PDA

View Full Version : Naive???

mdZag23
12-09-2010, 03:07 PM
did most of you really think that this run was going to continue for the rest of your lives?

rijman
12-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Yes! Only I was hoping to live a long life, not one that ended so soon.

HOOTER
12-09-2010, 03:11 PM
I don't think the run is over. It's just hitting a massive speed bump. I think they'll eventually figure this out. I'm praying it's soon. :pray:

FuManShoes
12-09-2010, 03:20 PM
No, but I didn't envision it ending so quickly and spectacularly, nor do I think it's actually ended. I suppose in my darker, more melancoly moments I do wonder what it will be like when the Zags are merely an average, or perish the thought, below-average team that fails to make the Big Dance regularly. How will it happen? How will the fanbase and Spokane community react? Has it indeed begun to happen or is this run of poor play just a hiccup do to a star's injury, a general lack of confidence, poor execution and understanding of the playbook, slow development or regression by some players, and lack of attention to detail and roster realities by the coaches? I mean you look at the roster, and many a pundit has, and you see lots of size and talent. But little of it is translating on the court. That isn't to say it won't, but there's no guarantee it will. Maybe this just isn't a very good team, despite the relative attributes of the players and track record of the coach.

PeninsulaDog
12-09-2010, 03:31 PM
"This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper"

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Death. Taxes. Zags making the tourney.

UberZagFan
12-09-2010, 03:36 PM
did most of you really think that this run was going to continue for the rest of your lives?

Uh yeah.

Bogozags
12-09-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm old but my hearing is pretty good and I have not heard any fat women signing!

mdZag23
12-09-2010, 04:56 PM
1. our best point guard is a Freshmen. Enough said!

2. our 2 position is a very good all around player who has not much desire to put the team on his back and try to carry them. It' just not his MO and we've heard it for a long time from the coaches themselves.

3. our 3 is playing hurt and looks likes an average WCC player and not an AA.

4. we are getting 0 production here. No argument!

5. clearly not a go to guy for offense(footwork and offensive ability are terrible), not a good offensive rebounder, can't control the ball in the post, love his attitude, but he is a ROLE player and not a GO TO guy, ever.

6. horrible defensive team. we have some decent defenders, but team defense is what cuts the mustard and we aren't getting it done!

7. where is the value add from our new coach Donny D? This might be the biggest dissappointment of all!

8. team has zero killer instinct. Nothing worse than a bunch of nice guys!!!

75Zag
12-09-2010, 05:15 PM
GU basketball will attract my attention and love until the day I die (or until the day I lose my mind due to the combined indiscretions of youth, middle age, old age, etc.).

But nobody knows what the future may hold. Perhaps GU is on the threshold of greatness. Perhaps GU is on the threshold of fading to an obscure footnote in college basketball reference books. Nobody knows. That is part of the fun of watching sports and following a team.

Go Bulldogs!

TheZagPhish
12-09-2010, 05:38 PM
The Zags are not a what, but a how; the program is a series of cascading processes, an ongoing orchestra of actions.

That means that you cannot look at a snapshot in time and gain a lot of knowledge about previous and forthcoming states -- though that approach does provide some cathartic satisfaction.

At the heart of it, good analysis of root causes will yield the countermeasures for remedying performance gaps wherever they reside. This program is good at learning; I'm not betting against them.

I'm hesitant to make sweeping comments about any future state. The Zags are not this period in time, they are not static, and the broader arc of the trendlines are enough to keep me encouraged.

gamagin
12-09-2010, 05:50 PM
The Zags are not a what, but a how; the program is a series of cascading processes, an ongoing orchestra of actions.

That means that you cannot look at a snapshot in time and gain a lot of knowledge about previous and forthcoming states -- though that approach does provide some cathartic satisfaction.

At the heart of it, good analysis of root causes will yield the countermeasures for remedying performance gaps wherever they reside. This program is good at learning; I'm not betting against them.

I'm hesitant to make sweeping comments about any future state. The Zags are not this period in time, they are not static, and the broader arc of the trendlines are enough to keep me encouraged.

whoa. slow down, man. I can't think that fast . . .

RenoZag
12-09-2010, 06:43 PM

Hell I'd settle for ANY satisfaction. . .but I can't get no

75Zag
12-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Hell I'd settle for ANY satisfaction. . .but I can't get no

So if you are receiving satisfaction on a train, and the train is traveling away from a clock tower at the speed of light, does that mean you are leaving satisfaction behind?

E=MC2

Go Bulldogs!

kclubfounder
12-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Refresh my memory.

How did UCLA, Arizona, and North Carolina do in the Big Dance last year?

HOOTER
12-09-2010, 09:23 PM

Seriously, is this for real? I hope this post is a joke. If not, then you are way over-thinking this. I do appreciate your optimism though....I think.