PDA

View Full Version : What are you hoping to see tonight?

Reborn
12-11-2010, 09:03 AM
I love this game, and I'm excited to see it. Im happy just watching this game. I think we'll see a great game, as it should be, and somehow the Zags prevail in a very hostile environment. The agony of recent defeats has somehow inspired the Zags to pull together as a team. Their fire is once again ignited.

A healthier Harris makes the Zags a much better team, and he has a much, much better game tonight. He's not the player he was last year yet, but his performance tonight begins to come closer to what we saw last year. Sacre had a poor outing against WSU, so he should play much better tonight. He finds his fuego and ends up with a double-double.

Gray gets his stroke back, and it seems to ignite our shooters. Even Meech begins to hit a couple from the outside. The Zag shooters finally appear to have found the confidence in their shooting that was missing for so long.

I hope to see better outside shooting and better defense against the 3 pt shoot by Notre Dame.

I hope to see our sharp shooting Ninja shooters having fun tonight. These guys can shoot better than we've seen, and they prove that tonight.

Gonzaga 77
Notre Dame 73

Is this a dream? Or is Gonzaga this good?

ZagLawGrad
12-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Adjusted expectations leads to hope of seeing a smaller dumpster fire than was ignited against WSU

Kong-Kool-Aid
12-11-2010, 09:19 AM
I'm hoping to see passion, fire in the bellies of the team.

They seems way too content letting WSU steamroll them, lets hope they can capture the fire back.

pbriz
12-11-2010, 09:47 AM
-less than 15 turnovers
-hold Notre Dame to under 40% shooting from 3
-Shoot better than 45% from the field
-Better entry passes

Hooray4Daye&Gray
12-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Tons of wide open 3's for Notre Dame all game long.

For us to cover the 3 point line less and less the more they make them.

Especially in situations where a 2 pointer can't hurt us.

And for everyone to collectively forget to cover Hansborough because he's their best player.

And last but not least, for us to hold the ball at the end of the first half for 20 seconds so we can chuck up a 35 footer at the buzzer instead of running a play, knowing that the time keeps running if the ball goes through the hoop.

gamagin
12-11-2010, 10:20 AM
let ND adjust to their game, we give them hell from the getgo, like wsu gave us, and work our game & impose our wills on them.

Over and over. For 40 minutes. And see what happens.

VinnyZag
12-11-2010, 10:26 AM
I'd like to see them relax and play ball.

I'd like to see confidence from the role players like Arop, Olynyk and Mönninghoff.

I'd like to see them play a brand of defense that takes a skilled but not too athletic ND team out of its comfort zone.

I'd like to see them represent the school and the basketball program well on national TV.

If they do all that, I can live with whatever result.

RenoZag
12-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Pride. Hustle. Fight.

Offensive boards wouldn't be a bad thing either. . .

Ezag
12-11-2010, 10:47 AM
I would like to see us compete in a big game!

BroncoZAG615
12-11-2010, 10:49 AM
A win. Don't really care how.

ZagDaddy
12-11-2010, 12:17 PM
I've decided not torture myself with a basketball wish this go around. My only hope is that Few's necktie has a knot slightly smaller than a full grown raccoon. Geez, that thing is usually bigger than his head. I'm just saying...

:jk:

DZ
12-11-2010, 12:26 PM
I want to see them loose. No one expects them to win - so play with nothing to lose. Full out, 100% passion, keep guarding, keep shooting - can't lose b/c a loss is already in everyone's books, 'cept theirs if they play to win.

I want to see surprises. The book is out on how to beat the Zags, a new insert is out on how to beat them by 25. Bob Knight will sum it up in 30 seconds before the jump.

So, don't go by the book. Start everyone under 6'6 - or everyone over it. PRESS, full court, all game - use the whole bench. Have Kelly and Manny shoot treys and Meech rebound them.

If we do the same things we will get the same result.

And it wouldn't hurt if Harris broke a backboard. Just to let them know we were in town.

Reborn
12-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Im hoping to see More of Harris and Dower and less of Olynyk. I would also play Arop some at the 4 and not Olynyk.

I'd like to see Hart play more at the 3, and get a lot more minutes. I thought he played well at the 3 against WSU. Mike understands the GU offenses and defensed and we need the kind of IQ he brings to the floor. He's also a really good team player. He is NOT a 4.

I also hope I don't see much of Carter. I just believe he does not have it at this level. Its time to stop giving him so many minutes because Few is EXPERIMENTING ON PLAYING COMBINATIONS.

In fact I hope Few stops experimenting and begins to solidify the roles.
These are the guys I would play.

Meech
Gray I would like to see Gray sit for 3 min each half no matter what.
Arop
Sacre is limited to ten min each half
Harris

Stockton in for Meech for 5-8 minutes in first half and the same the 2nd.

Dower gets 12 min the first half and 12 minutes the second. 8 min at the 5 and 3 min at the 4 each half. Only Meech and Stockton play the point. Stop playing Carter.

Hart subs for Arop and plays 5 min each half.

Monninghoff get only 3 min each half for Gray and 3 min a half for Arop unless he gets hot from the 3. Thats 12 min for him and thats plenty. If Monninghoff is not scoring than Few could consider playing Carter at the 2. This would give the Zags better passing because Monninghoff can not pass. I just will feel better the less Monninghoff plays.

Arop plays 4 min each half at the 4. Arop needs more playing time.

Olynyk gets 2-3 min each half.

08ZagAlum
12-11-2010, 02:04 PM
A team that fights the whole game, and a Zag win.

Bogozags
12-11-2010, 02:19 PM
I would like to see the Zags play with confidence and execute on the offensive end.

The most important part of this game is going to be GU's defense of the 3pt line. Hansborgh(?) can lite it up from three and change the game in a heart beat!

Some how the Zags must force an uptempo as ND loves to slow it down and be methodical.

As I said in the beginning, I just want the kids to play with confidence and execute. If they play with confidence then it will be a game and if not then we might well be disappointed with the outcome.

IMO Coach Few is the Subject Matter Expert and will prevail.

WE ARE...GU! WE ARE...GU! WE ARE...GU!
Go Zags beat ND!

Reborn
12-11-2010, 02:32 PM
I love the Spirit, Bogozags!

WE ARE!! GU

WE ARE!! GU!!

HOOTER
12-11-2010, 02:57 PM
A win. Don't really care how.

:agreed:

They can pull it off if they take care of the ball and defend the perimeter. Maybe hit a few threes in the process. Build on the only good part of the WSU game with decent rebounding and freethrow shooting. I don't think I'm asking too much here. They can do all of this and more if they play like a team instead of a bunch of individuals who would rather be somewhere else. There's plenty of time to salvage the season. Just win!

ZagsObserver
12-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I agree that the roster experimentation is getting old, and I think it's preventing the team from generating chemistry. The issue, I guess, is that Few is trying to find something that works...anything. And yet, nothing seems to have worked. I hope Few finds that combination that works, and I hope it's successful.

MedZag
12-11-2010, 03:28 PM
What I want to see:
-Any sort of flow on offense whatsoever.
-Someone trying to penetrate the key.
-Boxing out. Boxing out. Boxing out.
-Rob with his arms taped above his head.
-Someone get mad.

ZagLawGrad
12-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Maybe we need to see the red uniforms. A little reverse pyschology

Lurknomore
12-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Besides a win....no extra dribble for Rob...defend the three point...someone stepping up and taking charge.