• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

What do you hope to see this afternoon?

I am hoping for those 3's to be raining all over Key Arena. The Illini have heard about the rain in Seattle, but they have not seen 3's raining from all over behind the Key. Go Steven. Go Elias, Go Goodson, Go Arop.....Go Zags. lets get 9 three's.

I am also hoping for good free throw shooting and getting to the line. 21 pts from the line. Sacre scoring 7 pts from the line.

I want to see Meech all over McCamey....Meech will earn his stripes today.

Steven with 25. Harris with 13, Sacred with 12 and Arop with 12. I think that will do it.

I want to see Harris play as he did against Marquette. And I want to see their bigs get into foul trouble.

Go Zags
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • primal23
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Not to get blown out
    11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
    "Make it yourself"
    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
    "Okay"

Comment

• Baldwinzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Play hard, with purpose, and a sense of urgency, especially on defense, and this:

Originally posted by primal23 View Post
      Not to get blown out
      “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• demian
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Feb 2007

I just hope to see the entire game or at least most of it. I am so sick and tired every time a game is on espn you dont get to start watching the game you actually tuned in to see until 10 minutes left in the first half because the game before takes 30 minutes to play the last 2 minutes of game time.
        Originally posted by Reborn View Post
        I am hoping for those 3's to be raining all over Key Arena. The Illini have heard about the rain in Seattle, but they have not seen 3's raining from all over behind the Key. Go Steven. Go Elias, Go Goodson, Go Arop.....Go Zags. lets get 9 three's.

I am also hoping for good free throw shooting and getting to the line. 21 pts from the line. Sacre scoring 7 pts from the line.

I want to see Meech all over McCamey....Meech will earn his stripes today.

Steven with 25. Harris with 13, Sacred with 12 and Arop with 12. I think that will do it.

I want to see Harris play as he did against Marquette. And I want to see their bigs get into foul trouble.

Go Zags

Comment

• ZagDaddy
          Kennel Club Material
          • Feb 2007

A Zag team that is ready to play from the opening tip and isn't trying to climb out of an early hole most of the game.

Comment

• Saxon_zag
            Banned
            • Mar 2008

Why would anyone think the zags would get blown out? Sure it's a possibility but last year we played this team and beat them when we played poorly for 30 mins.

Comment

• Reborn
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2007

This was the worst Gonzaga game I've seen. This team has no intensity and no leadership. Sorry Stephen, but you brought NO energy into this game at all. Not even on defense. Im surprised Few played you.

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                This was the worst Gonzaga game I've seen. This team has no intensity and no leadership. Sorry Stephen, but you brought NO energy into this game at all. Not even on defense. Im surprised Few played you.
                I guess the ship hasn't steadied. It wasn't pretty.
                "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• Reborn
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

Nope. Not even close. I was dead wrong about the Zags. It's time for me to eat some humble pie....I hope people will begin to believe how important to have some 3 pt shooters. Zags were making a nice comeback with 6 minutes left. But we just could not sustain it without 3 pt shooting.....

My biggest question is,"What has happened to our recruiting?" Monninghoff, as our best Freshman recruit is just a joke. The guy plays scared in a Big Game. He's probably make a good Div II player.

Comment

• CB4
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2009

I feel like "lacking energy" is something that has defined the Zags over the last few years. They come out flat 75% of the time in games like this, would y'all agree with that assessment or not? I question where the leaders are, but more so what the coaching staff is doing to mentally prepare the squad before big games like this.

Comment

• upan8th
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

OK. Reborn, I want you to know I've withdrawn my application (which, goshdarnit, the WA ST. social services dept already disqualified) for adoption into your family.

ONE BAD GAME by the Zags and you turn from love, hope and redemption to snarling recrimination? eg "...What has happened to our recruiting? Monninghoff is a joke!"

Some of us dark side reprobates have timidly, previously posted that this might be a "rebuilding" year vs the overwhelming cry that it's actually a "reloading" season.

I'm sure your post is just an uncharacteristic and abberational, kneejerk response to the jolting and revealing loss GU suffered tonite. But now that you've exposed your doubts and disappointments to the world at large, I'm sorry, but don't be surprised to learn that you have been demoted in the contest deciding the world's most zealous Zag supporter, defender, and apologist.

Rest assured, at this point, you're not eliminated. It's a season long competition. But the judging commitee, going forward, will be looking for a return to your former sunny optimism re the team. If you might have any hopes of winning the award as GU's biggest supporter, be aware that there are now more than a few by whom you have been eclipsed.

Comment

Working...
                      X