PDA

View Full Version : Your ESPN2 Announcers For Oklahoma State/Gonzaga will be.....

CDC84
12-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Dave Flemming and Sean Farham

http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/122910aaa.html

BobZag
12-30-2010, 10:59 AM
I like these guys.

Once and Future Zag
12-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Strange streak: this makes two years in a row that we've played basically the last NCAA game of a calendar year.

Zag4Hire
12-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Strange streak: this makes two years in a row that we've played basically the last NCAA game of a calendar year.

National audience and no other team on the West Coast has been consistent enough to garner interest nationwide? That's my guess.

gamagin
12-30-2010, 02:02 PM
National audience and no other team on the West Coast has been consistent enough to garner interest nationwide? That's my guess.

The Zags offer the country a chance to watch the perennial little guy take on "The Man." And they've seen it happen before with this team. Lots of times. So the interest is there. So is the possibility.

It's like watching "It's a wonderful Life," realizing, however, that unlike the show, you don't always get to know the ending, no matter how hard you wish you did.

zaguarxj
12-30-2010, 02:08 PM
San Diego State

BobZag
12-30-2010, 02:18 PM
It's like watching "It's a wonderful Life," realizing, however, that unlike the show, you don't always get to know the ending, no matter how hard you wish you did.

Uncle Billy forgets where the money is while the Zags forget where the ball is. You're right!

gamagin
12-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Uncle Billy forgets where the money is while the Zags forget where the ball is. You're right!

my iteration:

Uncle Billy (BZ) frets about losing the money while the Zag (MDAbe) forgets where all the money came from to begin with.

(Now) You're right!

rijman
12-30-2010, 03:35 PM
This thread reminded me of last years game and the delay for the broken backboard. I was at a party following the scoreboard on my iphone and I was getting frustrated because the game clock stopped for a long time. I thought something was wrong with my phone or the feed. I finally snuck off to a tv and tuned in during the delay to find out what happened. I thought that game was going to go over into the next year.

ID ZAGFAN
12-30-2010, 03:44 PM
This thread reminded me of last years game and the delay for the broken backboard. I was at a party following the scoreboard on my iphone and I was getting frustrated because the game clock stopped for a long time. I thought something was wrong with my phone or the feed. I finally snuck off to a tv and tuned in during the delay to find out what happened. I thought that game was going to go over into the next year.

It darn near did. We were there--the game was delayed 55 minutes. After the game, we walked to the Red Lion, and went to the bar to eat dinner. As dinner was served the bells started clanging for the New Year. ANd our original reservations had been for 9:30!!

ZaGranny

kclubfounder
12-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Zaguarxj, the consistency needed to happen prior to 2010.

I am happy with these announcers, and we should get a much bigger than normal audience in the east - a 10 PM start on New Years Eve when we are the only game is awesome. There isn't even a bowl game during that time slot.

BobZag
12-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Zaguarxj, the consistency needed to happen prior to 2010.

I am happy with these announcers, and we should get a much bigger than normal audience in the east - a 10 PM start on New Years Eve when we are the only game is awesome. There isn't even a bowl game during that time slot.

But will anyone who watches it on New Year's Eve remember it? :cheers:

kclubfounder
12-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Perhaps it will be kind of like the movie "Inception", but in the recesses of one's mind the memory of the Zag game will exist, even on New Year's Eve.