Prediction Thread: GU vs. K-State (Monday)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiddwell
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Prediction Thread: GU vs. K-State (Monday)

With GU having fallen to SDSU on Tuesday at K2, this game against KSU (basically at their place) becomes an acid test about team resiliency. It's doubly so, in fact, with the loss of the Zags' star PF/SF Elias Harris. The $64 question: Who steps up for the Zags? (This fan suggests a lot of Zags better step up.)

Keep an eye on K-State's PG Jacob Pullen. An AP pre-season All-American, Pullen is a lotta people's choice for the Big-12's POY.

Kiddwell rarely picks against the Zags, but--

GU (#11) - 77
    K-State (#3) - 85

:[
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!
  • 75Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

Oops!

K State by 7.

Go Bulldogs!

On edit, just noticed that most places in Vegas have the line between 5.5 and 6.5. Sounds about right.

Go Bulldogs, Again!
    Last edited by 75Zag; 11-21-2010, 02:29 PM. Reason: Add Odds
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• mee755
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

As much as I'd love to see the Cat's go down, I just don't see it happening. This year's Zags haven't been road-tested yet.

Plus, all the hype around this part of the world is KSU v. Duke. Not even a mention about the Monday night game.
      ...and there definitely is no such thing as Prince Charming.

Comment

• DCZag
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Aug 2009

Vegas be damned - Zags win in OT!

Comment

• CB4
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2009

Zags lose by 16

Comment

• 229SintoZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by mee755 View Post
            As much as I'd love to see the Cat's go down, I just don't see it happening. This year's Zags haven't been road-tested yet.

Plus, all the hype around this part of the world is KSU v. Duke. Not even a mention about the Monday night game.
            This is actually a good thing for us.

Comment

• gamagin
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Zags by one *

* margin of error plus/minus 8.
              Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
              Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
              Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• NEC26
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I'm just really hoping Elias doesn't injure himself even worse to be honest.

I'll say K-State by 11

Comment

• HOOTER
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

I'd love to see the Zags pull this one off, but my gut tells me it won't happen. My gut is telling me things could get ugly over the next few days. I hope my gut is wrong.

Comment

• Kiddwell
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by NEC26 View Post
                    I'm just really hoping Elias doesn't injure himself even worse to be honest.

I'll say K-State by 11
                    Ooo, hadn't realized Elias was cleared to play (too busy this weekend to catch that news). Still not sure the Zags win this one, though. And, as NEC26 says above, hope Elias doesn't aggravate his injuries.

Zags have to give a San Diego State-type effort if we're to ambush the Wildcats.

:]
                    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• mee755
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 229SintoZag View Post
                      This is actually a good thing for us.
                      Mee hopes the wildcats are jinxing themselves by focusing on Dule & ignoring GU.
                      ...and there definitely is no such thing as Prince Charming.

Comment

• OZZY
                        Zag for Life
                        • Aug 2009

A couple of Zag players really step up to be counted...

Zags by 5

77-72

Comment

I don't know if we win or not, but I expect the Zags to represent well. Very, very seldom has a Mark Few coached team played poorly two games in a row. Add to that, the Zags have had nearly a week to prepare for this game. Few and his staff are about as good as there is at game preparation when given adequate time.

Comment

• Zagnificent
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Nov 2010

Zags win by one in OT (82-81). Call me crazy, but I think they pull off a huge road win here. I can't even conceive of how this would happen, but I want it too desperately to predict against my Zags.
                            GU Class of '10, MUSC Class of '14

Comment

• Baldwinzag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

IF Elias starts tomorrows game & plays at half-speed due to his injury:

KSU - 76
                              Zags - 60

IF Elias just makes an appearance to test his foot/ankle, yet decides to take precaution & sits out to heal while allowing the players who have practiced 85% of this season's practices together:

KSU - 72
                              Zags - 69

I'm in the isolated minority, but in some ways, I think Elias will actually hamper our chances for KSU.

2 reasons:

1-- Elias hasn't practiced with the team in prepartion for Kansas State until TODAY. In addition, he's only logged ONE healthy week of practice since October 15th. Talk about chemistry issues, experience at SF, and taking others out of their flow.

2 -- The motivation of the team to step up SANS Elias. Players such as Sam Dower, Kelly Olynyk, Manny Arop, are waiting for the opportunity to show they belong.

Again, I can't wait until Elias returns to this team. We NEED him. Then again, we need him to be close to 100% and have experience praciticing at his NEW frickin' position & with this team led by Steven Gray.

I want the best of Harris. I think the best thing would be to rest, heal, and come back strong in 2 weeks or so, AFTER he's had more than only one day to run through drills with the team.

I mentioned it in another thread, but Elias didn't touch the court until Sunday morning. I just don't see bringin him back vs KSU is the right thing to do when his injury is still a question mark.

Why not take a few lumps while allowing the healthy players on this roster receiving some tremendous experience and playing time. Show some trust in this depth, Coach. To be honest, it doesn't make any sense to play him this early.

Elias is not more effective w/o practicing at all with this team.

I'll take a 100% Sam Dower/Kelly Olynyk over a 40% Elias Harris any day of the week. I can't believe they are saying he's, "Good to go" when he was still limping on Saturday and pulled on his first pair of sneaker on Sunday before heading to KC.
                              “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

Working...
                              X