PDA

View Full Version : Pargo #1 on ESPN top plays

zagsballer
12-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Pargo crosses the guy up and then throws down a monster dunk on another guy. It was huge, the announcers liked it too. He has still got it!

Move it to OLD DOGS thread, just wanted to let you all know.

sonuvazag
12-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Eight points from Jeremy, including THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyIOv73kAJI) to close out the first half..:000tens:

ZagNative
12-02-2010, 11:08 PM
And from Euroleague.tv, the dunk of the night (http://euroleague.infrontams.tv/index.php?id=3802)

But my favorite is this highlight video of Jeremy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZFHKw340Vs) from last week's Euroleague win over Caja Laboral, who had previously handed Maccabi T-A's only loss in Euroleague play.

deathchina
12-02-2010, 11:33 PM
holy crap that was nasty.

ZagNative
12-02-2010, 11:49 PM
This video welcoming Jeremy to Maccabi-TA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIF9auARr4g) before the season started has some great Gonzaga highlights.

Sigh .... Swagger. I want me some swagger ... and some style!

MDABE80
12-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Oh....ho ho ho...that was a good one from the "former member of America's team"...Bring him back!! Thunder!!

Zag79
12-02-2010, 11:59 PM
#1 on SC, and completely worthy. That was unreal. Man I miss that dude doing it big in a Zag uni.

Zag79
12-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Oh....ho ho ho...that was a good one from the "former meber of America's team"...Bring him back!! Thunder!!

:lmao: I heard that too Abe, great stuff. Jeremy looks like he took all the amazing skills he had at Gonzaga and made them that much better.

Pargo the Destroyer
12-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Watching sportscenter now. Cant wait to see it.

EuroZag2010
12-03-2010, 02:57 AM
Watching sportscenter now. Cant wait to see it.

Sick!!! Heres the video!! Swagger is ridiculous on him !! We miss u Pargo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4MiZs7VcMw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

kitzbuel
12-03-2010, 04:58 AM
Lovely! Good thing the defender got his hand out of the way or Jeremy would have ripped it off and thrown it right through with the ball.

thickman1
12-03-2010, 05:56 AM
Neil Everett must have been on the Sportscenter desk last night.

gozagswoohoo
12-03-2010, 06:40 AM
Oh my LORD. That was SIIIIIICCCCCKKKK.

gozagswoohoo
12-03-2010, 06:41 AM
Speaking of Pargo, man, do you guys remember how horrible he was at shooting 3's?? Lets talk about that. He was bad at 3's. He sucked at a few other things too. I mean, he was great at a lot of things, but lets talk about some things he sucked at. Like 3's.

U Zig, I Zag
12-03-2010, 08:27 AM
I miss that little dude. :(

hooter73
12-03-2010, 09:02 AM
man do i miss that. Him, Ira, Micha, even Josh with their big energy dunks. We havent seen that in a few years now (minus the Harris all power not big on flash)

guardu
12-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Speaking of Pargo, man, do you guys remember how horrible he was at shooting 3's?? Lets talk about that. He was bad at 3's. He sucked at a few other things too. I mean, he was great at a lot of things, but lets talk about some things he sucked at. Like 3's.

Yeah, good point. I mean he couldn't shoot himself out of a wet paper bag. Not to mention he deferred to his back-up to take the game winning shot against Western Kentucky in the NCAA tourney. Sheesh.

Good points Woohoo, I thought I missed him until I really thought about it in detail. :)

gozagswoohoo
12-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Yeah, good point. I mean he couldn't shoot himself out of a wet paper bag. Not to mention he deferred to his back-up to take the game winning shot against Western Kentucky in the NCAA tourney. Sheesh.

Good points Woohoo, I thought I missed him until I really thought about it in detail. :)

Glad I could jog your memory! hahaha

northsidezagfan
12-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Nastiest dunk by someone not named Blake Griffin this year.

ZagNut08
12-03-2010, 09:59 AM
was not expecting that watching SC last night...straight redunkulous. I like how all the announcers just say pargo like he was still at Gonzaga making the top 10 weekly. I miss that guy, one of the funnest players to have on a team.

Zagquette
12-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Besides being the best dunker in GU history, we forget that he was the WCC player of the year.

Just because he wasn't in the mold of Dickau, doesn't mean he shouldn't be recognized as one of GZOAT.

