PDA

View Full Version : OT: injury to Baylor's Love

northsidezagfan
12-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Frosh guard Stargell Love out 6-8 weeks with stress fracture. Not a huge loss it seems but right now we can use any edge we can get.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5892265

Baldwinzag
12-06-2010, 06:12 PM
I recently watched Baylor demolish Arizona St and I don't believe this kid played a minute.

Either way, I hope for a speedy recovery him & any college kid facing injury. Tough luck for him, yet sounds like he'll return by seasons' end.

Baylor is built, plays, & looks exactly like San Diego St. They are a poor match-up for us at nearly every position(save PF). Imagine if DJ Gay for SDSU was a 22ppg scorer at PG, then you have #10 Baylor. They have just as good of frontcourt yet better guards.

Baylor shoots the ball with confidence and they believe in their ability. They have "swag", if you will. Zags definitely do not. Our players make a pass and then glance over at the Coaches for approval. The Bears play with urgency no matter the opponent and they are rarely pulled if they make a mistake. On the otherhand, you make one wrong gesture, lackluster pass, or take an open shot as the 4th option, you are pulled as a Zag. We play scared & hesitant on offense. Baylor plays with esteem & conviction. Tough to compete with it.

I foresee another blow-out brewing vs Baylor. They are just too long, athletic, and skilled of a club for this team to compete at this point in the season(especially after finals' week for us). Its just the way it is right now.

It will get better & more competitive as the season progresses.

Of course, on any given night, but not yet for these Zags.

We'll need more than just a 4 minute player to be hurt to beat Baylor. :(

MDABE80
12-06-2010, 08:16 PM
We might not lose if we cancel;)

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Stargell Love? There's a Bon Jovi joke in here somewhere... "You gave looooove a bad name."