• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrizZAG
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2009

Congratulations!

Great effort tonight. Could have pulled this one off! Very close in a hostile difficult arena. Thanks guys
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!
  • Pargo the Destroyer
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by GrizZAG View Post
    Great effort tonight. Could have pulled this one off! Very close in a hostile difficult arena. Thanks guys
    Wow.

Comment

• HOOTER
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

The ref's stunk tonight, but ultimately no one is at fault but the Zags. I just can't bring myself to congratulate them after yet another loss. They showed some promise so hopefully some congratulations will be in order soon.

Comment

• Horned Frog
        Bulldog Fan
        • Nov 2009

To only lose by 4 away is a lot less depressing than the 20 pts. I assumed it would be when we were down by 10+ halfway through the second half. We will learn a lot from playing these top 25 teams and it will help us come WCC tourney time.

Comment

• CDC84
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

People can gripe and moan all they want, but the Gonzaga Bulldogs played as good as they can possibly play at this stage of the season without Elias Harris being much of a factor. If Elias is Elias, they probably win that game.

Still a lot of silly fouls and turnovers, but lots of good things as well....things they can build upon. Much better performance than Illinois and Wazzu.

The Zags are just not going to win these kind of games until Elias gets it going. I've accepted that as fact. The team is incapable of doing it. Until that happens, what we want to see is the rest of the team showing some sort of fight and improvement. I felt that happened tonight.

Comment

• EuroZag2010
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2010

It's a gut kicker it sucks but the refs gave it to us hard. Our starters looked good all in double figures besides Meech I really loved Mannys game it's something to build upo. If we played like this against wsu we wouldve won . Good effort
            "I'm really excited. I'm excited to wear GONZAGA on my chest.
            -Kevin Pangos-

"You play to win the game, HELLO!?!- I dont care if you have any wins! You play to win the game "-Herm Edwards
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IMk5sMHj58I

Comment

• Sarenyon
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Arop looked good....

They didn't give up when down by 14 and showed good effort, taking advantage of ND tiredness.

Made it close anyway.

Time to learn from this. Better effort, better team play, better all around game, just not enough in a hostile arena.

I have hope. Dissatisfied right now, but hopeful for our next series of games.
              GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• Reborn
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2007

I agree with everything CDC said. I'd like to add that Harris did play a little better, but is still a ways off. I thought Manny Arop was the guy tonight as he was against Marquette. Great effort by Manny and of course Few left him in tonight and let him play.
                Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Pargo the Destroyer
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2008

Carter and Meech, at the same time, spells doom on offense. Elias wouldn't have rescued the team at 100%. Paper champions.

Comment

• McZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

This year is just one bad apple

Glad to see a competitive effort on the road. This one gives me hope of a final winning percentage something north of .500.

This is the worst Zags team we've seen since 1997 sports fans. The 1998 team could beat this year's squad.

If we can all take deep breaths over the next 120 days, next year we will find ourselves back on track.
                    sigpic
                    Gonzaga Basketball
                    Exhibiting Character Since 1907

Comment

• sittingon50
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Hey, I'll congratulate them.

Lot's of obstacles but a really gutty performance.
                      Losses aren't fun but rolling over is worse. These guys battled 'til the end.

But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• CDC84
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Given how little Carter has played this season, I felt he acquitted himself reasonably well tonight. Not a performance to write home about, but he had the ball in his hands an awful lot tonight in a very hostile arena and did okay for the most part. It allowed Steven the chance to play off the ball more.

Comment

• CDC84
                          Super Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Carter and Meech, at the same time, spells doom on offense. Elias wouldn't have rescued the team at 100%. Paper champions.
                          The Zags had a chance to win the game near the end. It wouldn't have taken that much more productivity from Elias to pull it out. It wouldn't have required a heroic effort on his part.

Despite the point guard issues, the Zags shot 53% from the floor, 55% from 3 point territory and 83% from the foul line. It was probably their best offensive game since the first two games of the season. It should also be noted that the team had 20 assists tonight. Also, Carter and Meech, despite their faults, didn't turn the ball over once.

Comment

• jim77
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2007

Still way to many goofy fouls. I'm also perpexed at watching pg's pick up their dribble....Carter did it a couple of times with ONE defender 8 feet away. This is absolutely killing our offensive flow....to put it bluntly, the offense is basically a bunch of one on one shooting. I sure as heck didn't see many assists. If we're gonna do the 1 on 1 thing then MANNY needs more minutes cause he can definately create. We we're also weak going to the boards following our own shots.
                            The closeness of the game was more about what ND didn't do than what we did....its still better than getting pounded I guess.

My positive observation...AND ITS A BIGEE.....Robert was turning and shooting rather than dribbling it.....he also was passing out of the double MUCH MUCH better. Bobby Knight was correct about Rob coming out and picking up a foul near the freethrow line....we simply cannot afford to lose Rob to wasteful fouls. .....this is as big to me as Elias getting healthy.

Comment

• billyberu
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Feb 2007

These guys fought hard tonight. Even though there were many of the same mistakes that have doomed them in other games they never gave up. They need to keep sawing wood.

Since there are fans that are repulsed at the very thought of having a positive thought about the mens basketball team right now and honestly they are idignant about any other fan doing the same I hope they know that there are fans out there who do appreciate their hard-fought efforts even in losing.
                              There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
                              Surfmonkey89

Comment

Working...
                              X