PDA

View Full Version : The man of the Dower- Gonzaga bulletin

EuroZag2010
12-03-2010, 04:37 AM
Nice article on Sam ! Gotta love this kid !

By David Gentile
Sports Editor

Jake Kelly photo
Dower went 5-for-9 from the field and recorded a career-high 19 points against the Jaguars.
Freshman forward Sam Dower has stepped into an important sixth-man role for Gonzaga at the outset of the 2010-11 season. Dower scored 19 points against Southern on Nov. 12, 11 against IUPUI on Nov. 14 and 11 against Eastern Washington on Tuesday.
"When I [sub] out I know he's going to give the person who's guarding me hell," said junior center and starter Robert Sacre. "We just keep battling and hitting people. It makes my job a lot easier."

http://www.gonzagabulletin.com/mobile/the-man-of-the-dower-1.1816826

ZagNative
12-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Thanks for posting that.
Dower has formed a family-like bond with Sacre, as the two room together off the court.Are Rob and Steven no longer rooming together, or did Sam join them?

Sam rapping on the bus? :p

"I enjoy being with him. He's a funny guy a good guy, and he's genuine," Sacre said. "I wouldn't trade him in for the world."

One thing Sacre has noticed about Dower is his affinity for music. Dower listens to hip-hop and R&B, and said he knows the lyrics to all of Lil' Wayne's songs.

"The guy just sits and listens to music," Sacre said. "I don't even know who to describe him as. He'll just sit and listen. And all of sudden you'll hear a little verse here and there, a little verse here and there on the bus. You'll look behind and there's Sam just rapping."