PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 Coaches Vs. Cancer BELiEVE T-Shirts

I BELiEVE.
11-26-2010, 11:51 AM
The Coaches vs. Cancer BeLIEVE t-shirts are back!

Last year’s t-shirt campaign had amazing success; thanks to the outpouring of support we raised over $30,000 for the fight against cancer. This year we think we can achieve MORE, but we need your help. Please show your support of Coaches vs. Cancer by buying and wearing a “BeLIEVE” t-shirt to your team’s game during “Coaches vs. Cancer Weekend”, January 28 - 30, 2011. My hope is that everyone, no matter your school affiliation or location, will be wearing a BeLIEVE t-shirt and stand united in the fight against this terrible disease.
I BeLIEVE. Please join me!

The Gonzaga Coaches vs. Cancer game is on January 29th against The University of San Diego. The goal is to paint the Kennel white in BeLIEVE t-shirts and help Coach Few and Marcy in the fight against cancer. Thanks for all your support last year, check out the new t-shirts at www.cvctee.com!

ZagnetitForce
11-26-2010, 12:16 PM
This is fantastic! Thank you for your involvement in fighting for awareness and a cure! As mentioned, we all have our stories where cancer has touched our lives in one way or another. You have my support!!!!!

I BELiEVE.
11-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks so much for your support, it is much appreciated and makes such a difference!

EuroZag2010
11-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Thanks so much for your support, it is much appreciated and makes such a difference!

i just ordered my t-shirts :D pretty excited!! last year it was awesome to see all the white shirts!! ;)

I BELiEVE.
11-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Thanks for ordering shirts! Can't wait to see the Kennel on CvC game day!

U Zig, I Zag
11-30-2010, 08:06 AM
Check out the page. The model on the right is rocking a 'sad vampire' Kristen Stewart kind of look. ;)

I went to the CvC game last year and I was dissapointed in how many people weren't wearing the shirts nor were they even bothered to wear white. Found it odd.

* edited to add that Kristen Stewart is hot, so my comparison was really a compliment. ;)

I BELiEVE.
12-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Thanks for spreading the word! There should be a disclaimer on the site that people in t-shirts are not models...that is for sure! :) We also have a Facebook page (look up IBELiEVE.) and would love all the fans we can get to help get the word out. Thank you!

Radbooks
12-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Got my shirts today and they're great!! Thanks guys!

I BELiEVE.
12-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Thanks for your order! It is much appreciated.

bballbeachbum
12-05-2010, 12:04 PM
just outfitted the family :)

johno
01-05-2011, 02:00 PM
It's my understanding that Coaches vs Cancer is a partnership with the American Cancer Society. The below charity rating site rates the ACS as an inefficinet organization. It's two top directors make over a combined $1.6 million a year and it spends over 26% of donations on administrative and fund raising costs. This isn't to take anything away from the those that volunteer like the Fews, just wish more funds went to those in need. I don't see how anyone working for a non-profit can justify making anything close to those numbers.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=6495

Oregonzagnut
03-04-2011, 10:32 AM
It's my understanding that Coaches vs Cancer is a partnership with the American Cancer Society. The below charity rating site rates the ACS as an inefficinet organization. It's two top directors make over a combined $1.6 million a year and it spends over 26% of donations on administrative and fund raising costs. This isn't to take anything away from the those that volunteer like the Fews, just wish more funds went to those in need. I don't see how anyone working for a non-profit can justify making anything close to those numbers.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=6495

Anything that gets bigger than the infrastructure that created it gets more inefficient. It takes some re-organization and commitment to being non-profit and keeping expenses and employees to a minimum. The problem with most charities is they still usually pay exorbitant salaries. Then they keep a bunch of caring volunteers around them to do all the real work. Embezzlement is a problem anywhere and those high salaries are a form of that embezzlement. Plus in most larger charities, less than 75% gets into the field or into actual research. Research isn't cheap and often it can be frivolous or even a facade to get funds to build facilities first, then ask for more money to finish the job. Meanwhile some university or hospital just did a huge upgrade. All without touching a cancer cell.

Cancer hits us all. My uncle just died from prostate. I helped take care of him for almost a year. So sometimes we just start throwing money at research in the hope 1 out of 10 will come through with something. Problem is, 1-2 of those 10 are scams too. It seems like one step forward and 2 steps back but it really isn't.

Please continue to give to ACS and CvC like your life might depend on it. I do! But hold them accountable. Our money is not like sending our kid off to school and then blindly trust. We must get more personally involved. Even just a little bit.

Read their financial statements. Call them on it. If everyone just read where their money was going, and spoke up, rich charity executives would disappear.

Be a dolphin, kill a shark.