42 Josh Heytvelt Forward 6-11 238 RS JR

31 Abdullahi Kuso Forward 6-9 228 RS SR

2 Jeremy Pargo Guard 6-2 219 JR

25 David Pendergraft Guard 6-6 223 SR

Robert Sacre Center 7-0 255 FR

11 Andrew Sorenson Guard 6-2 175 RS JR

BoltZag
06-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the roster f1d. Anyone care to provide a quick recap of the schedule (as it stands) since we're looking forward to the upcoming season?

former1dog
06-01-2007, 08:27 PM
My "finishing" five:

Pargo
Bouldin
Downs
Pendo
Heytvelt

GonzagaLove
06-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Those are five guys I would take on the court any day! God I can't wait! This is such an awful time of year.

Nevtelen
06-01-2007, 10:49 PM
I notice they have Giacoletti on there now as well. In some ways, I think he could really be the x-factor next year - how much his coaching changes the team's style and exection.

ZagNative
06-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the roster f1d. Anyone care to provide a quick recap of the schedule (as it stands) since we're looking forward to the upcoming season?

The following is a list of OOC games, based mostly on rumors I've read on the board, with links where I found them:

UConn (http://www.game-seven.com/hof2007.html), at Boston, 12/01/07
Georgia (http://www.georgiadogs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=40733&SPID=3593&DB_OEM_ID=8800&ATCLID=723568), Spokane Arena (game 4 of 4 game series)
Great Alaska Shootout (http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=61085&SPID=6647&DB_OEM_ID=13400&ATCLID=698821) 11/20-24 (Alaska-Anchorage, Texas Tech, Michigan, Liberty, Western KY, Butler - Wash. State pulled out)
Memphis (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2853904), at Memphis Fed-Ex 01/19/2008
Wash. St, in K2
UNLV? Battle in Seattle (Rumor seen on the GU board but no place else)
Virginia, Spokane
Alabama, in K2, for College Game Day - Anyone know anything more, fact or fiction?
St. Joe's, @ Hawk Hill

GonzagaGurl08
06-02-2007, 05:58 AM
Don't forget our other walk-on Jordan Mast. I believe that his possible departure for next season is still up in the air. I can't wait until they update all of the height and weight info. We have some good talent in the next few years, and what's even scarier is the size and strength. Here's to hoping we have the best GU basketball seasons ever in the upcoming years.

RebornZag
06-02-2007, 10:32 AM
That's a very nice schedule with a lot of diversity which is something I'm sure Few wants. Talk about some nice games. We've got Georgia coming out West to Spokane. That will be a great game. We all remember how that game (and the one with WSU) seemed to change our season. Georgia loses Stukes, but has most of their team back. Kind of like us. They play a style of basketball that's fun to watch, imo.

Well, WSU coming to K2 this year will be great. Is it payback time?

I also think that the UCONN game will be great because of our history with them. I also know that their coach doesn't like playing tough OCC games, and hopfully we'll give him one more reason for not liking them. It's back East so that def. gives them an advantage which I'm sure he's enjoying. Both teams have great programs and both teams were down last year. They will be very, very tough I'm sure.

I'd love to have UNLV come out West to Seattle. They are a very tough team once again, and it'd help us to play against their kind of toughness.

Playing Texas Tech or Butler in the Great Alaska Shootout would be great as well. I doubt we'll play 'em both, but we certainly have something to give back to them next year. I'd love to play Tech because of the greatness of Bob Knight, and how they put us out of the NCAA a few years ago (and talk about lucky...how lucky could a team be in that one game).

Virginia coming to K2 will also be a pleasure to watch. Last year's game with them was definately one of the most humiliating losses in recent GU history (alongside of our loss to Illinois a few years ago). Thank God Singleterry will be gone. That guy had our number. And I always love playing ACC teams.

Memphis will def be a very very tough game, and especially there. It will be a great berometer for us, as our game with them last year was for them. They've been in the Elite 8 two years in a row now, and some are predicting them to be the winner of it all next year...so this will be a great game.

I think Alabama at K2 would be great....but a lot of doubt surrounds this one.

I like the fact that we have a lot of games at home next year. Boy did last years schedule ever suck........

