PDA

View Full Version : Go To Specialty

sonuvazag
06-01-2007, 10:57 AM
New Hypothetical:
What is our key players' specialty play in a go-to situation?

I'll start with:

Micah Downs:
Since he can drain it with ease from 25ft from the corners... isolate him way out there and let the clock run... probably he can jab step and just shoot over the defender, but if a tall enough defender meets him aggressively that for from the basket, bring Pendo over with 7 seconds to go for a pick and pop.

MickMick
06-01-2007, 10:59 AM
New Hypothetical:
What is our key players' specialty play in a go-to situation?

I'll start with:

Micah Downs:
Since he can drain it with ease from 25ft from the corners... isolate him way out there and let the clock run... probably he can jab step and just shoot over the defender, but if a tall enough defender meets him aggressively that for from the basket, bring Pendo over with 7 seconds to go for a pick and pop.

I think this will be the bread and butter play. I don't believe anyone on the team can set a pick as well as Pendo. He will be creating shots for Downs all night long. One of the reasons (I think) that Pendo will be getting alot of playing time and possibly a starting job.

jpwils
06-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Agree with earlier posters on Pendo- whether or not a starter probably always a finisher due to multiple skillset of setting a good pick and
being able to make the jumper on the pick n pop.

Also can see Downs either taking the jumper or slashing to the hoop
often in crunch time minutes.

Pargo, if rested and out of foul trouble, can easily be visualized
penetrating and either taking the final shot or dishing to an open teammate.

Heytvelt seems to have a variety of moves.

But what does the rest of the board see as specialties of Daye, Davis,
Bouldin( visions of North Carolina game are popping up), Gray, Brown,
Sacre, Foster( baby hook shot?), Kuso( pick n roll and tip ins?)??

Zag79
06-04-2007, 01:31 AM
Micah Downs:

one reason that play will work even better is that up until now most people have only seen MD hit the bombs. with the ball in his hands much more next season i think his slashing game and dunks will impress and create even mroe space to shoot those nba daggers.

for josh, let him play his game and stick the other bigs in the post. go to work heyt!

for pargo, clear out! :D