• RRZagFan
    Kennel Club Material
    • Jan 2008

From Yahoo Sports

We will be Ready come March.

• JAGzag
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

Reading the early posts and from the early results, I have mixed feelings. For the past number of years we came sprinting out of the gate with big victories and even bigger expectations as a result. This year feels different and as with most teams, we see our team trying to find their identity. We all know this team has the talent to do special things, perhaps we should all wait until it really matters to see what happens?

Comment

• MickMick
      Zag for Life
      • Apr 2007

I would prefer the Zags to peak in February like SMC did last season. I think the inverted schedule works against them in that respect.

The Zags have enough in their roster to assemble something really good by then. I'm putting less stock in the OOC this season. I expect them to struggle at times but I would gladly accept it if they become a better team because of it in March.

This may be a season to throw out rankings, RPI, seeding, and national attention. The Zags need a chip on their shoulder and a challenge to prove themselves in the conference tournament. I think the path may be closer to what SMC did last season as opposed to historical GU squads. They may just have to win the WCC tournament to get a bid.
      I miss Mike Hart

Comment

Working...
      X