CDC84
06-02-2007, 10:39 AM
UConn, at Boston, 12/01/07
Georgia, Spokane Arena (game 4 of 4 game series)
Great Alaska Shootout 11/20-24 (Alaska-Anchorage, Texas Tech, Michigan, Liberty, Western KY, Butler - Wash. State pulled out)
Memphis, at Memphis Fed-Ex 01/19/2008
Wash. St, in K2
UNLV? Battle in Seattle (Rumor seen on the GU board but no place else)
Virginia, Spokane
Alabama, in K2, for College Game Day - Anyone know anything more, fact or fiction?
St. Joe's, @ Hawk Hill

First off, I believe Jordan Mast is gone. I wish he were at Gonzaga though. He was one of the best walk ons in the country, but I don't blame him for going to a place where he can get a ride. He had a few D-1 offers coming out of HS. It'll be interesting to find out where he ends up.

The BiS opponent is still up in the air. No UNLV.

The Virginia series is over.

Alabama is not coming to K2, and it's doubtful that Gameday is as well.

There is a chance that GU and Oklahoma State will sign up for a 4 game series, with the first game being in Stillwater this season.

I believe Montana and Idaho are coming to K2.

More to come......and don't expect the schedule to be finalized anytime soon....

Lastly, I would advise people to take the weights of the GU players on that roster with a grain of salt. Foster is something like 40-50 pounds heavier than his listed weight. Davis is at 210 or so, etc.

P.S. = I bet Brown chooses #50, Daye #5 and Gray #32. Don't know about Sacre.

BoltZag
06-02-2007, 11:01 AM
More to come......and don't expect the schedule to be finalized anytime soon....

I don't think anyone expects it to be finalized soon, since it wasn't released until late October last year.

sittingon50
06-02-2007, 12:44 PM
CDC, my guess is that Robert may pull a fast one & choose something metric!;)

ZagNative
06-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Yup, Alabama for College Gameday definitely a no-go, if this listing of College Gameday sites from Wiki is correct: ESPN BB College Gameday (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_GameDay_(basketball))

Also, yup, UNLV at BIS definitely unfounded rumor: UNLV's Non-Conference Schedule (http://unlvrebels.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/060107aad.html)

So what we've got so far looks like this?

Great Alaska Shootout 11/20-24 (Alaska-Anchorage, Texas Tech, Michigan, Liberty, Western KY, Butler - Wash. State pulled out)
Wash. St, in K2
Unknown opponent - Battle in Seattle
St. Joe's, @ Hawk Hill
Montana, K2
Idaho, K2
Oklahoma State???, @ Stillwater

BobZag
06-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Yup, Alabama for College Gameday definitely a no-go, if this listing of College Gameday sites from Wiki is correct: ESPN BB College Gameday (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_GameDay_(basketball))

Also, yup, UNLV at BIS definitely unfounded rumor: UNLV's Non-Conference Schedule (http://unlvrebels.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/060107aad.html)

So what we've got so far looks like this?

Wash. St, in K2
Unknown opponent - Battle in Seattle
St. Joe's, @ Hawk Hill
Montana, K2
Idaho, K2
Oklahoma State???, @ Stillwater

Portland State, K2

We have more home games but, per usual, GU keeps these things secret for as long as possible. Usually we find out from articles about other schools. It should be a much more manageable schedule this next season.

ZagNative
06-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Portland State, K2

We have more home games but, per usual, GU keeps these things secret for as long as possible. Usually we find out from articles about other schools. It should be a much more manageable schedule this next season.

Sigh ... The good news and the bad news - much more manageable ... but much less exciting?

BobZag
06-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Sigh ... The good news and the bad news - much more manageable ... but much less exciting?

I'm sure hoping not but, alas, I hear ya. Thus far WSU is really the only good home game (in K2). Let us hope that those home games we don't know about yet are better than PSU. :)

ZagNative
06-02-2007, 05:06 PM
I know we don't play Georgia in K2, but what do you expect for that game? Redemption, I hope?

Zag79
06-04-2007, 02:07 AM
I believe Montana and Idaho are coming to K2.
Portland State, K2
glad to see we are getting better quality home opponents for our tix $!