PDA

View Full Version : I DARE you......

Pargo the Destroyer
12-08-2010, 10:05 PM
To find something positive in that pathetic garbage we all just witnessed. Complete a$$ whooping from top to bottom, starting with the coaches.

zags422
12-08-2010, 10:08 PM
positive, Stockton...my favorite player, had another pretty good showing for the situations he was given

Zagsker
12-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Sacre and Harris won't leave for the NBA early....because lord knows they have regressed

Pargo the Destroyer
12-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Agreed. Liked stockton on offense, he was abused on D. Anyone else?

HOOTER
12-08-2010, 10:13 PM
I've tried and tried to think of something positive, and I think I've got it. If the Zags continue to play this poorly, maybe no one will want to go to their games anymore and I'll be able to buy some tickets. ;)

kitzbuel
12-08-2010, 10:13 PM
To find something positive in that pathetic garbage we all just witnessed. Complete a$$ whooping from top to bottom, starting with the coaches.
It wasn't in the Kennel.:o

Pargo the Destroyer
12-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Sacre and Harris won't leave for the NBA early....because lord knows they have regressed

The way they played tonight....that's not a positive

Zagsker
12-08-2010, 10:14 PM
The way they played tonight....that's not a positive

I was thinking the samething:D

Pargo the Destroyer
12-08-2010, 10:15 PM
It wasn't in the Kennel.:o

I'm glad I sold the tickets i won. Kitz gets a check mark for a positive.

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Here's the positive: At five cents per empty beer can, I should be rich by the end of the season. Zags are killing my liver.

thickman1
12-08-2010, 10:16 PM
You hopefully had donations to your post final drinking fund and didn't have to witness that debacle in person?

I liked Sam on the offensive end and thought MM played with more energy.

Zagpower
Picture quality was good.

Spokanicoug
You've got a couple guys who need to spend less time in the tattoo chair and more time in the learn how to take care of the ball chair.

CDC84
Some guys like Carter got extended minutes!!

zags422
12-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Here's the positive: At five cents per empty beer can, I should be rich by the end of the season. Zags are killing my liver.

not to bring a negative into a positive thread...but if only you lived in Michigan you could be hauling in a whoppin 10 cents/can...learned that on cash cab

ZagHouse
12-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Yeah, Stockton was a positive for Reggie Moore's scoring average. Meech and Carter played solid D and held Moore pretty much scoreless. With Stockton in the game, they were isolating Moore on David and if he couldn't score, he knew he would at least be able to get to the line.

Positive: For as long as Sacre sat and Harris and Meech in the middle of the second half--they should be well rested for ND.

Positive: Dower is making a case to see more time over Kelly.

Positive: For other teams anyway--burying one 3 is all you apparently need to do in order to get into the Zags' heads. When WSU hit their first 3 in the game, you could almost start to see the wheels come off.

NEC26
12-08-2010, 10:19 PM

Maybe Harris has regressed becuase of the injuries but Sacre is the same as last year. This team is simply missing a decent point guard plain and simple.

gozagswoohoo
12-08-2010, 10:19 PM
NEGATIVE: We had eleventy billion turnovers.

NEGATIVE: I show more intensity on my face when I'm taking a crap, than the zags showed at any point tonight.

Now...I learned in school that two negatives equal a positive....so....

jazzdelmar
12-08-2010, 10:20 PM
no multi-jillion dollar job offers for few....wait, not such a good thing either....maybe he will hire grier when he gets canned after this yr (1-7)

MDABE80
You've got a couple guys who need to spend less time in the tattoo chair and more time in the learn how to take care of the ball chair.< true

Keita looked good running around;)

Zagsker
You've got a couple guys who need to spend less time in the tattoo chair and more time in the learn how to take care of the ball chair.

lol...classic:D

ZagsObserver
12-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Actually, I thought Carter looked terrible. I don't know who the best point guard on the team is, but I know who the worst is!

Virginia Zags Fan
12-08-2010, 10:22 PM
In the first half, the D really shut down Thompson. Except for a few minutes, the D looked pretty solid in the first half.

This is a young team in many ways. For whatever reason, they just don't seem to value the ball enough. The Cougs are going to be great this season, but you can't have 20+ turnovers.

Bouldin was a solid scorer and that really opened things up for everyone else. I really miss him. We really need someone, anyone, to step up as a scorer to take some pressure off S. Gray. We are one consistent scorer away from being a really good team. When that person shows up, I think we will be really good.

