. He's an excellent speaker.

the seminars I've attended (beginning as a lifelong skeptic but coming around for the sheer value of looking at things differently) have mostly turned out to be really well done, totally invigorating and thought provoking.

After a few of them, I reverted to buying the best cd packages I could research and find, or borrow them from someone, or go in on a series (at costco, ebay etc) with someone because they can get very expensive.

However, if you treat it like a quarter's worth of valuable info, paradigm shifting and motivating yourself, I'd say it would be cheap at twice the price.

Vurtually every motivational speaker on earth had one person as their prime motivator, fwiw: Napoleon Hill.

He's been dead a long time, but his story & series is still among my favorites, fwiw.

jbslicer
06-04-2007, 10:27 AM
$49 for the whole office for the entire day if paid in advance. It would cost you more to feed the entire office at the Arena.

gamagin
06-04-2007, 10:39 AM
about the price of admission.

it's what they're selling that costs, or perhaps more accurately, adds up.

and there is a wealth of stuff. If you think NASCAR is expensive . . .

last time I went there were half a dozen speakers, starting with another fave, brian tracy. Each of them had at least one series' of topics plus the equivalent of "camps," cruises, you name it.

you could feel cheated if you didn't buy them all. and if you listen carefully, you really do need every one of them.

You can buy them there . . there are usually long lines after each talk . . . or you can go back to my cheapskates way of getting a library together.

lothar98zag
06-05-2007, 08:21 AM
For some reason I'm suddenly motivated to move this thread to another forum.

I guess this guy's stuff actually works.

Zag 77
06-06-2007, 08:53 PM
I am just curious what a successful coach can bring in for doing a speaking gig. I would bet Mark Few finds things more lucrative out there than Mike Burns.