PDA

View Full Version : Final Four Predictions

pbriz
06-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Another topic to kill some time....

but who do you think will make the final four this next year?

Memphis is too good not to and has all the talent, wouldn't be suprised if they won it all if rose turns out to be what is expected at the point.

UNC is still stacked beyond belief with talent and the starting five of hansborough, thompson, ellington, lawson, and either green or ginyard will be strong plus so many other options off the bench.

Indiana could be really strong next year with their returning core and one of the best big men in the country, D.J. White plus a talented recruit in eric gordon.

for the last spot i see a number of teams challenging such as UCLA, Kansas, Georgetown, us (i really do, no bias :D ), or tennessee.

ZagMan in Philly
06-03-2007, 10:58 AM
zags, trojans, memphis tigers, and pitts

MickMick
06-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Last year was a fluke...the final four is almost never comprised of only (1-2) seeds:

Kansas State, Southern Cal, Butler, and Georgetown

Beasely, Mayo, Graves, and Hibbert

I lake the Zags the following year

BobZag
06-03-2007, 05:11 PM
If Brandon Rush is 100%, you can't dismiss Kansas, regardless of Bill Self. I agree on USC, they're my choice to win the Pac-10. Obviously UNC, and I'm thinking Izzo could make things interesting again.

Zagdawg
06-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Memphis, Kansas, USC, and the Zags (of course)--

soonerterp
06-03-2007, 07:28 PM
If Brandon Rush is 100%, you can't dismiss Kansas, regardless of Bill Self. I agree on USC, they're my choice to win the Pac-10. Obviously UNC, and I'm thinking Izzo could make things interesting again.

Not sure that Rush will be ready for next season, and if he is, I don't assume he'll be effective for all of the season.

Nevtelen
06-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Count me in as a Jayhawk doubter because even if Rush plays I don't think he'll be the same player for a season or so. Even if he recovers in time to start the season, he'll still be tentative for a while and have to refit himself into the line-up since he won't have been up to speed.

Also, I don't think USC will win the Pac-10 next year. Color me a doubter, but I think OJ Mayo will be great but erratic and the steady, crafty play of WSU will pull it out instead.

Final Four -

Memphis, UNC, GTown (esp if Green actually returns), and Louisville.

Zags to the Elite Eight.