PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Morgan in Spiece Run 'n Slam Tourney

BobZag
05-27-2007, 09:05 AM
http://www.gymratsbasketball.com/tournament/pdf/memorial_day_senior_brackets.pdf

Jordan is reportedly tearing it up. His Michigan Roadrunners team is in the senior-to-be Gold Division. If his team wins, word is he's a strong candidate for All-Tourney honors.

Stay tuned.

LynetteG
05-27-2007, 10:13 AM
His team won the 1st game today 66-56, and the 2nd game 59-56. They are in the elite 8 right now, 3 wins away from the Championship title. All 5 games will be played today. Note that the Roadrunners team is not his usual AAU 17U team. His team (Michigan Select) was supposed to go to TOC, but there was a huge mixup with registration so J and 4 of his teammates joined the RRs team, since they were short on players for this tourney.

I don't have individual stats on him, sorry. Sis says he is playing VERY well though, pretty much dominating.

LynetteG
05-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Heartbreaker, lost by 1, 49-48 in their elite 8 game. They had a last second shot attempt that failed to fall. One of the guards tried, missed. Probably won't go down to top 8 teams for all-tourney team selections. Ah well!

LynetteG
05-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Mal,

His Rivals profile is up-to-date as of now. They have his vitals correct, as well. Scout is very outdated. We are hearing 2 more inches and he is top 5 in the nation...wow. Hope they get some pictures of him up soon, as I know they have them.

LynetteG
05-27-2007, 02:10 PM
the list is pretty fluid and i am sure it will change as the summer moves on. schools can start to call his house in a couple of weeks. should be very interesting.

oh, three other schools not on that list that have expressed interest are Notre Dame, Wright State, and Kentucky.

MDABE80
05-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Amazing this kid!!! If he's still growing, he should be 6 ft 9 or 10" soon and he'll weigh 250 lbs. He's shown good strength and a fine touch. WHo wouldn't want Jordan!!!. I bet that list will grow to 20 before it's over. Lots of confusion for a youngster. I hope Jordan liked it out here when he came for camp last year. Is he still pitching too? Abe

LynetteG
05-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Baseball is pretty much over for him this season. The team lost 5 seniors last year so they were rebuilding this year. I don't know if he was still pitching or what.

Yes, still growing...

let's play 'who's the tallest of 'em all'... lol

http://www.uofdjesuit.org/extracurriculars/athletics/team_sites/baseball/2007_varsity.htm

still open to schools, no decision will be made for a long while yet. i think the jockeying for position on the part of the schools will heat up this summer, though. it will be interesting, to say the least.

trying to get him to come out here after the Vegas tourney at the end of July. we'll see. he's really busy!

BobZag
05-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Amazing this kid!!! If he's still growing, he should be 6 ft 9 or 10" soon and he'll weigh 250 lbs. He's shown good strength and a fine touch. WHo wouldn't want Jordan!!!. I bet that list will grow to 20 before it's over. Lots of confusion for a youngster. I hope Jordan liked it out here when he came for camp last year. Is he still pitching too? Abe

Yes, still pitching. He liked it here but like any smart kid he wants to look around and see what other schools are like. Hitting 6'9" or 6'10" would put him on every school's list.

webspinnre
05-27-2007, 06:05 PM
LOL. I think Abe was talking about being a pitcher in baseball. Still, I love hearing about this kid (especially his academic prowess, wow), and I hope he decides that being a Zag is the way to go.