PDA

View Full Version : Meehan's S-R pregame article

BobZag
01-01-2011, 04:08 PM
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2011/jan/01/quick-turnaround-gonzaga/

Back with my game preview of Sunday's GU-Wake Forest game. The Demon Deacons are struggling, but they have been pretty efficient offensively (45.8% FG, 42.6% 3-pointers, 75.9% FT), but they averaged nearly five more turnovers per game than assists. Wake opponents are also scoring nearly 75 points per game.

Turn them over and play harrassing D.

JPtheBeasta
01-01-2011, 04:18 PM
That 3-point % is scary...

DixieZag
01-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Everything scares me about this game. The travel, the emotional victory from last game, a new found confidence that may lead to complacency, WF getting hot at the right time.

But, I think that our team is thinking that none of the prior wins mean anything unless they finish their business tomorrow. All they have to look at is tomorrow's game, then a week to prepare for conference. There is also a revenge factor, especially for an up and coming player named Elias Harris whom I am pretty sure remembers last year.

I think we will win, a little closer than most of us would want, but there has to be some lag.

CaliforniaZaggin'
01-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Adversity can help yield greater focus. Zags know this game will be a tough one, and I expect they'll come ready to play tomorrow morning.

fedwayzag
01-01-2011, 05:05 PM
So no one mentions Hyland leaving the team? Wish him the best.

LynetteG
01-01-2011, 07:20 PM
So no one mentions Hyland leaving the team? Wish him the best.

there's an entire thread on it....