We have been spoiled for a long, long, time. We have taken 20+ win seasons for granted. Appreciate the good games and the good teams when you have them. I still love the team and will stay up late, watch every game, and root for them.

ZagAddict
12-08-2010, 10:23 PM
The incoming freshman next year should have legitmate shots at starting roles on this Zag team. Pangos, Gray Bell Jr., Dranginis, and Spangler could all be fighting for significant playing time.

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-08-2010, 10:23 PM
not to bring a negative into a positive thread...but if only you lived in Michigan you could be hauling in a whoppin 10 cents/can...learned that on cash cab

Maybe Newman an get me a free mail truck to haul the empties back to Detroit.

Zagsker
12-08-2010, 10:25 PM
WSU had some hot ladies in the cheerleading squad...there was also some nice looking chicks in the crowd

thickman1
oooh! Maybe some season tickets will open up? :explode:

tobizag
Positive: Dower is making a case to see more time over Kelly.

dower is making a case to see more time over ROBERT SACRE. for being 7 ft, 260, and that ripped, he's ridiculously soft on offense. continues to bring the ball to his ankles, makes no quick moves on offense, missed a wide open dunk and got blocked by a shooting guard on a two handed dunk attempt.

dower gets the ball and looks to attack, within 2 seconds of catching the ball. start him. at this point, what is there to lose?

northsidezagfan
we didnt have to listen to heister and ehlo talk about the game. or hunting in alaska. or whatever the hell else they like to talk about.

BroncoZAG615
12-08-2010, 10:26 PM
My positive: Gary Bell can't decommit. Praise Jesus for the early signing period.

Das Zagger
12-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Picture quality was good.

I didn't get it in HD, I didn't really bother looking for it though.

JohnOGU
12-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Gmes like this make me wonder if these guys even hold practices.

john montana
12-08-2010, 10:31 PM
One game closer to next year.

jazzdelmar
12-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Maybe Newman an get me a free mail truck to haul the empties back to Detroit.

naa, kramers still crunching the numbers......and jerrys beemer is still in the shop

Baldwinzag
12-08-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm not even a fan of the NBA yet it'd be nice to se Sacre watch video of 7-foot post players in the League. Pau Gasol would be a god example. He never puts the ball on the floor unles he's squared up & facing the basket. The ball never goes below his waist and he always keep his eye on the damn ball even when he's boxing out or wrestling for position. There are some posessions he's not even aware the ball has been shot because he's trying to push someone around. As for something positive, there is now no argument or refute that Boulding was the MVP for the Zags the past 4 yrs, plus Coach Leon Rice ran this team more than we realize. Even Coach Few said he did everything for the Zags on & of the Court. Also, no doubt Sam Dower should receive starter minutes and is the only player who "gets it" in the post. He has shown the same thing every game despite his limited minutes. He's a player who is going to make freshman mistakes i.e. bad pass or lapse on defesne but he's one player on this roster we should ride until the end.

Pargo the Destroyer
12-08-2010, 10:43 PM
This is my favorite thread. All great answers. Yes I was able to move the tickets for some cash, but I feel like I owe the guy a refund and an apology.

Zagpower
12-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Our Free Throw Defense was outstanding holding the Cougs to 10-17 only 59%!! :clap:

U Zig, I Zag
12-08-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm not even a fan of the NBA yet it'd be nice to se Sacre watch video of 7-foot post players in the League. Pau Gasol would be a god example. He never puts the ball on the floor unles he's squared up & facing the basket. The ball never goes below his waist and he always keep his eye on the damn ball even when he's boxing out or wrestling for position. There are some posessions he's not even aware the ball has been shot because he's trying to push someone around. As for something positive, there is now no argument or refute that Boulding was the MVP for the Zags the past 4 yrs, plus Coach Leon Rice ran this team more than we realize. Even Coach Few said he did everything for the Zags on & of the Court. Also, no doubt Sam Dower should receive starter minutes and is the only player who "gets it" in the post. He has shown the same thing every game despite his limited minutes. He's a player who is going to make freshman mistakes i.e. bad pass or lapse on defesne but he's one player on this roster we should ride until the end.

I would start:
Gray, Keita, MM, Harris, Dower next game.

Forget the 'PG' as a specific spot and play by committee. Play our toughest defenders on the guard spots.

They gave Meech 6,7 feet at times and he shot, maybe, once? Brick. Stockton is fun, but he gets swamped to easy.

