PDA

View Full Version : ZagNative, that bulldog...

BobZag
06-02-2007, 05:40 PM
That looks like an older version of Spike. Where'd you find it?

Nice, btw. :)

ZagNative
06-02-2007, 06:01 PM
So happy you noticed ZN's new look, BZ.

I started here: Bulldog Gif Animations (http://www.bullwrinkle.com/bulldog-clipart/bulldog-animations1.htm)

Some great stuff there! Easier to change your look than a couple of nose piercings and not nearly as painful.

Then I used this great site recommended by Treehorn over on the Crosby to shrink the size to fit this board's limitations, which I think are 80 x 80: gifworks.com (http://www.gifworks.com/cgi-bin/gifworks.pl?com=transfer_open)

Maybe more than you wanted to know, but there you are.

lawzag
06-02-2007, 07:09 PM
awesome avitar & awesome gif site that you provided link to.
thanks ZN :)

ZagNative
06-02-2007, 07:39 PM
awesome avitar & awesome gif site that you provided link to.
thanks ZN :)

I really had my eye on the running bulldog, but I remembered someone else on this site or the old one used that for an avitar. This old boy is a thing of beauty:

http://www.bullwrinkle.com/bulldog-clipart/animations/1610_run.gif

BobZag
06-03-2007, 08:54 AM
It reminds me of the old 1960's (or before) Spike. It was more head-on than the semi-profiled Spike nowadays and it didn't quite have that mean "I'll rip your leg off" look, but still a classic, especially with the movement.

Do they have Keira Knightly avatars? Er, don't answer that! ;)

JLGutrocks
06-03-2007, 01:06 PM
I've had that running bulldog for a while but I can't figure out how to size it for this board.......Anyone willing/able to help me out?

JL

Bocco
06-03-2007, 01:26 PM
I've had that running bulldog for a while but I can't figure out how to size it for this board.......Anyone willing/able to help me out?

JL
JL using the gifworks.com link provided by Zagnative (see post #2 above) I was able to resize the image within the dimensions required for an avitar.

ZagNative
06-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Whoa! I have to try that attachment trick. That is too cool. Look at all the things I'd never know if I weren't a Zag fan!

BobZag
06-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Whoa! I have to try that attachment trick. That is too cool. Look at all the things I'd never know if I weren't a Zag fan!

Now that one on four legs looks like the Fresno State bulldog. :) I do think GU's bulldog looks the best of 'em all. I'm biased though.

ZagNative
06-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Watch out! I'm getting plenty good at this and am about to start papering the living room with bulldog avatars.

The old boy below is an image off the official board, and I think it's an actual photo of Spike, but shrunk some after the witch doctor got to him. Whatever, he's nearly as handsome as ZN.

I used a program on my computer named Irfanview to crop and resize a jpeg photo. Irfanview can be downloaded free from this site: Make your own avatar (http://www.doshelp.com/Tech-Central/make_your_own_avatar__for_forums.htm)

Boy, I'm going to get in trouble with old Reborn for all this frivolous stuff instead of working on my Zags starting lineup ....

Darn. Makes me want a dog again. Nah, maybe I'll just start bickering with other posters to amuse myself instead. At least I don't have to scoop up their doo-doo off my lawn.

If one of the Mods wants to shuffle this post off to the Foo, I'll be honored to have pushed you over the edge.

JLGutrocks
06-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Thanks Bocco.

JL

UberZagFan
06-04-2007, 02:31 PM
I see someone is trying to slip threads past Uber by moving them into the Foo from elsewhere. Nice try.

Bocco
06-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Thanks Bocco.

JL

JL nice to see the dog running again, glad to be of help.

UberZagFan
09-30-2007, 07:36 PM
The bulldog will be running again soon.

TheZagPhish
09-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Right, seeing that this is Foo in Basketball's clothing, this thread is hereby awarded a five star. You people are super cool.

ZN, I should have known that you'd be an Irfanview user; handy little app, that one.

TheZagPhish
09-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Right, seeing that this is Foo in Basketball's clothing, this thread is hereby awarded a five star. You people are super cool.

ZN, I should have known that you'd be an Irfanview user; handy little app, that one.

Wow - you know... for a second I thought I was in Basketball. Nope. Never left Foo. (shakes head at self)

Rubbadub
02-28-2008, 09:09 AM
What was ZN's old avatar?

ZagNative
06-26-2008, 09:57 PM
What was ZN's old avatar?http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Junk/Misc/aniw15_19207_19529.gif

TheBeast
06-26-2008, 10:22 PM
I don't remember if it was this iteration or the old scout board that had a thread on the history of the GU Bulldog logo and the art behind it, but I've had a lot of fun telling people half-truths about the true origins of every school's bulldog logo. So, thanks for that.

Akzag
06-26-2008, 10:53 PM
I remember that as well ... it might be in the HOF, or the help forum ... I'll take a look ....

Akzag
06-26-2008, 11:38 PM
I struck out ... must have been on one of the other boards ....