• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ezag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Yes, folks, we are this bad

Say to me what you will....but I have been watching GU basketball every year since 1995 and this season is almost too painful to watch...
  • GUDan07
    Kennel Club
    • Sep 2009

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...

Comment

• HOOTER
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

Yup. Real bad. Not sure Few has any clue what to do. This team is in complete disarray. It's getting embarrassing.

Comment

• jimmy b
        Kennel Club Material
        • Oct 2007

we could use Klay T.

That is for sure.

Still - season is young, and we will be the underdogs going forward.

Comment

• kclubfounder
          Zag for Life
          • Aug 2007

Everybody seems to be too slow for their respective position. The only exception is Goodson who seems to be too fast. This team is the definition of being out of sync.

It is truly difficult to watch.

I guess that explains why I am in my office typing this instead of sitting in the living room and accepting the punishment.

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2008

Total and complete BEATDOWN. see Patriots (Cougs) vs. Jets (GU)
            "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• RenoZag
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Maybe this is the secret Coach Daniels didn't want getting out from the boosters luncheon last Fall. . .
              The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• SJZag
                Redshirt
                • Nov 2010

No passion

There's just no passion in the way we're playing. Everyone looks so mechanical, and I'm just not used to seeing that from a Gonzaga team. And it's really, really disappointing. I guess the good news is that we can't play much worse than we are right now.

The most frustrating thing, in my opinion, is that we DO have a talented team even though it's definitely not manifesting in the way we're playing.

Comment

• ezcure17
                  Kennel Club Alum
                  • Feb 2009

Pathetic!!!!

I didn't think it could get much worse...guess what...I was wrong!!
                  Can we even TRY any less than we are right now!! Simply disgusting!!
                  Few better right this ship NOW or the whole season will be lost.

When are we going to learn the basics of basketball!! About time don't you think?? I found myself saying...oh no...Stockton is out of the game...bet you never thought that would happen.

Sacre...don't you get it?? Don't lower the ball...you are 7 Ft...quit playing like you are only 6. Meech....enough already...either shoot the d*mn ball or take a seat on the bench...tired of watching you make us play 4 on 5.

Kelly, WTF?? enough with the OLE defense...stand in and take a charge or you can join Meech on the bench!!!! Hey guys...when are you going to get it??? Hands up on Defense, stick with your man, and move the ball.

Coach...how about gettin a "T" now and then...we see you on the sidelines waving your hands...how about charging on to the floor and getting in a refs face about one of the phantom charging calls...last I checked....we have had about 8 of them!!! DO SOMETHING!!!! ANYTHING!!!

How about we try something new.....Let's play the guys who deserve to be playing. You know, the ones who STAY with their man, rebound with their HANDS..and not just punch at the ball...KO thinks he is playing volleyball!!

Let's forget about your "let's play everybody" strategy and pick 8 guys and stay with them for more than 3 minutes at a time!!! Time to let Carter start and play the whole game...let him get out there and learn...play him a whole half, so he can get a feel for it...at least he knows how to find the open man in the offense!! BTW...when is the last time you saw Meech actually STEAL a ball and take it in for a lay up?? I can't remember?? Anyone??

We better do something soon!!! This is pretty painful to watch!!!
                  ZAG 4 LIFE

Comment

• TheZagPhish
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

I'm pretty sure I have corneal damage.
                    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• TacomaZAG
                      Zag for Life
                      • Mar 2007

Have we hit bottom???

We have no scheme on either end of the floor, our lack of effort is embarrassing, we look lost and disinterested.

This is hard to watch, I don't know how it can get any worse. I've been attending and watching Zag games since the early 70's and this is the worst effort I think I have ever seen. The losses are tolerable as long as the effort is there, but this is as bad as it gets. If this is as hard as we can play against our remaining in-state rival, the rest of the season doesn't look good.

Don't know where we go from here, there is absolutely nothing positive to take from this game. We stink right now........

Go ZAGS

Comment

• BilboZaggins
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Feb 2007

Gray

I'm a big SG fan but he was unbelievably bad tonight.

Comment

• HOOTER
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2007

This is basically an exhibition game for the Cougs. Truly pathetic.

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by thezagphish View Post
                            i'm pretty sure i have corneal damage.
                            lol
                            "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• Das Zagger
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Apr 2008

Who's the leader on this team? I don't see one. Losing by 30, to anyone, is an embarrassment.

Edit: Yikes, on the road to ND? Duck and cover, its gonna be ugly.

Comment

Working...
                              X