B Wayne
12-08-2010, 10:54 PM
That FINALLY people will stop writing about the positives we should take from the SDSU, KSU and Illinois beatdowns.:vomit-smiley-007:

northsidezagfan
12-08-2010, 10:56 PM
we get to play lafayette in a couple weeks. might have a fighting chance

Ezag
12-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Oh Man! December is going to be a rough month!

RenoZag
12-08-2010, 11:08 PM

Even the young uns w/o tats could use some time in that "take care of the ball" chair

scrooner
12-08-2010, 11:11 PM
No Ehlo & Heister.

Ezag
12-08-2010, 11:18 PM
No Ehlo & Heister.

+1

Pargo the Destroyer
12-08-2010, 11:20 PM
No Ehlo & Heister.

YES! Love K Calabro, but whenever I see Marques Johnson all
I can think of is his short yet extremely funny part in "white men can't jump"

MJ777
12-08-2010, 11:24 PM
NEGATIVE: We had eleventy billion turnovers.

NEGATIVE: I show more intensity on my face when I'm taking a crap, than the zags showed at any point tonight.

Now...I learned in school that two negatives equal a positive....so....

LOL,

Positive: Cougs are my 2nd favorite team (1A) so 40% of me was fine with the outcome.

jim77
12-09-2010, 03:09 AM
I think the ZAGS will come out on fire against NOTRE DAME.....after puking the night before from line drills. Actually, I'd like to see that 7ft ROWER DUDE lace it up.

Actually we needed an ass whoopin...these guys needed a wake up call.....maybe more than one.

My one positve...Sacre caught a pass early in the 2nd half and turned(without dribbling......ducking......squating) and nailed the shot with the defender helpless to do anything.....if he can duplicate that Saturday well.........

Birddog
12-09-2010, 05:27 AM
My one positve...Sacre caught a pass early in the 2nd half and turned(without dribbling......ducking......squating) and nailed the shot with the defender helpless to do anything.....if he can duplicate that Saturday well.........

Yep, I caught that too. I thought it was Dower for a second, couldn't believe my eyes.

zagnut2012
12-09-2010, 07:20 AM
Does anyone realize that it does not matter that we are getting spanked, so far, in our non conference schedule? I will admit, it is not the start we hoped for or expected, but we have:

1 Senior
3 Juniors (1 a JC transfer in 1st yr)
4 Sophs (1 a walk on)
5 Freshman

I am not defending our abismal performances, lack of team chemistry, and inability to come together as a team, but it all means nothing at this point in the season. What matters is what's to come, and if we can win our conference tourny. Right? That is our ticket to the dance. Few is in a unique situation. He can put together the toughest non-conference schedule in the NCAA, we can loose every one of the games, still go to the dance and win some games, against the quality of opponent that is kicking us around right now.

Am I right? Or just a Zag Fan that has been huffing to much gasoline?

Let's vent our frustrations, for the rest of the year, but remember "It aint' over til the "Fat Lady Sings".

Zagnut 2012

TexasZagFan
12-09-2010, 07:22 AM

:000tens:

gozagswoohoo
12-09-2010, 07:25 AM
but it all means nothing at this point in the season. What matters is what's to come, and if we can win our conference tourny. Right? That is our ticket to the dance.

I have to respectfully disagree....I mean, yes, there are about 4 dozen teams that are happy to just make the dance, but the zags want to do MORE than just make the dance. If we were talking about SLU....or maybe Rider....etc, then I would agree with your point. Just getting there is a big accomplishment.

The zags don't want to enter the dance as a 13-14 seed, and face someone twice as good as WSU in the first game, and end the season with a 30 point spankage. And it we go into our conference tourney with 9-10 losses, that's probably what our end result will be!

cjm720
12-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Maybe Romar will reignite the series now that we aren't the best program in the state?

Hoopaholic
12-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Positive:

Few sat meech for extended period of time to CLEARLY send him message that when he is open he MUST shoot.

Thats about all I saw positive.

EngineerZag
12-09-2010, 07:35 AM
For 8 minutes out of the game, we actually played defense and made a nice comeback. We play like that the whole game and the result is very different.

dazags
12-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Positives-Hart & Keita getting minutes at end of game. No Heister & Ehlo.

PS-I thought Few said "Hart could guard anybody in the country" last month when Elias was hurt. He's been virtually invisible the last couple of games.

