PDA

View Full Version : Should Few consult his coaches more

zag buddy
12-12-2010, 04:36 PM
During the game when the camera is on the bench, I see very little communication going on between the other excellent coaches we have and coach Few. We have assistant coaches who could coach other teams successfully right now. Are they being used. I have great respect for coach Daniels resume yet I do not see him in the picture of coaches when shown on lthe bench. Is it that a coach of his stature has nothing to say-I doubt it. Are we utilizing all of our coaching talent, that is my question.

madness
12-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Most coach consultation happens off the court. The assistant's primary job during the game is to coach up the players on the bench and make specific calls depending on their responsibility.

FuManShoes
12-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Before last night's game I might have agreed with you but they cut to the bench a few times last night and Few was talking to Giacoletti and Daniels. Now, I think they could all be doing a better job but maybe the lumps the team have taken have taught everyone the importance of being on the same page.

One thing I'd like to see is guys using the shot fake more - Gray, Manny and Elias should all be using it to get better shots and open driving lanes. The Irish put on a clinic, as Knight mentioned a few times.

gamagin
12-12-2010, 06:28 PM
complaints on this board have to do with communications (or the lack) of one form or another.

I've not heard anyone complain that there is too much communications, too much understanding and too much teamwork on this year's squad.

So yes, if there is a lack of it, and the WSU game is exhibit A for me, then everyone in the organization needs to talk it through,get to the heart of the matter and reset the commitment to communicating.

and keep talking. And listening to each other as well.

There is no other way forward in any endeavor.

BobZag
12-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Few should consult with me, hondo, gamagin and the cute coed in the 3rd row. All his problems would be solved.