• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GhostZag
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2010

~~Questionnaire ~ win 2 FREE tickets to Zags vs Pilots 1-8 ~~

"Up for grabs are (2) tickets to the GU vs Portland game @ the MAC on Sat. 1-8-11 @ 5:30pm".The tickets are FREE to the winner of the following short questionnaire. Seats are in upper level Sec. #104.

GhostZag along with WooHoo will deliberate and award the tickets based on the reply's listed in this thread.
    Please do not PM GhostZag or WooHoo, or your entry will not be acknowledged.

The winner will be selected at 10am Friday, Jan. 7th and tickets will be hand delivered to the winner, @ 5pm at the Northeast entrance of the MAC.
    Good Luck...

1) Have you ever seen a GU men's basketball game in the MAC?
    2) How big a Zags fan are you?
    3) How long have you been following Zag basketball?
    4) When you watch “the Decade of Excellence” do you get misty?
    5) Why are you a Zags fan?
  • gozagswoohoo
    Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
    • Feb 2007

PMTA, this is a huge first WCC game. Good luck everyone! Great idea by Ghostzag!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

I don't need the tickets, but here are my answers!!!!

Originally posted by GhostZag View Post
      "Up for grabs are (2) tickets to the GU vs Portland game @ the MAC on Sat. 1-8-11 @ 5:30pm".The tickets are FREE to the winner of the following short questionnaire. Seats are in upper level Sec. #104.

GhostZag along with WooHoo will deliberate and award the tickets based on the reply's listed in this thread.
      Please do not PM GhostZag or WooHoo, or your entry will not be acknowledged.

The winner will be selected at 10am Friday, Jan. 7th and tickets will be hand delivered to the winner, @ 5pm at the Northeast entrance of the MAC.
      Good Luck...

Yes, but can anybody ever see too many MBB games at the MAC?
      Like Meech and Stockton--small in stature, huge in heart!
      How long is forever?.
      Are the Niagara Falls misty?
      Because I'm ZaGranny and bleed blue and red.

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2009

Something tells me that those of us lucky enough to answer #1 as a 'yes' might be out of the running...

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
          Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
          Something tells me that those of us lucky enough to answer #1 as a 'yes' might be out of the running...
          You never know!!

It's like my Great Great Uncle Ronald used to say, "Sonny, it's not the kick in the boot that counts, it's the boot in the kick."

Wait...I may be remembering that wrong....

FILL IT OUT, EVERYONE. Ya never know.
          Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• ridgebackzag
            Kennel Club
            • Jan 2009

I'll be out of town, but great idea nonetheless! Good luck to everyone..

Comment

• TheZagPhish
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GhostZag View Post
              1) Yes, by the grace of the most amazing fan base on planet earth.
              2) My wardrobe, car and decor (home and office) are all in Zag colors; I don't make snow angels, but snow Pargos; I donate what I can; I watch two things on my TV -- Zag games and The Mark Few Show; I am a bit player in the greatest online fan community on planet earth.
              3) 1999
              4) I got misty reading this question.
              5) My hometown warriors changed the world of college ball, and push the envelope every year.
              Last edited by TheZagPhish; 01-05-2011, 06:09 PM.
              Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• GhostZag
                Bulldog Fan
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
                Oh no, not true. #1-#4 tells me a little about you. #5 will probably be the DF... (deciding factor)

Comment

• 2Zags3Pups
                  Bulldog Fan
                  • Feb 2007

My wife and I have been to one, but my oldest boy (11) has not!
                  People are surprised when I'm not wearing GU attire!
                  Oldest sibling started at GU in '88 and I went to a few games then. Knew then that I was going to attend GU. Was a student there from '95 to '01 and worked in the Martin Centre every year in some capacity just to be around sports.
                  Definitely get nostalgic. But I can't cry in front of my kids.
                  My wife and I were just talking about how you see someone wearing GU gear and there is a connection. You are a GU fan because you pull for the underdog, the little guy. Nothing is better than doing something that others don't believe that you can. The common person relates to that. The fact that GU has endured for 10 years with others waiting for the ride to end is great. May it never end.
                  2Zags4Pups

Comment

• PolarBear
                    Redshirt
                    • Dec 2009

1) Have you ever seen a GU men's basketball game in the MAC? No never seen a game in person
                    2) How big a Zags fan are you? I read this forum daily
                    3) How long have you been following Zag basketball? Dickau/Stepp era (don't hold that against me I hadn't lived here that long)
                    4) When you watch “the Decade of Excellence” do you get misty? When Dickau spoke yes
                    5) Why are you a Zags fan? Cinderella baby!

Comment

• willandi
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ghostzag View Post
                      "up for grabs are (2) tickets to the gu vs portland game @ the mac on sat. 1-8-11 @ 5:30pm".the tickets are free to the winner of the following short questionnaire. Seats are in upper level sec. #104.

ghostzag along with woohoo will deliberate and award the tickets based on the reply's listed in this thread.
                      please do not pm ghostzag or woohoo, or your entry will not be acknowledged.

the winner will be selected at 10am friday, jan. 7th and tickets will be hand delivered to the winner, @ 5pm at the northeast entrance of the mac.
                      good luck... :d

1) have you ever seen a gu men's basketball game in the mac?
                      No!! Never seen the zags live, ever!!!
                      2) how big a zags fan are you?
                      Over 6'/200lbs, and i watch every game live when possible, and tape delayed when not!!
                      3) how long have you been following zag basketball?
                      Since the mid '90's.
                      4) when you watch “the decade of excellence” do you get misty?
                      Of course, doesn't everyone??
                      5) why are you a zags fan?
                      So many of my family have gone to/are going to gonzaga, that when i moved to the area in the early '90's i fell in love with all i learned, about the sports, the school.
                      please!!!!!!!
                      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Zagsker
                        Zag for Life
                        • Dec 2008

1) Have you ever seen a GU men's basketball game in the MAC?:] Yes, I have been to 4 games.

