Interesting read. Taking a page from Soccer's playbook:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5898231

ZagMan in Philly
12-10-2010, 04:55 AM
i like it...they should add the Zags playing Manchester United :D

EuroZag2010
12-10-2010, 05:36 AM
i like it...they should add the Zags playing Manchester United :D

My team is more like FC Bayern Munchen but I'm surprised north Carolina wasn't added they have more championships then Michigan state, might be a down year but still who knows maybe Roy turned them down

jazzdelmar
12-10-2010, 06:46 AM
uh-oh....not a good thing

Reborn
12-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Personally I like this idea of getting the elite basketball programs together for a mini-tournament ONLY if there is a similar mini tournament for the mid-major schools and then let the winner of each tournament play each other. For the mid-major mini tournament I'd like to see: Xavier, Butler, Memphis and Gonzaga play each other for the same three years, and of course the winner of each mini-tournament would play. We could call mid-major mini tournament something like "The Real Champions League."

In recent years there's a constant discussion going on about the mid-majors vs the Elite schools. Let's settle the discussion by having a format like the one I just mentioned. Let the champions of the Real Champions League play the winner of the Champions League tournament.

And the Champions of Champions final CAN NOT be played at Madison Square Garden. It should be held in the middle of the country. Someplace like Iowa.

jazzdelmar
12-10-2010, 07:22 AM
call me cassandra, and ive been called worse, this cd the nibble beginning of something v bad for non bcs programs.....bcs'ers have been yakking abt a set up sim to college fb.....where bcs schools are for all intents and purposes in a different category from all the others......the recent ncaa tourney contract notwithstanding, long term this is clearly the goal of many bcs conferences.....as trump wd say, "money, money, money"