ZagLawGrad
12-09-2010, 08:10 AM
dower is making a case to see more time over ROBERT SACRE. for being 7 ft, 260, and that ripped, he's ridiculously soft on offense. continues to bring the ball to his ankles, makes no quick moves on offense, missed a wide open dunk and got blocked by a shooting guard on a two handed dunk attempt.

dower gets the ball and looks to attack, within 2 seconds of catching the ball. start him. at this point, what is there to lose?

I think I'm making a case to get more playing time than KO...

U Zig, I Zag
12-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Meech
Gray
MM
Elias
Sam

First off the bench is Keita for MM, then Rob for Sam. Then KO for Elias. Keep Meech out of foul trouble and prepare him to play 85% of the game. He isn't the best PG, but he is the best we got. Meech HAS to shoot it when given the space. He is a junior, playing for Gonzaga. Just shoot it. They will fall sometimes, if not we scrap for the rebound.

ZagLawGrad
12-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Folks, this is a bona fide dumpster fire now.

Adjusting expectations has to be the theme. Hope for the best, expect the worst out of this team for now.

Pargo the Destroyer
12-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Folks, this is a bona fide dumpster fire now.

Adjusting expectations has to be the theme. Hope for the best, expect the worst out of this team for now.

yup, same theme for saturday too. Expecting to get boat raced. (I cannot believe I actually typed that, makes me sad)

coolhandzag
12-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Positives from the game......

1. Kevin Calabro.
2. WZZU Cheerleaders.
3. Bell should start next year?
4. Debate the merits of the Pendleton Blend againat the old Jim Beam mainstay. No decision.
5. Arguement over the concerns that Few is freebasing Thorazine. For the record I aruged the "natural low".

HOOTER
12-09-2010, 09:11 AM
I have to respectfully disagree....I mean, yes, there are about 4 dozen teams that are happy to just make the dance, but the zags want to do MORE than just make the dance. If we were talking about SLU....or maybe Rider....etc, then I would agree with your point. Just getting there is a big accomplishment.

The zags don't want to enter the dance as a 13-14 seed, and face someone twice as good as WSU in the first game, and end the season with a 30 point spankage. And it we go into our conference tourney with 9-10 losses, that's probably what our end result will be!

I couldn't agree more. Just making it to the dance was great...in the '90s. The Zags have established themselves as an elite program. This mid-major mentality that just getting there is sufficient needed to be done away with a long time ago. We can't look forward to the conference schedule to resurrect this dead team. They need to get it together now or what we can expect is a first round whooping in the dance, or the NIT, or worse.

ID ZAGFAN
12-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Positive:

Rebounds +11 Zags 39-Wazzu 28

Positive:

81% Free Throw Shooting (Sub-positive Rob FT 4-4--he seems well on his way to breaking his miss-the-first-FT,-make-the-2nd-habit)

There were a lot of folks on this board last year who made those two stats the Holy Grail of improvement.

Just sayin'

ZaGranny

malmer7
12-09-2010, 09:24 AM
I haven't been on the boards in quite a while... thought I'd jump on this morning and start a posting frenzy just bashing the last night's performance...

Then, I read through every post of this thread and could not stop laughing. You all have found some GREAT positives from last night's game - hilarious stuff!

THANK YOU!

:lmao:

Reborn
12-09-2010, 09:40 AM
I got to talk to my son for two and a half hours on the phone after the game. He told me, "Dad! I think we are going to have a lot of these late night phone calls this season to console one another." He bleeds Gonzaga blue just like I do.

75Zag
12-09-2010, 09:56 AM
WSU had some hot ladies in the cheerleading squad...

Yes, I noticed that too. I also noticed some of the camera shots when covering the cheerleaders. I suspect that the Fox Sports cameraman shared my desire to see more of the legs of the hot brunette cheerleader in the middle of the formation. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Go Bulldogs!

FlyZag
12-10-2010, 06:46 PM
We didn't have to hear the "up by thirty" chant from the crowd as the coooogs only led by 29.

pbriz
12-10-2010, 06:59 PM
The only positive I see is that the ND players are watching game footage and are thinking in their heads "this team isn't that good" and they don't bring it Saturday like they would have if we would have ripped WSU apart.

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
12-10-2010, 07:39 PM
only 8 of the top 13 are WSU girls...not nearly enough credit for them they were pretty cute. Google no good....cheerleaders from WSU = very cute.

bballbeachbum
12-10-2010, 07:49 PM
up to the nanosecond of the missed dunk to start the 2nd, after scared start to the game, in that hostile place to come back and be down just 4 to start the 2nd....... then :vomit-smiley-007:

and what Hoopaholic said. hope Meech gets the message