Arguably the best playmaker in GU history. I rewatched the GU v MSU 3ot game the other day. His 360 layup to make the defender miss was ridiculous.

Pargo the Destroyer
12-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I heart Pargo.......... Sigh

dnj116
12-03-2010, 10:15 AM
God I miss him. Waitin for Olynyk to finish it like that once.

EuroZag2010
12-03-2010, 10:18 AM
God I miss him. Waitin for Olynyk to finish it like that once.

Haha good one... Keep waiting... Sigh me too trust me

sonuvazag
12-03-2010, 10:25 AM
I wonder how ESPN got wind of that play.

misszigzag
12-03-2010, 10:28 AM
That was Brutal!

Ah, I really miss Pargo.

DixieZag
12-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Somebody help me. I recall a move by Pargo, it was at Madison Square Garden and I think it was against Duke (we got killed) - and yet Pargo unleashed this stupifying drive/crossover/180 spin lay-up, and the camera immediately went to Kobe Bryant and friends, sitting in the crowd and they were all laughing it up - giving it up to our J.P.

Anyone remember what I am talking about?

zagzilla
12-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Somebody help me. I recall a move by Pargo, it was at Madison Square Garden and I think it was against Duke (we got killed) - and yet Pargo unleashed this stupifying drive/crossover/180 spin lay-up, and the camera immediately went to Kobe Bryant and friends, sitting in the crowd and they were all laughing it up - giving it up to our J.P.

Anyone remember what I am talking about?

I was at the game and we had brought customers along with former Zag Lennie Pahram and former Duke and NBA player Brian Davis as celebrity hosts to a luxury box. When Pargo uncorked that move, Davis turned to me and asked "Who was that?" I told him it was Jeremy Pargo-Jannero's brother he said "That's a future NBA player right there".

Hope it turns out to be true-keep up the great work Jeremy

ZZ

MDABE80
12-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Sigh..now if he couldn't only do the normal things.....on a consistent basis. Something about Jeremy made him choke...even in the NBA rookie camp. Seems at ease over there and he's much loved for his playing as much as his antics ( like this...I don't remember a Euro league clip making to the the ESPN countdown...let alone a no 1). Indeed our boy seems to have found his niche over there. Doing much better there and he must be happier making his shots than worrying about missing. He is a colorful devil! Makes me smile;)

UberZagFan
12-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Besides being the best dunker in GU history, we forget that he was the WCC player of the year.

Uh, Uber hasn't forgot.

U Zig, I Zag
12-04-2010, 09:46 AM
I often thought it silly that the Zags would gather around Pargo in a circle as he jawed, etc (before tip-off).

There would be nothing better to see today than Gray or Rob or Elias or even Meech calling everyone in before tipoff and leading with one thing that this team lacks more than anything: swagger. Not overconfidence but a realization that you have the goods at your disposal, to well, dispose of the other team.

Jeremy, call Steven and give him some tips!

azzagfan
12-04-2010, 09:52 AM

Woohoo, I pray your reverse psychology will keep jazz away from this thread as well...

ZagNut08
12-04-2010, 10:20 AM
I often thought it silly that the Zags would gather around Pargo in a circle as he jawed, etc (before tip-off).

There would be nothing better to see today than Gray or Rob or Elias or even Meech calling everyone in before tipoff and leading with one thing that this team lacks more than anything: swagger. Not overconfidence but a realization that you have the goods at your disposal, to well, dispose of the other team.

Jeremy, call Steven and give him some tips!

Rob does that a lot

mee755
12-04-2010, 10:57 AM
It'd also be nice to see the guys playing with smiles...

bballbeachbum
12-04-2010, 11:55 AM
OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

loaded that one up all the way from the Kennel! love Jeremy

ZagNative
12-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Funny thing: I have 318 photos in my Pargo directory on Picassa, and only a handful show Jeremy smiling, including the one below, where he is seen smiling as A.J. Price of UConn missed a three-point shot at the Hall of Fame game inboston, to give Gonzaga the win 85-82:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Pargo/2007-12-01Jeremy-Uconn-smilesatP-1.jpg

Jeremy had 23 points in that game. Jeremy a choker? Please! Antics? Jeremy's been nothing but a credit to Gonzaga, both while he was in Spokane and continuing in the pros.