PDA

View Full Version : Casto: I'm outa here.

jbslicer
06-02-2007, 03:42 AM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2003731563_franklin02.html

JAGzag
06-02-2007, 04:55 AM
It's been awhile since I've lived in or near WA - is this considered a "move up?" His third school in 4 years of HS seems a little suspicious. This would certainly worry me if I was a college coach.

Zagdawg
06-02-2007, 07:42 AM
I wish him well where ever he goes--Hopefully he and his family finds what they are looking for.

gamagin
06-02-2007, 09:34 AM
that's an amazing story.

deathchina
06-02-2007, 09:42 AM
"It's been awhile since I've lived in or near WA - is this considered a "move up?" His third school in 4 years of HS seems a little suspicious. This would certainly worry me if I was a college coach.

Somehow I doubt a family with 15 kids would uproot just so a guy could play basketball at a different high school.

BobZag
06-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Asked if Casto was recruited by Franklin, she said: "Absolutely not! Absolutely not!"

What'd Shakespeare say about protesting too loudly? Just a wee bit too much here, methinks.

LargeWilliam
06-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Now Bob, you know Coach Kerr would never do such a thing.

gamagin
06-02-2007, 10:02 AM
"In my defense your honor, I thought the cop was a prostitute."

mtzaga
06-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Wanted: 16-bedroom, 6-bath rancher in the Franklin School District.

BobZag
06-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Now Bob, you know Coach Kerr would never do such a thing.

lol. LW, I'm sure I don't know what you mean. :D I do feel for my friend Don Van Lierop, however. But if it means more peace of mind for Don, it's a good thing.

MDABE80
06-02-2007, 10:59 AM
On a nurses salary, I wonder how she'll find a nice 16 bedroom place in Seattle (;) ).....oh right. Good post Mtzaga....which does bring up a whole series of questions.

Madcowz
06-03-2007, 12:15 AM
for sure takes a burden of van lierops shoulders... between the kid cussing out teachers, and getting on teachers' computers and trying to change his grades,, more trouble than he's worth haha

edit: and oh yeah of course he was recruited, siva was calling him every day about it, kerr is a scumbag, why else would he go to an inner city seattle school, even if he is moving to seattle..

i hope franklin and ferris meet in the tournament again next year, expect a similar outcome as 2007

CDC84
06-03-2007, 10:59 AM
for sure takes a burden of van lierops shoulders... between the kid cussing out teachers, and getting on teachers' computers and trying to change his grades,, more trouble than he's worth haha

It's no great secret that Casto has some issues he needs to sort out.

RebornZag
06-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I think we need to be careful to judge Castro for attending 3 different schools while in high school. I think more people do it then we may be aware of. I just read this morning in the newspaper that Greg Oden also attended 3 different high schools. I think everyone knows who Greg Oden is, right?

SunDevilGolfZag
06-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Agreed woith Reborn -- should not be quick to judge family situations. On a side note, I believe Casto has a younger brother who played at Freeman this past year. I wonder if he will also attend Franklin.

Zag 77
06-03-2007, 02:15 PM
The Ferris kids in my neighborhood say he has serious academic problems.

Maybe the transfer is academically related? Does Franklin have some sort of special programming for kids to beef up their academic skills?

Madcowz
06-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Agreed woith Reborn -- should not be quick to judge family situations. On a side note, I believe Casto has a younger brother who played at Freeman this past year. I wonder if he will also attend Franklin.

older brother, and he is graduating and attending idaho for football...

ZagNut08
06-04-2007, 08:43 AM
I think we need to be careful to judge Castro for attending 3 different schools while in high school. I think more people do it then we may be aware of. I just read this morning in the newspaper that Greg Oden also attended 3 different high schools. I think everyone knows who Greg Oden is, right?

or micah downs

finechina2003
06-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Don't jump to any conclusions. First, no family with fifteen children would pack up and move to accomodate one child's high school basketball career. About ten years ago my family had the opportunity to spend an afternoon at the Casto's home. All I can say is ... Incredible! Stacy and Duane have incredibly large hearts. How many people do you know that have adopted 12 children and have a total of 15? Almost all of the children were hard to place children and were in desperate need of a home. I take Stacy and Duane at their word for the reason for the relocation. Obviously a good basketball school for DeAngelo is a consideration, but definitely not the driving force in making such a monumental decision. I wish DeAngelo and all of the Casto's all the best in their move.

Madcowz
06-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Don't jump to any conclusions. First, no family with fifteen children would pack up and move to accomodate one child's high school basketball career. About ten years ago my family had the opportunity to spend an afternoon at the Casto's home. All I can say is ... Incredible! Stacy and Duane have incredibly large hearts. How many people do you know that have adopted 12 children and have a total of 15? Almost all of the children were hard to place children and were in desperate need of a home. I take Stacy and Duane at their word for the reason for the relocation. Obviously a good basketball school for DeAngelo is a consideration, but definitely not the driving force in making such a monumental decision. I wish DeAngelo and all of the Casto's all the best in their move.

his parents are divorcing and his mom wants to take him to seattle... his dad thinks otherwise, and the newspapers are only talking to his mom.... this move is not final. this story is not over

dpouley
06-06-2007, 12:37 PM
his parents are divorcing and his mom wants to take him to seattle... his dad thinks otherwise, and the newspapers are only talking to his mom.... this move is not final. this story is not over

He is practicing and playing with the Franklin team right now. Seems pretty definitive.

jbslicer
06-06-2007, 01:05 PM
What about finishing out the semester at Ferris?