PDA

View Full Version : The Zags surprise a lot of people Saturday

Reborn
12-02-2010, 09:42 PM
But not me. The Zags will find a way to win this one. I was convinced by the UCLA vs Kansas game tonight. UCLA has looked bad in a few losses so far but they've all been against really good teams. They were ready tonight to beat Kansas. Too bad it didn't happen. I wonder why that Kansas streak is so long.

North Carolina's loss to Illinois is not an indicator of how well Illinois will play in Seattle. Illinois is coming into a bulldog pound, and they will get torn up. I am so excited for this game. All the negativity on this BOARD really has me pumped up. I don't think Ive ever seen it this negative since Josh got caught with the muchrooms. Of course after the Zags win everyone will be back on the bandwagon. What amazes me is how fast so many people changed. Only a month ago there was a lot of talk about Final 4.

My guess is Harris is the key. He always has been. He will play as good as he can, and we will be fine. I think the zags are a lot tougher than some of you think (per all the neg talk in that defensive statistics thread. The defense beat Marquette and it will beat Illinois. Zags will not be intimidated by Illinois bigs. We will dominate down low. Tisdale and Davis get into foul trouble. And we will not be overshadowed by McCamey. The real stars of this game are Zags: Gray, Meech, Harris, Sacre and Arop. And I believe Carter and Monninghoff are going to have good games......

I have felt this victory in my gut all day. The news that Harris will play did not surprise me because I felt all along that he's gonna have a real good day Saturday.

Go Zags! It's time to start feeling some postive vibes around here. what in the H**l has happened to Zag Nation. How did all this negativity creep in. I have my ideas where it comes from.....

Let's get fired up ZagNation. This is afterall, the Battle in Seattle. Illinois coming out West hey? We will surly give them what they have coming to them........

MDABE80
12-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Reborn...one month ago we hadn't seen the team play ourselves...only reports. Who knew the bigs didn't move so well or leap very well? We didn't Elias had a bum achilles or a mildly impinged shoulder. We do have reasons to be a bit negative. It's not like one day we just decided to see.
I'm not going to recite the shortcomings or disappointments. We are what we are for this year. We'll get better as will most of the teams we play.
I hope we get a V in Seattle. It's a big V if we get it. Let's hope the kids gel. Let's hope Elias is free of pain and plays like he did before his injuries.
Let's all hope! Get up big fella! (Rob) ...!! Straight up! Flush a few!

SWZag
12-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Great post! I have wondered about the negativity as well. But this game saturday is our time to shine. I think we'll be up for the game and our bigs and guards will play just fine. Games aren't won with a negative attitude!

Play tough. Play hard. Have fun. Win. Go Zags!

upan8th
12-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Trying to imagine life in the Reborn household...and can't, unfortunately. So much light and laughter, days full of optimistic, uplifting thoughts. And so many of us troubled people out here in the dark of doubt and regret.

Is it too late in your life Reborn, to consider adoption? I'm, perhaps, somewhat beyond the cusp of eligible, but age considerations seem so arbitrary. Everyone of us might gain from exposure to your sweetness and light.

Reborn
12-03-2010, 04:29 AM
Trying to imagine life in the Reborn household...and can't, unfortunately. So much light and laughter, days full of optimistic, uplifting thoughts. And so many of us troubled people out here in the dark of doubt and regret.

Is it too late in your life Reborn, to consider adoption? I'm, perhaps, somewhat beyond the cusp of eligible, but age considerations seem so arbitrary. Everyone of us might gain from exposure to your sweetness and light.

After saturday you'll be fine. It's amazing what a victory does for the Nation.:lmao: It's like drinking that Kool-Aid stuff....

primal23
12-03-2010, 05:54 AM
Wish I could buy into that Reborn, but given how we are playing vs how Ill is playing....

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-03-2010, 05:56 AM
We were all incredibly optimistic about this season before it began and that was before we knew that:

1) Meech is a much better point guard than he was a year ago.
2) Stephen Gray is better than any of us expected and probably the best shooting guard ever to wear a Zags uniform.
3) David Stockton can actually play Div I ball.
4) Rob Sacre is staying out of foul trouble.
5) The team is shooting better from the free throw line.

Those are all reasons to be optimistic about the prospects for this team.

The team is not healthy, but none of the injuries seems to be season-ending. The players still have a chance to get healthy by the end of the season. A healthy Elias Harris completely changes the character of this team; if he gets back to last season's form, the entire team becomes more athletic, more competitive and improves considerably on rebounding and scoring balance.

The team still seems to be finding its way, particularly on offense. There is a lot of room for improvement as the younger players learn the Zag system and learn to play together.

The team is 4-2 without seeing a high level of production from K.O., Arop, Harris, Monninghoff, Dower, Carter, or Hyland. We do not need all of them to play well on any given night. We just need two or three of them to reach their potential by mid-season and the problems with depth and scoring balance will sort themselves out.

I expect this team to be a lot better by mid-season. Check back on them during the Memphis game before we write this season off.

FuManShoes
12-03-2010, 06:04 AM
... Is Steven is playing at "home" for the last time. I think he comes out guns ablazin' and has a great game at Key Arena, as he's done before. I hope Harris can play at near full strength and has his game face on as he did against Marquette. Without that we're asking a lot of guys - I'm thinking Hoff - who haven't proven themselves on a big stage yet.