PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Article: GU will bounce back.

Ekrub
12-06-2010, 11:54 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news;_ylt=Aimg4VrFdanVgXqn5t39Xg_evbYF?slug=ys-mondaytip120610

At 4-3, Gonzaga is nowhere near where coach Mark Few wants them to be. But the brutal preconference slate they have faced will prepare the Bulldogs for a better than average West Coast Conference this season. Losses to Kansas State, Illinois and San Diego State, all ranked opponents, have given Few’s charges plenty to work on. Deficiencies defensively, particularly in guarding against 3-pointers, killed the Zags against K-State and the Illini. Lack of intensity on the glass cost them dearly against San Diego State. Count on standout players such as Steven Gray and Robert Sacre to go to school on these shortcomings and correct these errors. A fully healthy Elias Harris, convalescing from an Achilles problem, will be a huge difference-maker down the stretch. More tests await against Notre Dame, Baylor and Xavier in the coming weeks. Gonzaga will be salty well before they face conference rival St. Mary’s in late January. By March, this is a team that will be primed for another Sweet 16 appearance and perhaps even more.

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-06-2010, 12:53 PM
By March, this is a team that will be primed for another Sweet 16 appearance and perhaps even more.

Doesn't he know that this program is on the "decline"? He needs to read GU Boards more often. ;)

MDABE80
12-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks for posting this. We hvae a lot to do before we sniff the swt 16 though. All he is saying is that we have potential...we knew this prior to the season.
Unless things become "actual" in terms of Gray, Harris and the rest of the newbies getting a whole lot better, we have trouble on the rise. I don't believe one word from these writers. I do believe my eyes. My eyes, nor do yours' betray. We see what we have and we see that our kids have drifted back to the bad rebounding, poor defense, too many turnovers act we all saw years ago.

Time we get back to basics. I know we can do that.

2wiceright
12-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Doesn't he know that this program is on the "decline"? He needs to read GU Boards more often. ;)

Hilarious!...:lmao: :roll:

75Zag
12-06-2010, 05:13 PM
GU basketball is fine, but I love the term "bounce back". Kind of like what happens when you can't take it anymore and jump off the balcony of your 40th floor condo. When you hit the hood of the Buick parked below, you "bounce back".

Go Bulldogs! Bounce Back!

gamagin
12-06-2010, 05:18 PM
GU basketball is fine, but I love the term "bounce back". Kind of like what happens when you can't take it anymore and jump off the balcony of your 40th floor condo. When you hit the hood of the Buick parked below, you "bounce back". Go Bulldogs! Bounce Back!

my fave: dead cat bounce.

BobZag
12-06-2010, 06:24 PM
my fave: dead cat bounce.

My stocks always have a "dead cat bounce".

But seriously, we're dogs, not cats. Dogs are much more bouyant. :eek:

Baldwinzag
12-06-2010, 06:27 PM
If I could blow up a balloon & give it to our Zags as a gift, this would be it:

http://www.msrballoons.com/ProductImages/foil%20get%20well/114570HP.jpg

rijman
12-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Yeah, doesn't he know Few needs to recruit differently and be fired. Also our front court is terrible and so is our back court. We need to can the whole program and start over because we are 4-3, with 3 losses to ranked teams. Or we could just ride it out and see what happens. :D

jazzdelmar
12-07-2010, 05:51 AM
how many zag games u think this yahoo yahoo has actually seen? "whats wrong w the zags?" articles will be the next iteration. then, "have the zags jumped the shark?" just a matter of time. those freshman guards better be all that.