• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GUDan07
    Kennel Club
    • Sep 2009

First half fouls

Is anyone else scratching their heads on most of these foul calls in the first half? It seems like half of the fouls have had little or no contact whatsoever.

It really, really hurts us when we go from a game where almost nothing is called (OK State) to one where everything is called. Reffing inconsistentcy is a serious problem.

Comment

• Therunner
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2007

I thought the possession where Elias was whistled for a complete phantom foul followed by Keita getting hammered on a break-away dunk and NO call was a microcosm of this game.

Gray, Elias, Sacre, Meech = all w/ 2 fouls each

Of course our TO's aren't helping the cause, but these officials are just bad -- for the game of basketball.

Comment

• Therunner
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2007

Something doesn't quite add up---

Gonzaga shooting 54%

Wake shooting 32%

We're up only 1pt?!

I guess our 10 turnovers and 15 first-half fouls are the primary reasons.

Comment

• ZagMania
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Feb 2007

We have a bunch more points in the paint, while they've attempted almost double the amount of threes... and yet they have the free throw advantage.

Comment

• Therunner
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2007

most poorly officiated contest I've ever watched.

inconsistent, senseless, and random fouls -- for both squads.

Just a terrible job by the refs today.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

the 2nd half has been much better...

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

ok...i take that last post back...call on sacre trying to post up is bs...

Comment

• RockandRollJames
                  Kennel Club
                  • Feb 2010

You are right. There have been a lot of inconsistent, phantom fouls. Both sides can complain.

Comment

• ZagMania
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Feb 2007

Gray's 4th really hurt us, and the only contact was the WF player's off elbow smacking him in the face. With Gray out our offense stalled. I'm not a fan of Stockton and Meech in at the same time. I'd rather replace one of them with Arop, not enough scoring with both of them in.

Comment

• MickMick
                      Zag for Life
                      • Apr 2007

Zags needed to encounter and overcome/adjust to a little homerism. It is what good teams do and why the whines by OSU fans carry little weight with me. They didn't adjust.

It is invaluable experience for the team to face. Zag depth really shines in such situations as well.
                      I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• gamagin
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

+1

Originally posted by MickMick View Post
                        Zags needed to encounter and overcome/adjust to a little homerism. It is what good teams do and why the whines by OSU fans carry little weight with me. They didn't adjust.

It is invaluable experience for the team to face. Zag depth really shines in such situations as well.
                        whatever doesn't kill us really does make us stronger. Once we made some (scoring) distance between ourselves & WF, the refs became insignificant. as they should be.
                        Last edited by gamagin; 01-02-2011, 04:36 PM.
                        Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                        Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                        Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                          • Mar 2008

good teams adjust and overcome
                          average teams dont adjust or overcome
                          poor teams whine and cry and do the same thing next game

we are becoming a GOOD team no matter what is thrown at us at this point of the season
                          The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• UberZagFan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Therunner View Post
                            I guess our 10 turnovers and 15 first-half fouls are the primary reasons.
                            Yes, but 3 or 4 of those turnovers could easily have been called fouls on WF such as the time EH took it to the hoop was fouled by two different players and loses the ball out of bounds for TO. There were several of those types of plays in the first half.
                            If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• john montana
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Worst officiated game this year. Ty woods grabbed ko by the shoulders and pulled him out ot the way with twelve or so left...ref was 3 ft from them on the baseline and no calls it. Next time up the floor same ref calls a touch foul. Horrible job by those officials.
                              john montana
                              http://carponthefly.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X