2) How big a Zags fan are you?: 6'3" 270

3) How long have you been following Zag basketball?: since the Elite Eight run...to be honest I never even knew Gonzaga exhisted until then, after that point I was hooked and each year has grown more and more exciting for my fandom.....my objective now is to get my wife hooked, I have her fully assimilated into Nebraska football, Gonzaga basketball is next...it would really help if she could see a game live.

4) When you watch “the Decade of Excellence” do you get misty?: not really, I got excited and such but not "misty", the only thing that gets me "misty" is pissin' into the wind......I still have troubles watching the UCLA game however and you could say I get misty when I watch highights of that

5)Why are you a Zags fan? : did I mention I am from Nebraska. We have no basketball in Nebraska

Actually I am a Zag fan because it is where I live. I was not born here but I have lived here for well over a decade and it has just grown on me. I have lived around WSU the same amount of time but the Cougars never grew on me..Gonzaga basketball just had more appeal, the EE run helped no doubt, but overall it is the sense of community and the "us against the world" mentality that it has....very cliche I know, but very true nonetheless
                        I am working on being a more all around square.

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
                          Zag for Life
                          • Apr 2007

Just want to reply

1) Have you ever seen a GU men's basketball game in the MAC? NO!

2) How big a Zags fan are you? almost as big as Zagnative!

3) How long have you been following Zag basketball? since sr. stockton was our PG

cus i don't like Duke, UCLA, Uconn, Kansas, Washington, etc.., and because GU gave me a good foundation of who i am today!!!

Go Zags!

Comment

• TacomaZAG
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2007

Great Contest

My answers:

1) Have you ever seen a GU men's basketball game in the MAC??
                            My wife and I have seen a number of games in the Kennel, plus the final game in the old Kennel. Growing up I saw a lot of games, and a lot of empty bleachers, in the old Kennel
                            2) How big a Zags fan are you??
                            Big enough that all my nephews and nieces know they are getting Zag gear for their birthdays and Christmas, and big enough that I always wear Zag gear next to my skin, so the Husky gear I wear during football season doesn't actually touch me. As my Zag gear wears out, I burn it rather than letting it fall into the wrong hands.
                            3) How long have you been following Zag basketball??
                            I have been following Zag basketball since my family moved to Spokane in 1971 (I was 11) for my dad to take a job at GU. I bleed it during the season.
                            4) When you watch "Decade of Excellence" do you get misty??
                            I get mistier than Matt Santangelo does in "Decade of Excellence", if that's possible. I also got misty following GoZagswoohoo's blog last year, still smile every time I remember that journey.
                            5) Why are you a Zags fan??
                            I grew up in Spokane with the Zags. My dad taught at GU for 26 years. Went to high school with and competed against a number of future Zags. I graduated from GU in the '80's and attended many classes with the basketball players. I still love the David/Goliath aspect of the rise of the program, along with the anyone/anytime/anywhere attitude of the program. I still get chills everytime I hear Gus Johnson say, "Gonzaga...... the slipper still fits".

I can't come to the game, but it was still fun to fill out the questionnaire.

Go ZAGS

Comment

• azzagfan
                              Professional Zag Fan
                              • Apr 2007

1) Have you ever seen a GU men's basketball game in the MAC? No. The last Zags home game I attended was in the Martin Centre (and Jeff Brown was playing the 5 for the Zags).

2) How big a Zags fan are you? When my wife looks in the closet, she says I have a Zag fandom problem, but like Barney Stinson says on "How I Met Your Mother" when discussing his gambling problem, I respond with, "Problem? Hey, Superman should really do something about his flying problem. Please! It's not a problem if you're awesome at it."

Attended the first 3 Zag NCAA tourney games (saw the Rillie/Rogers version of the Zags play Joe Smith and Maryland in SLC).

3) How long have you been following Zag basketball? Since Jamie Dudley was the point guard (until he lost the starting job to Geoff Goss) and Marty Wall was the best 7' fan favorite ever.

4) When you watch “the Decade of Excellence” do you get misty? Real men never cry...(except when I see the Calvary tip-in highlight).

5) Why are you a Zags fan? Have been since I attended a Gonzaga team camp in high school. Fitz was cursing and teaching shooting drills and I've never looked back. Loved Fitz, loved the style of play, the institutional values of both the school and the program. The program hasn't changed those values as it's gotten bigger and better.

3 players define why I'm a Zag fan; Mark Spink (effort against Madsen in the tourney is Zag legend), Ryan Floyd (walk on from a small town in Eastern Washington and ended up playing on 3 tourney teams that went sweet 16 or further), Pendo (no explanation needed).

Bonus: According to Delta SkyMiles, I've come 8,570 miles to be available to attend this game...just thought I'd throw that in .

Comment

Working...
                              X