PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few Radio Show on now on KGA 1510

ZagNative
11-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Mark Few, Sam Dower, and maybe Manny are slated to be on.

adoptedzag
11-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Recap anyone?

ZagNative
11-30-2010, 05:54 AM
Interesting tidbits for me:

On Manny:

Hudson: Hey, Mark, speaking about aggressive, talk about Manny. Against Marquette, it seemed like something clicked. He's 7 out of 8 from the field, he's flying around again, he's got his hands on balls, even if he's not grabbing rebounds. He was just very active, and he looked like the kid we saw about midway through last season.

Few: Manny's an interesting situation. When he brings it, he's great. When he doesn't, he's not great. He's got to learn to practice better. He's got to learn to stay in the moment, whether it's games or practices, or what we're doing on offense. You know, we put him in in the Kansas State game, and for three straight trips, he's in the wrong place in our zone, and people are asking, "What are you doing leaving Pullen and these guys open for three?" For two years, he's played the three spot in our zone, and he was running to the two spot. It's just things like that we've got to get out of his game, and if we can tighten those up, the way he pursues the ball, and the way he's capable of making plays certainly in the course of a game, whether it's just hustling, getting rebounds, or, you know he made a nice pull-up jumper in that game and had a couple of nice drives. So certainly going into ths thing, I expected him to be the guy playing the most minutes at the three, but he hasn't performed well enough yet to deserve that.

Now hopefully after this week, he will. I'm hoping he'll make the jump up where we all thought he would be. It certainly would be better for our team if he did.
On Meech

Hudson: Mark, at the point guard position, Meech has done a lot of good things for you, and I've been most impressed with the assist-to-turnovers. He's not dishing out ten or twelve assists, but he's not turning it over four, five, or six times. He's done a solid job of what i think needs to be done with the guys around him.

Few: Yeah, for the most part. I think he could generate more assists, especially when you've got a guy like Steve or a guy like Rob or a guy like Elias, but you're right. He has not turned the ball over. He did a great job - I mean playing against Kansas State is not a lot of fun at the point guard spot, because they choke down every available outlet you have - and you have a count on you (laugh). So you better make a play, you better go by somebody, you better be tough, you better understand all that. I thought he did a nice job there.

We're continuing to work with him as far as seeing things and making those passes a little bit earlier, and, hopefully, we have all the confidence in the world, step up and make some shots here, get in a lane and hit some pull-ups. That's really a strength of his game, and we're trying to encourage him to do that. But, yeah, the best aspect he's been giving us is he's not turning the basketball over, and Meech is a fighter, and going to those Kansas State games, he's at least going to fight for you.

He also had some things to say about Elias you can see in my notes in Google Docs here (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ApS-nUo5WL0rdDlCYTdRYVNhc25wWmtRNU5pZTEwX2c&hl=en&authkey=CKe9leIH#gid=0).

Virginia Zags Fan
11-30-2010, 06:49 AM
Super thanks! A huge help for us out of towners who aren't able to listen.

adoptedzag
11-30-2010, 07:09 AM
Wow, great doc, ZN. Thanks a ton! :)

ZagNative
11-30-2010, 07:09 AM
You're welcome!

The last half hour was with Sam Dower. Super nice kid, who did a nice job. I'll to listen to my recording again and see what's noteworthy for posting.

cggonzaga
11-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Very good recap ZN. I was going to post this info but you beat me to it.

Sam talked about how much tougher college competition is compared to high school. Also how much tougher the SDSU and KSU games were compared to the first couple. Said it showed him his weaknessess and he's been working on the ever since, especially his post defense. Very nice kid who's only going to get better!

About Manny,

Now hopefully after this week, he will. I'm hoping he'll make the jump up where we all thought he would be. It certainly would be better for our team if he did.

IMO, this is the key for how far GU can go.

bballbeachbum
11-30-2010, 04:29 PM
good primer for the game. thank you ZagNative

agree on Manny. Do it Manny!