PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see tomorrow night in K2

Reborn
11-29-2010, 06:38 AM
More 3's being shot and more going through the net. I would like to see the Ninja shooters show up and do their thing. I want to see Arop playing more freely and shooting more 3's. I would even like seeing Meech shoot a few 3's. I'm hoping to see him get some confidence from the outside.

Better passing. I would love to see more than ten assists for a change. I'd love to see Rob passing out of the double-team better. I would like to see Harris passing once in awhile when he's attacking the basket and 2 or 3 guys try to stop him. Sacre must be open. But when he does pass it off to Rob, as he did once in the Marquette game, Rob must be awake, he was asleep in the Marquette game and didn't even see the pass.

Against a team like this Meech will shine. He will get more than ten points, and more likely, more than a dozen.

Stache
11-29-2010, 07:28 AM
See "lessor" "Lesser" team thread for thoughts on tuesday.

Kiddwell
11-29-2010, 07:29 AM
Manny to build on his significant contributions in the Marquette game. Manny to be the best sixth man in college basketball.

:]

hooter73
11-29-2010, 07:58 AM
See "lessor" "Lesser" team thread for thoughts on tuesday.

Im not going to live that title down for a while am I? :)

FrosTbear
11-29-2010, 08:04 AM
I would like a new starting line up ... put Manny in the 3 and Harris at the 4. I would like to see a high-low game to get our bigs into the game. I would like to see only 6 turn overs and 100 sets open up for the public for the game.

LongIslandZagFan
11-29-2010, 08:22 AM
The starting 5 for 85-90% of the game. They need time to gel as a group.

75Zag
11-29-2010, 09:36 AM
What I would like to see is that this game be the last time that Eastern WA plays against GU. I understand most of the scheduling decisions made by GU, but I really can't see any advantage to GU in playing Eastern. If Eastern plays GU tough (or God forbid beats GU), it will be more ammunition for those who lack respect for / faith in the GU team. If GU beats Eastern, nobody cares. I get it that GU needs to rest and relax and regroup after a few tough games earlier this month, but scheduling cupcakes, even if they are local cupcakes, instead of middle to upper-middle level D1 teams has never made much sense to me.

Go Bulldogs!

ZagLawGrad
11-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Fundamentals above all else by each player. Chemistry a close second. And third, KO and RS need to play like bigs who want to dominate a game.

Zag4Hire
11-29-2010, 10:16 AM
1) Stop picking up the dribble.
2) Go to the hole with conviction.
3) When the pace gets a little crazy, don't throw more fuel on the fire by making crazy full-court length passes or high risk passes.
4) Less hesitation from Monninghoff (I understand he is a youngin but looked like a deer in the headlights against tougher foes so far)
5) Sacre getting ball and one move and going up instead of allowing the defense to swarm.
6) Developing composure for Carter.
7) See Sam be powerful on the boards.
8) More minutes for Stockton.

Zag4Hire
11-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Fundamentals above all else by each player. Chemistry a close second. And third, KO and RS need to play like bigs who want to dominate a game.

That's a good one I forgot. Kelly needs to revert to being a strength instead of a liability.

U Zig, I Zag
11-29-2010, 12:10 PM
The starting 5 for 85-90% of the game. They need time to gel as a group.

I am at this point. No more than 7 deep for big minutes. Solidify the lineup and stick with it (unless we face an opponent where speed or size is warranted).

My two exceptions, at least against lesser opponents, is to play Carter and Keita more - even riding them through TO's and bad plays. We got two play makers (Gray/Harris) and we need a third. I think Keita could do it or maybe Carter (that's what we was known to do pre-GU). MM and Arop will get theirs, but MM is too timid and Manny's handles are suspect (IMHO). We need a slasher and Keita showed some of that, though he got nailed on traveling (he has prob figured that out by now, Elias teaches 'Getting Away with Euro Steps 101'.

I am also all the way off the KO bandwagon at this point. So whatever we need to do with him....

JohnOGU
11-29-2010, 01:07 PM
I want to see a team that plays with a fire inside.

I want to see somebody besides steven and rob get a pass and do something with it besides look to pass it immediately.

