PDA

View Full Version : The Zags playing at K2 for next 3 games and

Reborn
12-20-2010, 12:40 PM
they are important games. The Zags finally come home to play, and two of them (Xavier and Oklahoma St) are against top 50 teams. I believe that inside the Zags collective spirit, there is a feeling of excitement amongst the Zags. I know it gets lonely on the road, and i know its really tough to play in a house that is packed with mad, fanatical people screaming against and at you the whole game. The road wears you down.

The win against Baylor is bringing the boys home with a feeling of confidence, joy and renewal. I am sure that the Zags feel that they have been a disappointment to many fans, and I believe that they are returning to K2 to rebuild that faith from their fans.

I just hope that the fans come to the game on Wednesday to cheer the behinds off, and to give the Zags all the support that they will need to beat Xavier. The Zags know that this is a huge game, and in some ways more important then the win over Baylor. If we get beat by Xavier, the victory over Baylor will certainly be less signifcant. The team needs to be energaized by the fans; so lets all go out and support the Zags Wednesday. And lets make a committment to make some noise...................

ZagHouse
12-20-2010, 12:50 PM
I know alum and everyday fan support should be huge for Xavier, but with students on break, should there be any worries about the Kennel Club being empty a la Portland State a few years back?

U Zig, I Zag
12-20-2010, 01:42 PM
I know alum and everyday fan support should be huge for Xavier, but with students on break, should there be any worries about the Kennel Club being empty a la Portland State a few years back?

You can't mention Portland State! I think we should just say 'we dare not speak its name.'

As for Wed... I sure hope not. Prob gets brought up every year around this time, but can't they just give away/sell the student seats or do they do that and the buyers are just too indifferent to care?

I was at the game that featured that unnamed team. It was quiet and it was straaaange. Can't happen again.

thickman1
12-20-2010, 02:32 PM
There is no reason GU cannot run the table for the rest of the OOC schedule. I think doing so would pretty much guarantee an at-large berth assuming the wheels don't fall off in conference play.

vs Xavier
vs UL - Lafayette
vs Okie State
@ Wake Forest

Time to get up on that wave and ride it into WCC play...

MedZag
12-20-2010, 02:35 PM

Wondering the same thing myself. GU typically "forces students out" of the dorms once finals are over since they don't want to pay staff to run an empty campus, but I'm curious if they extended the deadline to allow students to stay on campus through Wednesday.

EuroZag2010
12-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Wondering the same thing myself. GU typically "forces students out" of the dorms once finals are over since they don't want to pay staff to run an empty campus, but I'm curious if they extended the deadline to allow students to stay on campus through Wednesday.

No they didn't , students are gone already unless they are international students ex Saudi, Germany , Asia

DixieZag
12-20-2010, 03:54 PM
I think they sell tickets to those seats. I was at the game that is not mentioned and there were people in the seats, but 2 major differences. Xavier is not *unnamed team* - which was actually a pretty good Big Sky team, but there was still an aura of "this is an easy one" to that entire game - until the last 2 or 3 minutes. Then it got loud and desperate.

Xavier is not *unnamed* and this team has not earned the right to look past anyone, and should really want to get back on the court and pick up the fun vibe from Dallas. We as fans, certainly know how big a game it is and should be yelling loud and hard as soon as they come out. Let them feel the love, it is not the same w/o the students, but we can still make it loud in a different way.

I expect the arena to feel closer to SDSU than to the *unnamed* game simply b/c the fans know how big these next three are. We have to have this game.

kclubfounder
12-20-2010, 04:26 PM
If you are a Zag fan, whether or not you are a graduate, or over or under the age of 60, or a distinguished businessman, or with your family, or any other description, you MUST take it upon yourself to help the Zags win these next 3 games. And that means being LOUD!!!!

If you are quiet and distinguished while having the privilege to attend a game, then you are weak. I may like you as a person, but I don't like you as a Zag fan.

If you are under the age of 25 then either you go crazy or you $uck. The end.

Reborn
12-20-2010, 04:36 PM
If you are a Zag fan, whether or not you are a graduate, or over or under the age of 60, or a distinguished businessman, or with your family, or any other description, you MUST take it upon yourself to help the Zags win these next 3 games. And that means being LOUD!!!!

If you are quiet and distinguished while having the privilege to attend a game, then you are weak. I may like you as a person, but I don't like you as a Zag fan.

Well said, Kclubfounder, well said. You are my kind of fan. hahaha

DCZag
12-20-2010, 05:10 PM
On that note - if you are planning on being silent on Wed, I'm in town for the holidays and will buy a couple of tickets so I can go scream my brains out.

Reborn
12-20-2010, 05:11 PM
What I notice as I take a look at Xavier is that when they hit the offensive boards they really do well. In the last couple of wins against Wake Forest and Butler they got 19 and 13 offensive boards and dominated the glass in both games. Gonzaga MUST pay attention to boxing out on defense.

Xavier guards (all three: Lyons, Holloway & Jackson) all like to shoot the 3 pt shot and in particular Jackson. Even though they are not a real good 3 pt shooting team right now, against GU, if we don't defend maybe they will shoot well. Their post players do not shoot the 3 ball, which I think is good for Gonzaga because when we have been hurt by the 3 pt shot it has been against teams that have post players who can go outside and hit the 3 (Illinoise, Washington St and Notre Dame). They are more of a 3 pt shooting team than Baylor was but as I said by their guards only.

Xavier can be a real good FT shooting team, but they do not shoot a lot of FT's. They shoot around 20 a game, but I think average around 70%. They did have two games on the road where they shot in the 56% range. I think that so far this year they prefer shooting the 3 ball to going to the line.

Xavier does not turn the ball over a lot, and they get about 8,9 steals a game so we MUST protect the ball. This could be an area of concern for the Zags. However, they do not get a lot of assists which tells me they are still a one on one team on offense. Kind of like the way GU used to be before the Notre Dame game.

Areas to watch for this game are Rebounding and protecting the ball better. We can not give them a lot of points off turnovers. They are not a good shooting team. Move your feet Zags, and DON'T play D with your hands. They are a good foul shooting team so don't make stupid fouls like you have a tendency to do. Play smart and we win this game by ten.

jbslicer
12-20-2010, 05:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This should be printed and taped to all the seats.

willandi
12-20-2010, 06:34 PM
So. With all thats been said, are there tickets available? For the general public?

sittingon50
12-20-2010, 10:30 PM
ESPN2

8 P.M. start

Absolutely no excuses.