PDA

View Full Version : This team is still

zagsrelite
11-17-2010, 05:26 AM
a final four caliber team!

Even if Harris injury is season ending, this team is a TEAM, not one superstar! Don't forget, we still have the BEST coach in America, and the best coaching staff as well.

This staff will teach from last nights loss and we will go on a major run, just wait and see!

I still have us in the Final Four!!!!!

NEC26
11-17-2010, 05:30 AM

Even if Harris injury is season ending, this team is a TEAM, not one superstar! Don't forget, we still have the BEST coach in America, and the best coaching staff as well.

This staff will teach from last nights loss and we will go on a major run, just wait and see!

Without Harris this team does not have the potential to reach the final four. We definitely need him back. However I agree this team is capable of getting there with him back. Despite the negative nancy's we have around here.

ZagLawGrad
11-17-2010, 06:17 AM
It's way too early to judge, and one game does not make a team, but there is no sign so far that this team has any Final Four potential.

GUZagDenver
11-17-2010, 06:52 AM

This is actually comical.

tobizag
11-17-2010, 06:57 AM
what

007Zag
11-17-2010, 07:04 AM
Nope, sorry. Without Elias, we don't have a chance at the FF. With him I'm not sure we'll get there. Not saying we won't, but a lot of things need to fall right for us to reach the FF, and one of those things is a healthy Elias.

gozagswoohoo
11-17-2010, 07:22 AM

I'm all for positive thinking....but with or without Elias, if March comes and the zags play like they did last night, a Sweet16 is the best we could ever hope for. And that could be pushing it. You will never, ever, ever see a Final Four team being outrebounded by 17, and shoot 5-18 from three. Just not gonna happen.

Just being realistic here. But I hope things turn around.

titopoet
11-17-2010, 07:29 AM
I'm all for positive thinking....but with or without Elias, if March comes and the zags play like they did last night, a Sweet16 is the best we could ever hope for. And that could be pushing it. You will never, ever, ever see a Final Four team being outrebounded by 17, and shoot 5-18 from three. Just not gonna happen.

Just being realistic here. But I hope things turn around.

Maybe, the Zags look to last years Butler. They started out badly after a lot of hype (top ten) and then fell flat out in Anaheim by losing a couple. They also lost another one to UAB. They then buckled down and learn to work together as a team.

gozagswoohoo
11-17-2010, 08:01 AM
Maybe, the Zags look to last years Butler. They started out badly after a lot of hype (top ten) and then fell flat out in Anaheim by losing a couple. They also lost another one to UAB. They then buckled down and learn to work together as a team.

I hope you're right. And let me make sure and point out that I think this team still has the potential to be a FF team, but what I'm saying is, is that if we don't change something from last night, there's no way in a dog's tail we'll get there. Good news is, the things we did wrong last night are fixable. Few can spend the next few practices doing nothing but drilling "block out and push your man BACKWARDS" into the guys heads. Just standing in front of your man and sticking your butt into him is not good enough, you gotta back your man outta there. That right there is huge. The Aztecs virtually had 17 extra possessions last night (17 more reb). Imagine if they difference was only Aztecs +10. You think the zags can score 3 extra points with 7 additional possessions?? I hope so.

DZ
11-17-2010, 08:18 AM
There was a particular play highly evident of that, second half, about 6 minute mark (I was about 20 feet away) and SDSU had an offensive miss and Dower had position, but a quick slide by Johnson and then a full on push by Johnson back on Dower, left him 4 or 5 feet clearance for an important put back. Some games that is going to be called, but last night, it was clear that they were calling NOTHING under the boards, SDSU took advantage of it, GU did not adjust.

zag944
11-17-2010, 08:29 AM
after any defeat, I try to remind myself that the Zags have also shown that they could very well come out in the next game and beat anybody in the freaking nation.

There are like 35 teams with FF potential...and we are one of them with or without EH. Its a single elimination tourney where a red hot team can make anything happen.
There are like 5-6 teams that are FF caliber, which we are not with or without EH.

RenoZag
11-17-2010, 08:32 AM
They weren't a FF caliber team before last night's game and they still aren't.

Could they EVOLVE into one as the season progresses ?

That's the fun of following the Zags.

zagzilla
11-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Anything is possible but if Elias misses the season we're lucky to get to S16. If he just misses the non-conference schedule we will take a few extra losses and our seeding will be affected. We all know that the 8/9/4/5 seeds are death.

Heal up E we need you

Johnzaga
11-17-2010, 08:34 AM
Gray was an all star last night and needs praise. But he shouldn't have been put in that spot. Our bigs got pushed around and dominated last night and with our bigs - that should never happen. This will be a perfect wake-up call and all will be forgotten when we win our next 2 games.

ZagKing09
11-17-2010, 08:34 AM
I hope you're right. And let me make sure and point out that I think this team still has the potential to be a FF team, but what I'm saying is, is that if we don't change something from last night, there's no way in a dog's tail we'll get there. Good news is, the things we did wrong last night are fixable. Few can spend the next few practices doing nothing but drilling "block out and push your man BACKWARDS" into the guys heads. Just standing in front of your man and sticking your butt into him is not good enough, you gotta back your man outta there. That right there is huge. The Aztecs virtually had 17 extra possessions last night (17 more reb). Imagine if they difference was only Aztecs +10. You think the zags can score 3 extra points with 7 additional possessions?? I hope so.

+1 woohoo

jim77
11-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Wonder what KSU is thinking after watching last nights game? Stop Steven Gray and it'll be a blowout? The GU bigs are slow as molasses and NOT physical. The PG at times shows spark..but for the most part he's nothing to worry about.

Do you ever wonder what peoples answers would have been had we made that last 3 pointer to tie it up...and pulled it out in overtime?

Despite all the stuff we didn't do right(and SDSU was a big part of that) we were 1 shot from tieing it up...and the other team was worried bigtime. Our depth almost got SDSU despite some nice bball from the Aztecs.

Even without Elias (and I hope the fella can come back) we still have the guys to get it done. On the inside we have Hart and Arop who can scrap...and I would not want to play against Big Rob next game. On offense we have the scariest guy in the country in Steven Gray......and Meech who by the way looks much better this year and needs to keep shooting cause his shot looks much better. We have Kelly (dunk over the top of you) OHHHH! I think this guy can have a huge game and think Kelly needs to post up on the top of the key and do some ball distributing. Moorninnhoff needs to shoot more 3's and stay in the flow of the game......our guys got more left in em' no doubt. Play hard guys cause we got plenty of depth. The Zags will play "inspired" come next week.

P.S. Mouthpiece fittings and elbow/knee pad fittings are Thursday at 2 pm. for the bigs.