PDA

View Full Version : What are you hoping to see in the Zags' game vs WSU

Reborn
12-07-2010, 05:12 PM
I am really hoping to see Manny Arop begin to get a larger role on this team. I think we all know that Matt Bouldin is missed immensely, and his void is not being filled. And to me I'm not sure why? I do know that it has to do with what is going on with Manny Arop. Arop has the ability to fill Matt's spot quite well. He's not going to be Matt Bouldin, but He can do some things to help the Zags. I think Manny has the potential of being a 10+ pts a game scorer and Few needs to begin to develop plays for him to get those points. Steven Gray is NOT going to be scoring 25 pts a game. I want to see some plays run for Manny Arop, and see Manny have a game where he scores 13+ points. Manny has shown that he can hit the 3 pt shot; so create plays where he shoots them more.

I would like to see Meech attacking the lane more and kicking the ball out for 3 pt shots. Meech has a tendency to attack the right side of the basket, and if he were to begin to attack the middle more and then kick out, I think we could get a few more 3 pt shots that way.

I think Elias and Rob should have real big games tomorrow. Hearing Elias say that his heel is achilies tendon is feeling better is really good news for me. He can pose some real big problems for WSU. Id like to see Elias get more than 20 pts for his first time this year.

kyle dixon
12-07-2010, 08:34 PM
1) a win
2) Zag nation backing away from the cliff.

Go Zags!

kyle

SWZag
12-08-2010, 07:32 AM
What I will be looking for is incremental growth; growth over the previous game each week. That's really all I could ask for. A win would be super, but if we're not getting better, we aren't doing something right.

FrosTbear
12-08-2010, 08:16 AM
What I need to put a smile on my face is:
1. Five players working together with GU on their shirts
2. Defense for 40 min
3. 3 GU players scoring +20

Knotsolucky
12-08-2010, 08:18 AM
I would love to Sacre go straight back up with his offensive rebounds. He has a bad habit (imo) of bringing the ball down to his waist and sometimes a dribble or two before going back up. Often he gets fouled or tied up when the ball is down whereas if he'd go straight back up it would most likely create a +1 play. He improves (along with the rest of the team) with each game and hopefully soon this bad habit will be a memory.

I love the kid, but this really makes me crazy...

primal23
12-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Same as last game...

Not to get blown out.

kclubfounder
12-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Just win, baby.

cjm720
12-08-2010, 09:53 AM
I want to play like a team.

I want to feel a sense of urgency to execute well on every play.

I want to see turnovers limited.

I want to see multiple long-distance shots, by multiple players.

I want 3 subs only - Olynyk/Arop (or Harris, depending on the start), Dower, MM.

I want a healthy Harris.

I want to defend the 3.

And most importantly, I want a win.

zagzilla
12-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Any win is a good win right now. To achieve that, we will need more than the zero steals and 1 block we had on Saturday, IMO.

ZZ

bballbeachbum
12-08-2010, 04:59 PM
I hope to see self-belief and belief in each other continue to grow for each and every Zag player, on the road, in a hostile environment

it's Jimmy V week. Just last night on espn, sandwiched between the two Jimmy V Classic games, John Saunders interviewed Nick Valvano and Derek Whittenburg, and the discussion was of Jimmy V's ability to cultivate and motivate success through his sincere belief in both himself and in those around him. All three men testified to the power and success that Jimmy V's belief in them had sparked and nurtured. anybody else see it?

keep grinding Zags!!! play hard, play for each other, and yes, Believe!

that's what I hope to see (and improved 3 point offense and defense, dominate the paint/boards, control the TOs, and yes...WIN! :) )

GO ZAGS!!!

DixieZag
12-08-2010, 06:18 PM
a win.

Don't care how. Don't care if walk-ons play the whole game. Do not even care if they regress in level of play. They simply need to score more pts than WSU. Winning does wonderful things for the mind. I actually think it is better that they are on the road for this game. "Zag nation" is tense, most of us have our Paxil, Ativan Rx's now rather than after horrible outings against USF or Pepperdine, I think the team would feel that tension. Better to be the real underdogs and expected to lose (by outsiders).

31-29 Zags. Kidding.

Hope someone can have a good enough offensive game to allow Steven to get some open looks and be the leader. Steven is our best player and a quality person with good leadership, but he can't do much being guarded by four players and a trainer. We need a hot shooting night and a healthy invigorated Harris.

