PDA

View Full Version : OT: Patience at IU, UConn vs Pitt

BobZag
12-27-2010, 04:28 PM
How long does a basketball power with a storied history give a good coach like Tom Crean to rebuild and return the program to relevency again? Is this the last year, or will Indiana remain patient?

And who else is looking forward to UConn at Pitt tonight? Something's gotta give here.

LynetteG
12-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Is this the last year, or will Indiana remain patient?

i am guessing the last year...

RenoZag
12-27-2010, 08:03 PM
UConn's one man show( K. Walker ) was no match tonight for Pitt's team.

MickMick
12-27-2010, 08:04 PM
So am I assume that the Big East conference schedule has officially begun?

Will be interesting to see how Notre Dame and Marquette fare.

I personally believe that both of those teams are better than Illinois and Baylor.

MDABE80
12-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Indiana will wait longer for two big reasons:
1. There's nobody else to find. Vrean is their guy. It'll take 5 years.#2 is why...
2. Butler: gradually taking Indiana players. The kids there now don't remeber the grand days of Indiana. They know Butler's superior for the past 3 years. Lots of TV and plenty of good pub for Butler. Just not so with Indiana.

deathchina
12-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Indiana signed 5 star 2011 post Cody Zeller and Indiana's 2012 class is shaping up to be one of the best in the country (2 5 stars and a 4 star). They'll be fine.

Butler doesn't recruit at that level.

thespywhozaggedme
12-27-2010, 10:06 PM
How long does a basketball power with a storied history give a good coach like Tom Crean to rebuild and return the program to relevency again? Is this the last year, or will Indiana remain patient?

And who else is looking forward to UConn at Pitt tonight? Something's gotta give here.

Still can't believe that Zeller kid picked IU over Butler; maybe Cam Newton's dad negotiated the deal. :p

1973Zag
12-28-2010, 04:57 AM
Crean had to clean up what had become a dirty program. Most IU fans know that and are tolerant. Next years class should help. Cream is a plus for any programj

thickman1
12-28-2010, 04:57 AM
Still can't believe that Zeller kid picked IU over Butler; maybe Cam Newton's dad negotiated the deal. :p

Whoa...that's not fair. Newton's a football guy. They probably gave Kelvin Sampson a call (or texted him) to set things up...

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-28-2010, 05:52 AM
Crean had to clean up what had become a dirty program. Most IU fans know that and are tolerant. Next years class should help. Cream is a plus for any programj

IU fans are less tolerant of shady practices than fans of some programs. I was surprised that they were willing to take a chance on Kelvin Sampson. I doubt that they will take a chance on another coach with a checkered past after the problems he brought them.

For all of his faults, Bob Knight graduated players and more of less played by the NCAA's rules. The Hoosier fanbase expects that from their program.

BobZag
12-28-2010, 08:45 AM
So am I assume that the Big East conference schedule has officially begun?

Will be interesting to see how Notre Dame and Marquette fare.

I personally believe that both of those teams are better than Illinois and Baylor.

Marquette has an ooc game soon at Vanderbilt. I'm hoping Marquette wins.

Colbyspapa
12-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Zeller's recruitment alone gave him another two years. IU will be in the top 25 next year. Great incoming freshman class and flashes of brilliance this year.

Crean is a good, clean coach. IU wants the total package and they will get it.