PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga U Official Online Store

75Zag
11-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Just ordered a few GU items for Christmas gifts for my family (and me) from the official GoZags web site. When I got to the payment screen, there was no Washington sales tax charged, which seemed rather odd, as GU in in Spokane, WA and I am in Vancouver, WA. On reading the fine print at the bottom of the screen, the GU Official Store is now located in Jacksonville Florida? What happened to the friendly folks in the basement of the COG / GU Bookstore? Has GU merchandising been "off-shored" to Florida? Yikes!

Go Bulldogs (or go Gators, if that is more appropriate)!

Radbooks
11-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Here's the address for the bookstore:

http://www.bookstore.gonzaga.edu/

They have all kinds of stuff. I'm guessing that the gozags site is managed by the company that has media rights to the Zags and so they send you to their place in Florida.

ID ZAGFAN
11-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Just ordered a few GU items for Christmas gifts for my family (and me) from the official GoZags web site. When I got to the payment screen, there was no Washington sales tax charged, which seemed rather odd, as GU in in Spokane, WA and I am in Vancouver, WA. On reading the fine print at the bottom of the screen, the GU Official Store is now located in Jacksonville Florida? What happened to the friendly folks in the basement of the COG / GU Bookstore? Has GU merchandising been "off-shored" to Florida? Yikes!

Go Bulldogs (or go Gators, if that is more appropriate)!

The friendly store in the Cog is still there. It has (almost) totally different merchandise than the online store.

Since I was spending so much time lounging in bed with my recovering knee, I ordered some GU pj pants and a couple of extra long sleeved tees to wear. I too was surprised when they were shipped from Florida. I wanted some more PJpants so I stopped into the COG when we were in Spokane--no PJ pants and completely different long sleeved tees. I saw something I wanted to get for Mr. ID for Christmas, but didn't want him to see it, so thought I would order it online and have it sent to my neighbor--no such luck, they don't carry it! :-(

I ordered more PJ pants and long sleeved tees, though, and again they came from Florida.

Can't quite figure it out--but I didn't ask the student who waited on me--figured she wouldn't know.

ZaGranny

Radbooks
11-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Here is another place to buy Zag stuff if you don't mind going somewhere besides the bookstore. They have a lot of different things I haven't seen other places because they also carry stuff for pro teams.

http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_Gonzaga_Bulldogs

germzag
11-28-2010, 11:35 PM
You ordered online. Online stores do not charge a state sales.

Zagpower
11-29-2010, 06:13 AM

Hi Germ. That's not true. If your business has any physical presence in any state that charges Sales tax (ie GU bookstore is in WA) you have to charge Sales Tax on all sales to that state even if merchandise is ordered online from another state.

Not sure why tax is not being charged to WA residents unless the online store is unrelated to GU in any way. Interesting.

MBZags
11-29-2010, 06:22 AM

If you order from Amazon in WA, you're charged sales tax.

jbslicer
11-29-2010, 06:30 AM
Send in your USE TAX or I'll have to report you. The state really needs the money.

zagsfan21
11-29-2010, 09:28 AM
The store that is on gozags.com is the same store you'll find at footballfanatics.com. It's a large, over-arching store that many colleges now use as their "official" team store. The bookstore link given by radbooks above is the place to find the on-campus store.