PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to game today?

dallaszag
12-18-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm from Spokane. Live in Dallas now. We are headed to game today to support Gonzaga.

Baylor is super good and super athletic. There freshman Jones (6-11) All-American recruit is a stud. Scott Drew has done great things with Baylor over the last couple of years.

Gonzaga needs to defend the three to have any chance today. Can't let Baylor shoot 50% from behind the arc or it will be blowout.

Matchup to watch: LacDarius Dunn-Baylor point guard is 6-4 and shooting over 50 percent behind the arc. Will be touch for Meech to guard on defense-Steven Gray should pick up the assignment. Stay on him and don't give him space from the outside.

Sacre will match up well with Jones. But Jones is more athletic and plays above the rim.

Texas AM and Arkansas have the early game. Baylor and Zags second game. Funny-tickets were going for half-off on ticketmaster. We bought baseline seats for $49.00 a pop. Remember, football is king down here.

Speaking of football-Eastern Washington plays in the national championship football game Jan 7 in the North Dallas suburb of Frisco. We are going to that game as well. Love Eastern Washington representing in Dallas.

Go Zags. Let's get a win today!

I'll have full report and observations after game.

DallasZag.

VaBeachZAG
12-18-2010, 11:43 AM
This has the potential to be the best sports weekend for me in a long time, provided GU takes down Baylor. My other alma mater (EWU) has already done it's part, now it's up to the Zags.

ZagMan in Philly
12-18-2010, 11:44 AM
No i am not, but i did see shawn merrion of the mavericks at the stadium watching the A&M game, so perhaps Dirk N. will be there later to watch his German contingents and root them on...enjoy the game dallaszag.

rijman
12-18-2010, 11:54 AM
I guess Dallas is the place to be for sports right now, unless you are an NFL fan. Just kidding.

I hope you get to see a good Zags performance today.

dallaszag
12-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Big. Big. Win for Gonzaga against #9 team in the Country!!!!

Biggest note from the game--

Zags defended the three!!!

Baylor went 2-12 from behind the arc. Our defensive effort was very noticeable and its started at the top of the key where we started to play defense. Several times I noticed Meech, Gray (before injury) and Carter at the three-point line or beyond not giving the Baylor shooters room.

Finally-good job Mark Few on the defensive play calling.

Crowd was 99% Baylor fans. They had their band, fans and cheerleaders, but Zags did well-especially at the free-throw line.

Meech-good on defense, but WAYYYYYYYYY to many turnovers. He had 8 turnovers for the Zags-tons of traveling calls and forced the inside pass too many times.

Congrats to Marquise Carter-finally stepped up. He hit a big three and had some penetration drives in the second half that kept Gonzaga from losing its
composure. 13 points for Carter in the game. That was Huge!

Zags-be proud of this win. Baylor is very good and could easily with the Big 12 this year with their talent. Could be a nice confidence builder for Carter, which would be nice for the Zags point guard rotation.

I'll report in January from the EWU footballl game in Frisco! Happy Holidays Zag Fans. Always a pleasure to be on the board.

DallasZag.

ZagMan in Philly
12-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Glad we won and you witnessed a victory.
Very proud of our Zags today.
So happy.....:cheers:

fedwayzag
12-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the report Dallas Zag

LynetteG
12-18-2010, 05:15 PM
This has the potential to be the best sports weekend for me in a long time, provided GU takes down Baylor. My other alma mater (EWU) has already done it's part, now it's up to the Zags.

Me, too! Michigan won earlier today! Great day for hoops!