PDA

View Full Version : Stockton getting offers?

MickMick
05-31-2007, 12:06 AM
The Scout site shows Shawn Stockton receiving offers from San Diego and Santa Clara. Apparently, Stockton and teammate D'Angelo Casto are worthy of a single star. I guess Grier would know who Stockton is, but how would the new coach at SCU? The site also shows Gonzaga as being of medium interest to both players as well.

Stockton (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=3153825)
Castro (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=2938115)

CDC84
05-31-2007, 07:22 AM
I guess Grier would know who Stockton is, but how would the new coach at SCU?

Kerry Keating knows everyone, including 5 to 6 year olds who are currently developing their skills in the Amazon rain forest and Siberia.
He has as many recruiting connections as anyone in the biz.

Anything can happen, but I would be surprised if either player ends up in a Gonzaga uniform unless they walk on. Especially Casto - Gonzaga only has one schoolie available for 2008, and the staff is actively recruiting a point guard. There just isn't room, and he isn't Greg Monroe or Ed Davis....a player so good that you would be willing to ask a current player to sacrifice their scholarship. That's just how I see it, but I have been wrong before......

gamagin
05-31-2007, 07:59 AM
is young, bull strong, athletic and multi talented, and can certainly change his mind at any time.

but as of a few weeks ago, i was told by someone who should know shawn's preference now is to play football in college, not bkb.

You can bet he also has access to the best assessments of his talents from everyone from big league scouts to considerably talented and caring parents and relatives.

BobZag
05-31-2007, 08:34 AM
Stockton, Casto and the Ferris team will be in action June 9-10 at Ferris High, so go watch if you can. See Saxon Shootout schedule above.

Madcowz
05-31-2007, 09:21 AM
actually casto will not be playing in the saxon shootout, he still hasn't decided if he's moving to seattle and he's not gonna play with ferris until he does make a decision

gamagin
05-31-2007, 09:31 AM
what's the scoop there ? his idea ? parents ? i'm biting my virtual tongue. stop teasing and infill asaply.

thanks,

Madcowz
05-31-2007, 02:10 PM
probably about half and half, i think his mother is moving to seattle and he wants to go with her and go to franklin, play with siva whom he met from his aau team.. leaving and undefeated nationally ranked team doesn't seem to smart to me though, micah downs syndrome? 3 schools 3 years...

NJZag
05-31-2007, 05:21 PM
Kerry Keating knows everyone, including 5 to 6 year olds who are currently developing their skills in the Amazon rain forest and Siberia.
He has as many recruiting connections as anyone in the biz.

Anything can happen, but I would be surprised if either player ends up in a Gonzaga uniform unless they walk on. Especially Casto - Gonzaga only has one schoolie available for 2008, and the staff is actively recruiting a point guard. There just isn't room, and he isn't Greg Monroe or Ed Davis....a player so good that you would be willing to ask a current player to sacrifice their scholarship. That's just how I see it, but I have been wrong before......

Forget the rain forest :D but KK has one assistant who originally hails from the Great State of Washington. Anybody know if Sholl used to recruit the NW for USD?

If the open spots are not there for GU anyway, we should wish good recruiting results for the other WCC schools as opposed to, say, the PAC-10.

For awhile, Pep and then USD and then SMC have had their heydays and been in NCAAs along with GU, and it seemed within reach that the WCC might become multi-bid regularly. Then some backsliding as each "emerging" power couldn't sustain it.

From a height of being a #7 SOS conference, then the slide back to a #15 SOS conference.