Wouldn't hurt if the Cougs could't throw it in the ocean.

meadgrad02
12-08-2010, 06:21 PM
I really like what CJM said. "a sense of urgency."

I want them to come out and play like this is a huge game for them. I didn't see that in the last game. This game is a lot bigger than a lot of people think. Not just because of our possible record, but for confidence, and momentum going into the next two week stretch that we have.

I have a feeling, but I also hope that Few has them ready for this game. Everyone knows that the crowd will be pumped and the Wazzu players will be jacked to beat us, and I hope that we can match their intensity. Wazzu will come out strong and probably lead for much of the first half due to the atmosphere and their adrenaline. But I think we will settle down and pull it out in the end. The game could be ugly offensively for us, but I think we will pull it together and win a tough, intense game in a hostile Pac-10 environment.

GU - 71
Coogs - 62

Reborn
12-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks for some really good posts to get me pumped for the game tonight. Yes! I want to see some FIRE tonight, some passion on the court, please! I want to see FUEGO! I am tired of the ho hum games. I want FIRE. I want to see the Zags "high-fiving", screaming like Godjilla, and pounding their chests like KING KONG. I want to see blood on thier jerseys, and band-aids across their eyelids. I'm hoping to see floor-burns ripping knee caps, and even a bloody nose or two.

Let's go to war tonight, Zags. Let's go into Pullman pickin a fight. And let's not go home until everything we have is left on that floor tonight. Wake up, Zags! You're in Pullman tonight.

Go Zags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baldwinzag
12-08-2010, 07:22 PM
I want to see some FIRE tonight, some passion on the court, please! I want to see FUEGO! I am tired of the ho hum games. I want FIRE. I want to see the Zags "high-fiving", screaming like Godjilla, and pounding their chests like KING KONG. I want to see blood on thier jerseys, and band-aids across their eyelids. I'm hoping to see floor-burns ripping knee caps, and even a bloody nose or two.

I love this post.

HOOTER
12-08-2010, 07:39 PM
1) a win

Just win, baby.

I want a win.

a win.

Couldn't have said it better myself. No need to complicate things here. Just win the damn game!

RenoZag
12-08-2010, 08:28 PM
A bucket in the paint

HOOTER
12-08-2010, 08:43 PM
A bucket in the paint

How about just a bucket....from anywhere.

Reborn
12-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Where's that tough front line we were talking about in preseason?

It was about time Few decided start pushing the ball upcourt. Too bad we had to get behind by 20 points before he made that decision. I think I can honestly say that Ive never seen Gonzaga win a game when they walk the ball up court and try to play half court offense..Of any team that is NOT a half-court offensive team, it's this one. Robert is not working the boards at all, and neither is Harris. Poor rebounding by Zags. And of course defending the 3 is what killed us defensively as usual in the first half.

But at least the Zags have fought back and gotten us back into the game. I think game changed when Stockton came into the game and had the guts to hit a three. Great job Stock!!!!!! Nice to see Monninghoff hit one too. The fire seems to have been lit. Now let's keep it burning the second half, and not come out flat like we did against Illinois, and in this game at the start of the game.

zags422
12-08-2010, 09:48 PM
I am really hoping to see Manny Arop begin to get a larger role on this team. I think we all know that Matt Bouldin is missed immensely, and his void is not being filled. And to me I'm not sure why? I do know that it has to do with what is going on with Manny Arop. Arop has the ability to fill Matt's spot quite well. He's not going to be Matt Bouldin, but He can do some things to help the Zags. I think Manny has the potential of being a 10+ pts a game scorer and Few needs to begin to develop plays for him to get those points. Steven Gray is NOT going to be scoring 25 pts a game. I want to see some plays run for Manny Arop, and see Manny have a game where he scores 13+ points. Manny has shown that he can hit the 3 pt shot; so create plays where he shoots them more.

I would like to see Meech attacking the lane more and kicking the ball out for 3 pt shots. Meech has a tendency to attack the right side of the basket, and if he were to begin to attack the middle more and then kick out, I think we could get a few more 3 pt shots that way.

I think Elias and Rob should have real big games tomorrow. Hearing Elias say that his heel is achilies tendon is feeling better is really good news for me. He can pose some real big problems for WSU. Id like to see Elias get more than 20 pts for his first time this year.

No time left on the clock