Confidence.

primal23
11-29-2010, 02:03 PM
What I would like to see is that this game be the last time that Eastern WA plays against GU. I understand most of the scheduling decisions made by GU, but I really can't see any advantage to GU in playing Eastern. If Eastern plays GU tough (or God forbid beats GU), it will be more ammunition for those who lack respect for / faith in the GU team. If GU beats Eastern, nobody cares. I get it that GU needs to rest and relax and regroup after a few tough games earlier this month, but scheduling cupcakes, even if they are local cupcakes, instead of middle to upper-middle level D1 teams has never made much sense to me.

Go Bulldogs!

To be fair, it wasn't that long ago, that this same thing was said about GU. I want to see them continue this series, and not have GU pull a UW.

23dpg
11-29-2010, 02:11 PM
I want to see Arop get a lot of Arebounds.

Hoopaholic
11-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Dim....I am confused

You want Meech to get more than 4 assists, yet you also want him to cross 10 second line in 3 seconds and then immediately pass the ball.....so that would mean that person who gets the pass will have to shoot immediately for Meech to get any assists...meaning that we are shooting at the 30 second mark of the shot clock.....

isnt that what he is averaging for assists or close to it

or you expect the offense to then come back around to Meech without ANYONE looking for a shot so that he can then make an assist late in the shot clock

either option does not sound like efficient team basketball to me

Hoopaholic
11-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Continued team improvement

misszigzag
11-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Team basketball. Not looking for a one man show, lets spread the love around.

gamagin
11-29-2010, 03:37 PM
pear treeeeeee.

Hoopaholic
11-29-2010, 04:01 PM
that my friend makes more sense...but remember it takes someone to run the wings to pass it to them..which is one of the issues I have been harping on is we dont seem to run the court with much vigor at times and many times Meech is down at the free throw line before anyone else has filled the lanes

DCZag
11-29-2010, 04:14 PM
A few power dunks by E, Rob dominate the paint, Kelly hold on to the ball in traffic, Meech keep his head up and use the dribble more effectively, Manny continue being aggressive, Sam get some finishes close in, and Gray getting a few minutes less playing time.

2-1 TO-A ratio, healthy rebound margin - and once we get all that, the new gets get a few minutes to work on the above.

Zagtana
11-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Based on Eastern's record/performance to date, I don't see much advantage to letting our Zag starters have a super easy time they most likely will have, especially just before they go up against a tough opponent like the Illini. Sloppy play, which shows up by the better team the majority of time in a game like this, doesn't help us. We have some young players who need confidence, a chance to show their stuff. So, how about sending our newbies against the Eaglets? Carter, Stockton, the Hoffster (tell him to shoot a minimum of 10 threes), Keita, Hart, Hyland (?), Sam D., JO, with very limited time to the starters. Challenge them, it would do them a world of good. I mean right from the start, not just after the regular starters build up a big lead. If they (the youngsters) can't handle it, send in the starters to save the day - at least that would be a challenge for Gray, Sacre, Meech, Harris. Sure, it would be fun to beat Eastern by 30-40 points, but we gain, IMO, nothing by doing so. If our starters don't know by now where they need to improve we're in trouble. Yet, having our "B" (B for bench) team taking them down would do wonders for GU down the road. Just a thought.

kitzbuel
11-29-2010, 05:46 PM
I want to see Mark Few get steaming mad and throw a cheerleader into the crowd!

Why? Are you gonna be in the crowd? :)

HOOTER
11-29-2010, 06:00 PM
I'd like to see the Zags win. :)

bigblahla
11-30-2010, 04:47 AM
More assists than turnovers and a 10+ rebounding margin.

Go!! Zags!!!

titopoet
11-30-2010, 05:48 AM
Since, I have, by default, become the defensive observer, I would love to see no open looks by Eastern inside the three point line and the only open looks outside the 3 line to be 23 feet or longer; GU out rebounding EWU by 20, and holding EWU to under 35% shooting; everyone making a concerted effort to stay in front of their men and good D rotation and good communication between the players. No gambling, play strait up and shut down D.

From individuals:

From Gray, Meech and Carter: don't allow any penetration, pressure the passing lanes and rebound long as EWU will shoot a lot of 3s.

From Sacre, Harris, KO, Block out, and once the rebound is out get it to Meech or the Guards right away.

From Dower. absorb the lessons from the last few games and fight to not get sealed so much. Play behind or in front, but forget the side stuff.

From Arop, continue the last game results, Stay down in D position for the whole possession.

gamagin
11-30-2010, 11:42 AM
stay healthy and break a sweat.