PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Intentional Foul

ZagMania
12-22-2010, 07:27 PM
I find it odd that Goodson doesn't get to shoot free throws for the shooting foul on top of the intentional foul.

But what I really wanted to mention is its a joke that Harris got ejected for the elbow while boxing out against WF last year but that foul where they tried to take Meech's head off in the air isn't. I'm not even saying that he should be ejected, because I don't think Harris should have last year but that was much, much more malicious.

webspinnre
12-22-2010, 07:46 PM
I made the exact same point to my wife. Much more dangerous play on Meech than on the WF idiot. Not that the X player should've been tossed, but that Elias never should've been.

Hoopaholic
12-22-2010, 08:08 PM
we were screwed out of 2 free throws

Goodson should have shot 2 free throws for in the act of shooting

Then

We should have had carter shooting the 2 free throws for intentional foul

Then have the ball

Exact same play as what occured in Mizzou vs Illinois

ZagNut08
12-22-2010, 08:08 PM
I thought the NCAA was cracking down on blatant contact above the shoulders this season...

I mentioned something similar in the game thread...at the end of the mizzou illini game play got fouled during a layup.

Made the layup - 2 pts
Intention FTs - 2 pts
Possesion Provided - 2 pts

6 pt play that all but decided the game...I don't get why Meech doesn't get FTs either?

Once and Future Zag
12-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Is there some sort of scheduled clotheslining of a GU player every year?

Steven had one last year...

Pargo the year before...

NEC26
12-22-2010, 08:12 PM
we were screwed out of 2 free throws

Goodson should have shot 2 free throws for in the act of shooting

Then

We should have had carter shooting the 2 free throws for intentional foul

Then have the ball

Exact same play as what occured in Mizzou vs Illinois

I think your right here. Meech should have been shooting 2 shots plus we get the ball.

Hoopaholic
12-22-2010, 08:14 PM
blown call plain and simple and no one on GU bench caught it.

In act of shooting you get your two shots.

Intentional Foul you get 2 shots and ball.

Double technical washes out no shots, team fouls and personal fouls assessed

NEC26
12-22-2010, 08:18 PM
blown call plain and simple and no one on GU bench caught it.

In act of shooting you get your two shots.

Intentional Foul you get 2 shots and ball.

Double technical washes out no shots, team fouls and personal fouls assessed

Yeah, Meech should have been shooting four foul shots there and then we get the ball. Not sure what was going on there.

Hoopaholic
12-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Meech should have shot his 2 for being fouled in act of shooting.

Coach picks who shoots intentional, not mandatory for the person who was fouled to shoot those....so it could have been carter shooting the intentional fouls shots

Then we should get ball.....simply blown call and hope the missed 2 points doesnt hurt us

ZagLawGrad
12-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Meech = TOUGH

john montana
12-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Thug play. He made absolutely no attempt to play the ball and simply took a free shot on meech.

ZagMania
12-22-2010, 09:43 PM
At the end of the game when that guy fell while doubling Rob, I wish they went to the monitor to see if they needed to call a flagrant foul, saw the guy flop and tossed him out of the game. That was straight up embarrassing to watch.

I'm not sure what more a team could do to make you like them less in a single game, try to decapitate a player in the air on a fast break then completely fake taking an elbow and fall to the ground, classy Xavier!

duper
12-22-2010, 09:43 PM
It is not two separate fouls. The intentional foul was called on the foul on Meech so 2 shots and the ball is awarded. I saw no play on the ball which very easily could have resulted in an ejection. I think it looked worse in slow mo than in real time but that from my couch so I got to see it multiple times.

EngineerZag
12-22-2010, 10:03 PM
It's kinda strange but I think the refs had it right.

If it's a regular foul on a missed shot, two shots are awarded and the defensive team then takes possession of the ball if the second one is made.

If it's an intentional foul on a missed shot, two shots are awarded and the offensive team takes possession of the the ball no matter what.

If it's an intentional foul on a made shot, the basket counts plus two shots are awarded and the offensive team takes possession of the ball.

zagirl2k
12-22-2010, 10:05 PM
I credit Carter with an assist in getting Meech out of there before he took a swing at someone. It was a bizarre sequence to come back and have Carter shooting free throws. Luckily it didn't end up coming down to a possession or two where that might have mattered.

zagzilla
12-22-2010, 10:08 PM
So why did Carter shoot the FT's then? Shouldn't it have been Meech since he got fouled?

greenlakesteve
12-22-2010, 10:13 PM
on intentional it is the coaches choice

U Zig, I Zag
12-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Carter shot, we took the ball right? If I remember corectly.

The T's were a wash but we had possesion, so Few got to choose the shooter. Or, and frankly it wouldn't suprise me, the ref's thought Carter got clubbed.

Also, I dont think the X kid meant any harm, you want to foul there (if that is the intent) and get arm/ball. I think he swung like he was going to get just arm/ball but Meech went up higher/faster than he thought. Happens so fast.