A sequence from Sacre

Block
    Feed inside for the jam
    Block
    Feed inside for the jam
    Block
    Feed inside for the jam + 1
    Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama
  • Nevtelen
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MedZag View Post
    Block
    Feed inside for the jam
    Block
    Feed inside for the jam
    Block
    Yeah that sealed the game. Nice sequence.

Comment

• gamagin
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

+1

Block
      Feed inside for the jam
      Block
      Feed inside for the jam
      Block
      good diagnosis !
      Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
      Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
      Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• Hoopaholic
        • Mar 2008

was big at the end, but though he looked real tired throughout the game I thought....he was walking many times down the court.....the OK state and travel seemed to affect him more than anyone...even his seals were soft as he was back to standing up instead of getting his butt down.....

bottom line though he sucked it up and gave us some very very important sequence of defense at the end.
        The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Therunner
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by gamagin View Post
          good diagnosis !
          and prognosis!

BIG Rob saved the day.

Comment

• DZ
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2007

I think he would have had a bigger role if the game were not called so "weirdly" in the first half. ACC refs'n all. I think he was terrified to breath, he got called for blocking on a play when Meech was bringing it up and he had been standing in the same spot all the way up the floor, never seen that before.
            Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
            Mark Twain.

Comment

• Nevtelen
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
              I think he would have had a bigger role if the game were not called so "weirdly" in the first half. ACC refs'n all. I think he was terrified to breath, he got called for blocking on a play when Meech was bringing it up and he had been standing in the same spot all the way up the floor, never seen that before.
              I do think that was some of it. After some of the calls, I think he just didn't have any idea what he'd done wrong (and neither did I, frankly).

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                was big at the end, but though he looked real tired throughout the game I thought....he was walking many times down the court.....the OK state and travel seemed to affect him more than anyone...even his seals were soft as he was back to standing up instead of getting his butt down.....

bottom line though he sucked it up and gave us some very very important sequence of defense at the end.
                agree...his hands aren't the same when he's tired either...whose are? but he sucked it up and punched it out down the stretch big time after having an off game up to that point. Rob's heart made a difference down the stretch,kept fighting, made the plays when they were needed...beautiful!

Comment

• zaguarxj
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                  He moved his feet...

After the guy ran into him and knocked him off balance.

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2008

RS playing like the big man we knew he had potential to be, even saw what looked pretty close to being a sky hook. Keep it going
                    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• BobZag
                      Dark Lord of the Zag
                      • Jan 2007

Block
                      Feed inside for the jam
                      Block
                      Feed inside for the jam
                      Block
                      That's a prescription worthy of my pal MDABE.
                      The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• UberZagFan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Rob's play was key when the offense was struggling badly following Gray's 3 at the 8 something minute mark. The ability for GU to go inside late in a game where the other team cuts into a lead is a nice luxury.

As for the first half foul where Meech went around him, there were much much much worse calls/non-calls. Watch the replay, Rob moved into the defender's path -- just slightly but still enough to knock into the defender.
                        If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

Working...
                        X